I am horrified with Checkatrade.

Madilynne298's review of Checkatrade - www.checkatrade.com

“I am horrified with Checkatrade.”

Written on: 14/02/2019 by Madilynne298 (1 review written)

I am horrified with Checkatrade. They advertise themselves as a reputable company yet were implicit in leading me a rogue trader via a Construction company. I contacted X company on Checkatrade.com to request a quote and X company sent a man to my house who is not only a wanted criminal in Poland - for tax evasion and unpaid child support - but also ran off with a 3K deposit which I paid in advance for works. He owes me more than 2/3 of this deposit back for incomplete works plus consequential loss for poor workmanship. To top it off he stole building materials from my home (Crime reference CRI/41/MD0J/1112018). After reporting this to Checkatrade they said they could do nothing since I'd paid him the deposit (who was not registered on their website) as opposed to X company (who was on their website). I wished to leave a warning review of the X company to try to protect other people at risk of being a victim, but they Checkatrade would not allow this - I believe to protect their own bogus claim of being a reputable website to go to for builders - I sincerely urge people to think twice about using Checkatrade's services as they are not wholly immune from connecting you with rogue traders.