Luxurious, bulletproof & generally awsome..

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

ydDugan486's review of Mercedes Benz M Class ML 270 CDi

“Luxurious, bulletproof and generally awsome..”

Written on: 26/01/2018 by ydDugan486 (1 review written)

In my 30+ years of car ownership my 270cdi is right up there with the best I've ever owned. even at 15 years old. The massively torquey 2.7Litre 5cylinder diesel lump has been totally reliable, and when pushed launches the 2.2tons of proper body on frame 4x4 down the road with effortless ease and it sounds great too! ours has many of the extras available at the time including heated leather memory seats and the Family pack 7 seat option.
its now covered 130k (35 of those by me) and I;m planning on keeping it as long as it remains economical to repair/run, so far apart from servicing it has only required brakes and tyres which is to be expected on such a large truck, and don't be fooled by the sumptuous luxury and smooth ride and handling this is a truck,
suspension, steering and mechanicals generally are commercial size and quality, ours is 2003 and I'm told the quality of the later facelift models (especially interiors) like mine was a huge improvement on the earlier versions, there are certainly no quality issues with our example.
The technician who did the last MOT commented on how good the overall condition was, it passed with no advisorys, maybe we've just been lucky, whatever, I can only speak as I find, and what was intended as a stopgap vehicle for us has become a valued part of the family....
Oh and yes it is brilliant of road and in snow as well.

• 2003