Awful Customer Service

Robinson275's review of Thomson Holidays www.thomson.co.uk

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 17/06/2017 by Robinson275 (1 review written)

Please please please do not trust these people with something as special as your wedding day. The staff are lovely when taking your money but will lie through their teeth and withhold important information only to be rude and unhelpful when problem arise. The phrase the customer is always right isn’t something that Thomson has heard of and the staff will do everything in their power to blame the customer in order not to part with any money. When we booked our wedding to Costa Rica we were sold a beautiful all-inclusive holiday with the promise of extras such as upgrades and extra cases to be added later on but when this time come we were told we could on upgrade if the whole party upgraded and we could only pay for an extra 5kg per case (we already get 20kg and you are only allowed 23kg per case). Not only this but the worst part is that when booking the holiday we openly spoke about our future plane as you do and that we would be trying for a baby straight away It wasn’t until 4 months later that my partners brother came back from Cuba and his girlfriend fell pregnant that the Zika Virus was even mentioned to us. I contacted the NHS straight away and was told that we would have to wait 6 months before even trying which was not only a blow to us but my fiancés sister who has been trying for a baby for a while. When I contacted Thomson and said surely we should have been informed about this they didn’t acknowledge the query and just said we could change the destination free of charge or get a doctor’s note and a full refund would be given not an apology for not bringing it to our attention or anything as courteous as that. After thinking this over we decided that we couldn’t do that to our guests and by this time we had our heart set on Costa Rica so decided to put our own planes on hold Unfortunately my partners sister is not in a situation to do that and decided to pull out of the holiday. I went into store on 3 separate occasions to clarify exactly what needed to be done and every time was told the same thing “ get a doctor’s note and a refund will be given” . After paying £35 for the letter my partner and I then went back and was told they would not give a refund for the deposit as it was not their fault. I’ve checked all my paperwork that I was given when we booked an there is NOTHING on there regarding the Zika virus. If we were told about this at the beginning we would have never booked and since then we have been sent on a wild goose chase to get this resolved with the result being passed from one rude unhelpful staff member to another. The whole thing has been one drama after another and the most stressful thing I’ve done we booked through Thomson because they are a big corporation and we thought it would be the most stress free option, turns out because of this reason they now think they can fob people off with no come back. I will not be dropping this anytime soon not will I be booking a Thomson holiday again!