Customer service representative need retraining!

June6's review of Destination 2 - www.destination2.co.uk

“Customer service representative need retraining!”

Written on: 11/12/2021 by June6 (1 review written)

Booking a holiday with this company was extremely easy. You get to chat to a customer service representative who is only to happy to help. Unfortunately when things go wrong the ‘happy to help’ member of staff becomes a thing of the past.
Due to Covid I decided to change my holiday date from 2020 to 2021 obviously at my expense and for a smallish fee of just over £100.
Roll on another year and I decided to do the same, this was mainly due to a concern of the Covid pandemic and my husband losing his job.
This time I was told by someone that it would be several thousands to change it as prices had really gone up. I questioned this as on their website the prices were basically the same. I was told I would have to book with the same supplier and unfortunately that was their price. As this new price was beyond my price range I agreed to book two different hotels for our stay. Although I would have preferred to stay at our original hotel I felt I had no option but to change to two hotels.
Now this doesn’t seem too bad but when I asked for a partial refund things went down hill. If I booked today I would only be expected to pay a small deposit and as I know this partial refund was done for someone else I thought it would be ok to ask. I was told that he would have to request this from the supplier and he said it could be around 75 %. I was asking for 95% as this was the amount that another person was able to get back for another customer. The first person then told me to phone back at the end of the month as no manager was in the office that day. I guess this was just to get me off the phone.
He ended the conversation with this statement.. Phone back at Christmas as this is when the sales are on. To say I was STRONG ARMED INTO BUYING A HOLIDAY THAT I DIDN’T WANT AND COULD’NT AFFORD!
Destination2 this is what your customer service representative said to me. Don’t you think he is totally out of order? If you don’t, then you should!
Under SAR I asked for a copy of this conversation, you guessed it I was told this conversation was not recorded.
The partial refund never happened either as I was told it was put against my new booking. I did question this but never received a reply.
So, would I recommend booking with this company the answer is absolutely not!

Destination2's Response to June6's Review

Written on: 13/12/2021

We are sorry to hear of your experience.. As our telephone message says, calls may be recorded, it does not confirm that all are since not all of our lines are attached to the recording system. We have escalated the matter of refund and service received from our consultant to the sales managers. Unfortunately the increasing costs from suppliers and hotels are however beyond their control and a direct result of supply and demand