Servicing Stop Ltd - www.servicingstop.co.uk Review

Servicing Stop Ltd - www.servicingstop.co.uk
3.5

Abbs6's review of Servicing Stop Ltd - www.servicingstop.co.uk

“Where do you even start with this company? Probably by...”

written by Abbs6 on 13/05/2024

Where do you even start with this company?
Probably by calling them shocking and terrible.
I booked in for a service with a local garage, only to be then told that it had to be postponed for a week.
On the day, the car was collected by someone who didn't speak much english, but was pleasent enough.
I was called to say how much the servicing was going to be - just under £1k. I felt held to ransom as I was going away the next day so I reluctantly agreed. Then phoning around other local garages turns out I could save about £350.
I rang back to stop the work being done and the servicestop rep said that he would call the garage to find out how far they had got. After a few mins, he came back saying that they had nearly finished as had got 5 members of staff to ensure the work was done quickly. This was around 1.30pm.
I found out who the garage was and called them to find out what time the car would be ready only to be told "we are just starting it now".
Alarm bells flashed.
I rang back service stop to tell them that they needed to do something about the price - the rep told me that he "would go against his managers and give me a 15% discount" and that he would "get in real trouble" if he was found out.
I was calmed down by this rep and felt like I had been 'looked after' despite what seemed like being lied to earlier.
This is when it all went wrong.
I got my car back later and had the itemised bill from the garage. Turns out all the rep had done was to remove the servicing charge that I had previously pre paid (they were charging me twice for it) and didn't charge me for an all change - but turns out they used MY OIL that I had in the boot already.

I can't tell you how ripped off and lied to I have felt from this company so if you have skipped to the end, I would definitely NOT recommend this company.

• Worcester