Avoid admiral plug & drive or any admiral blackbox policy

Admiral Car Insurance Reviews - admiral.com
3.6

Fridav185's review of Admiral Car Insurance Reviews - admiral.com

“Avoid admiral plug and drive or any admiral blackbox...”

written by Fridav185 on 27/03/2024

I insured my car with admiral under a plug and drive policy beginning January 2024. I have been driving for more than 2 years and have had no issues, and have had no complaints about my driving. I believe myself to be a very smooth and safe driver, never speeding etc., so I was more than happy to get a black box policy to reduce my insurance premium. This was a big mistake!! I had been insured with Admiral for a little over 2 months after I had my first driver feedback report: rated POOR. I had 5* for speeding, 3* for time of day that i drive, and 1* for smoothness! They accused me of fast acceleration and deceleration, of which i do neither. I called the company to complain and explained that I drive extremely smoothly and there was little i could do to improve my driver rating. All they said was drive better! They threatened to cancel my policy if i did not meet their standards, so i cancelled first! I was not risking having my insurance cancelled for a faulty blackbox report. They are extremely strict and expect you to accelerate 1-10pmh over a span of 5 minutes. My policy cost me a little over £1300c and after having in insured for less than 3 months, i was only refunded £809. This company is ridiculous for their blackbox policies. AVOID !!!!

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive