Terrible customer service - Caravan Club Motorhome Insurance

Barrie45's review of The Caravan Club Caravan Insurance www.caravanclub.co.uk

“Terrible customer service - Caravan Club Motorhome...”

Written on: 26/07/2013 by Barrie45 (1 review written)

I would definitely not recommend the Caravan Club Insurance for motorhome insurance due to their poor customer service, poor opening hours, a call back service that they don't call you back on and misleading information (in my opinion) on their policies.

I would first like to say that I believe that the company that operates the mororhomes policies service for the Caravan Club is different to the one that operates the Caravan Insurance. However I would warn anyone thinking of starting a new policy with them to think again.
As i was taking my campervan abroad this year I thought that by insuring through the Caravan Club this would give me peace of mind - It has caused me nothing but grief for the last 3 weeks that i have now cancelled the policy and gone elsewhere.
As the campervan I own was professionally converted last year I had this on a conversion policy with my previous insurer which gained me 1 years no claims bonus on the campervan. When I took the policy out with the Caravan Club Insurance they requested no claims bonus info (not a problem) and my renewal premium from my previous insurer. As my policy would effectively change from a conversion policy to a standard policy Caravan Club Insurance would not accept my renewal as they classed it as a new quote - my current insurers didn't, but there you go. This meant they would not honour there offer to beat the renewal by £25 which would have dropped it down to around £350. what a joke! They then gave me a quote for over £900!! Bearing in mind I am married, mid thirties with no accidents or convictions to my name!! (My new insurer with the same level of cover gave me a quote for £350!) I then had to actually prompt the supervisor on the phone on things that he might offer to bring the premium down! I eventually dropped it to £550! Great
It doesn't end there, when i phoned to query some of the information I had some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced from call centers. The lady at the other end of the line was talking over me, she was arguing with me regarding documents that I could actually read from in my hand and was completely unhelpful.
After this incident I requested a call back from a supervisor on a weekday after 17:00 as i can't take calls at work.....he calls me on back on Monday at 14:00!!!! I requested that he gave me a call back after 17:00 that same day which he agreed to but guess what no call!! I try to call back on Tuesday and get through to the call back service which i use....you've guessed it still no call. The supervisor then calls me out of the blue 5 days later on Friday...you've guessed it... at 14:00 when i'm working!!

The set up there seems to be completely hopeless and if this is how bad they are dealing with customers i hate to see what there service is like if you actually need to make a claim. Even the documentation that i received with my policy documents seemed like it had been printed off a home office inkjet printer and it had dogeared corners!
When you go for a policy from the Caravan Club you expect high quality and helpful staff but from my experience they fall far short of their competitors.

Have you made a claim