Admiral? Pirates more like

Admiral Car Insurance Reviews - admiral.com
3.6

AdmiralAreScum's review of Admiral Car Insurance Reviews - admiral.com

“Admiral? Pirates more like”

written by AdmiralAreScum on 23/04/2023

Do not take out a travel insurance policy with these charlatans or you'll regret it. I was admitted to St Luke's Medical Centre in Quezon City, the Philippines, in July suffering from dehydration and high blood pressure. In addition to charging me for medications that I was not actually prescribed, the Centre provided me with an inaccurate medical report and other documentation. For example, the Director of Emergency Care, Dr Arnel M. Tolosa, has claimed in writing that I had reported my symptoms on two occasions to the hospital - a complete and utter utrue and I can prove it.

More seriously, they wrongly claimed that my condition had been caused by excessive alcohol consumption. In fact, I was stone-cold sober when I was admitted and had only imbibed a small amount of alcohol some seven hours before. The much more likely cause was food poisoning or a bad reaction to heat, which staff acknowledged to me verbally at the time.

However, Admiral, being monumentally crafty, unscrupulous and money-grabbing charlatans, have taken St Luke's fabrications at face value and are refusing to pay out my insurance claim for the treatment and the changes to my travel plans it necessitated. This has cost me around £1700. While Admiral refuse to accept the obvious flaws in St Luke's documentation, I have obtained a second medical opinion that contradicts the judgements made by St Luke's staff. But of course Admiral will not accept this evidence because it would compel them to pay up what they owe me.

Moreover, their organisation is riddled with incompetence from top to bottom. I have had a separate complaint upheld about being misled time and again by their phone agents. Their compensation offer? An insulting £50.

I have been travelling for work and pleasure for 20 years and never have I come across a travel insurance provider this greedy, unhelpful and downright mendacious. Avoid them at all cost - or you'll find it'll cost you an awful lot.

• Currently Claiming