Worst long haul flight I have ever had

Virgin Atlantic Airways
2.5
  • Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Mashie47's review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

“Worst long haul flight I have ever had”

written by Mashie47 on 11/12/2014

Flew with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester to Orlando on flight VS73 on Thursday 13th November. The ground staff were friendly and handled our bag drop very efficiently. Unfortunately, that is where the goods points end.
The flight itself was OK albeit a little late. The seats were just about comfortable enough as was the legroom. However, the flight crew missed out our entire row when serving the evening meal and the only way we got served was to ask for the food which was only just edible.
We flew back to Manchester on VS76 on Tuesday 25th November and paid for extra legroom seats in the hope of getting some sleep on the overnight flight. These extra legroom seats were immediately outside one of the galleys and whilst the legroom was more than adequate the constant queue of passengers asking for service (the flight crew only came around once during the flight to offer liquid refreshments) together with the additional light from the galley made sleeping virtually impossible.
Again we were missed out during the dinner service and had to ask for the food. We were then missed out again when the desert was served and had to go to one of the galleys to ask if here was a reason for us being missed out. After finishing my main course (I should add at this point that the food was again barely edible) I asked one of the crew if I could have a second glass of wine. Thirty minutes later I had still not received it and had to go to one of the galleys to ask again.
All in all the plane was OK as was the service from the ground staff. However, the flight crew were not remotely up to the job. I don’t I know whether they were short staffed, inadequately trained or just didn’t care but basically not good enough Virgin and nowhere near the level of service promised by your advertising.
If we ever fly to Florida again I would only use Virgin as a last resort.

Ryanair919's Response to Mashie47's Review

Written on: 18/01/2015

What do you expect in economy? Next time go upper class and you won't have these problems.