Second one gone wrong

• Style

• Service & Support

Jollysingh's review of Scalemaster Softline 150 Non Electric Water Softener

“Second one gone wrong ”

Written on: 27/01/2018 by Jollysingh (1 review written)

I bought my first one and while I was away on holiday it started rising in water level and stopped working. When I called scalemaster and told them.that I had a three month old unit they told me the reason was probably installation error and no warranty claim was available. I bought my second unit, installed by a qualified plumber and this has broken down in 6 months. Dont buy this product.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Docmartinsattic's Response to Jollysingh's Review

Written on: 01/05/2018

Hi - Thank you for your comments. The issue you have had is indicative of the brine float assembly not being installed correctly which would indicate that the installer did not read the installation instructions fully before attempting to install.

While you say you had a qualified plumber install both softeners, was he a qualified installer of this product? Obviously, if this was the case it would not be a warranty issue. But we would only have been able to investigate fully if we had been allowed to look at the unit and the installation which we where not.

You can message me and I would be very happy to come and explain further.