Not To Be Trusted - Failed to fulfill Contract!

YCXUSA's review of VAN HIRE GENIE - www.vanhiregenie.co.uk

“Not To Be Trusted - Failed to fulfill Contract!”

Written on: 02/02/2020 by YCXUSA (1 review written)

Do NOT be lured in by their constant sales! Booked a 17-Seater minibus via an Early Bird Special for 2 weeks in October to take a group of American friends on a tour of the UK. I paid for a minibus for 2 weeks and only received use of one for 2 days, with NO refund for the unfulfilled contract! Van was delivered as promised, but had a faulty side door step and a warning that AdBlue would be required in 387 miles. Our driver questioned this and was told not to worry, we had plenty of miles to drive before we needed to add it. We drove about 127 miles and broke down on the side of a busy road on the FIRST day of use, when driving from London Heathrow to our first accommodation in the Midlands. Recovery Service was through a subcontractor and took nearly 3 hours for someone to arrive after dark! Imagine 10 women (aged mid-50’s to early 70’s) stuck on the side of the road with no facilities! Van Hire Genie had NO means to communicate with them after hours. Once I could reach someone the next morning, I was told they had to get their vehicle back from the recovery service to see why it broke down BEFORE they could do anything. They expected it around noon. Later I was told, they still did not have the vehicle and would get back to me the next day. This next day was also when our group needed to check out of our 1st accommodation and get to our next one in Wales. Van Hire Genie NEVER called, would not answer my calls and would not respond to any of my emails. While they have many more vans in over 100 locations in the greater London area, they basically REFUSED to provide a replacement vehicle! I paid for a vehicle for 14 days and had use of it for 26 hours! It appears that a faulty computer was to blame, yet they tried to blame that on me too! Because they no longer fulfilled the contract, I requested a refund. Months have past with no resolution and most of the time they refuse my calls or don’t respond to email. Their complaints department took no action either. I have duly notified them that their terms and conditions are a breach of the Consumer Rights Act, yet again they take no action to rectify the situation. This company can be relied upon to provide you a poorly maintained vehicle and poor to no customer service once you get. Look on TrustPilot for more reviews written throughout 2019, showing 6 of 7 rated 1-star, with people having similar experiences as mine. I have reported Van Hire Genie to Trading Standards. They should not be allowed to continue violating the rights of consumers and taking money for services they don't provide!