It's a more expensive version of Plusnet

2.5
  • Reliability

• Speed Consistency

SCF123's review of Greenbee, www.greenbee.com

“It's a more expensive version of Plusnet”

written by SCF123 on 01/08/2011

Greenbee's ISP service is provided by Plusnet. I've been with Greenbee for about 3 years, without realising this. As far as I can see, at the moment Plusnet is cheaper, so I can't see much reason to go with Greenbee.

My experience has been negative and I wouldn't recommend Greenbee, or Plusnet for that matter. They have been very reluctant to deal with an external fault on the line which disconnected my service. It took about 10 days of trying to get them to agree to call an engineer. Then they didn't call him; then more delay, allegedly caused by BT Wholesale; then they couldn't do anything because my new ISP had put a tag on the line. So basically no broadband for three weeks at least.

I was OK about paying more for Greenbee in the mistaken belief that I'd get a John Lewis approach to customer service/support when there were technical problems. I didn't get this. I also failed to get a proper approach to a refund. The initial reaction was that they wouldn't refund anything because they hadn't done anything wrong. A complaint then went in to ISPA, and by return they offered a sensible refund. It was as if they were just trying it on to see if I'd complain properly.

I'd advise anyone thinking about broadband to avoid Greenbee. If you check out the reviews on this and other sites, you'll find faster, cheaper and better providers depending on your requirements. Don't be misled by the John Lewis connection: you're paying a premium price for a very average service.

• Reliability