Twin Tec S3 water softenerby HARVEY - Absolutely lousy

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

vinita59's review of TwinTec S3 Water Softeners

“Twin Tec S3 water softenerby HARVEY - Absolutely lousy”

Written on: 31/10/2018 by vinita59 (1 review written)

I bought this water softener from Thames Valley Water Softener. I was looking for a water softener and when searching in google came across two companies Harvey Water Softener and Kineteco. When I called Thames Valley water softener I was under the impression they are local agents for Harvey Water softener. When the person I dealt with visited me it was then that I realised this is Twin Tec S3 manufactured by Harvey . He said this is exactly the same as Harvey Softener manufactured by harvey and there is no difference what so ever. He offered me a 2 year Gurantee instead of one year which Harvey was offering. However after a couple of months of having this it started etching my glass shower screen, left lot of powdery residue on my utensils as well as the drain board. I called the person I dealt with and showed him how the softener was damaging the shower screen. It was even worst than the lime scale. He just tested the water and said the water is soft and I have no answer as to what the powdery residue is and why the marks on the shower screen. I requested him to change the machine but he just ket on repeating the same thing over and over again that the water is soft so he cant change the machine. I spent so much money but am worst than having hard water. What is the meaning of a guarantee if you refuse to deal with the problem. I even called Twin Tec Service centre but they also refused to listen and said I need to go back to the dealer from whom I have purchased the unit. The service from Thames Valley Water Softener is absolutely rubbish

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Gavinboakes's Response to vinita59's Review

Written on: 09/11/2018

We are sorry about the problems you encountered and the initial misunderstanding here. We have since been in contact with you to fully understand and investigate your concerns then, from this, decided on an appropriate course of actions. Thanks for your patience.

Your experience with us was unusual so, on November 1st, we removed the water softener to investigate the problem further. The TwinTec S3 is a high quality product that comes with a 10 year guarantee. Unfortunately your experience wasn’t as you or we expected, but we do take this guarantee and your long-term happiness with our product and service very seriously.

We are sorry this happened and have permanently replaced your water softener with a brand new TwinTec. We hope you are very happy with the new product.

Thanks. Gavin, Thames Valley Water Softeners.

Vinita59's Response to vinita59's Review

Written on: 11/11/2018

This is in continuation with the review given above. There was a misunderstanding and now someone from Thames Valley Water Softeners has sorted out my issues by replacing the old machine with a brand new machine .