Stressful !!

Tinkerbella80's review of Legoland, Windsor

“Stressful !! ”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by Tinkerbella80 (1 review written)

We booked a two night stay at LEGOLAND with one day in the park. We did this so we could have a good nights sleep before a long day in the park. Not all beds were made up on arrival and we had to ask for things for one of our children, no bedding and no lego set in the safe for each child. We were in an out of our room on the day of arrival and at the various times of been in the room there was a constant sound / noise of what I can only describe is furniture being moved. It was the sound when you drag a chair or table without lifting it. This went on throughout the afternoon, then into the evening. By 2200 we were exhausted and wanted to relax. The noise was still going on. We went to reception to enquire about it and we were told by the person I dealt with that the noise is from the restaurant staff. They said there is nothing they can do but the noise will stop at 2300. We didn't understand the logic as the restaurants were on the same floor as us and not above. The children couldn't get to sleep and kept asking when the noise will stop. The answer was it didn't. Eventually at 0200 we fell asleep. We complained again in the morning and the rude receptionist had no sympathy at all and asked us to go and pack our things so she could move us rooms. we re packed everything up before entering the park. Having a baby I wanted to be able to use the hotel room during the day, but we were unable. We were given an upgraded room at 1800. The park was okay but very little rides for all ages. I spent most of the day waiting with a child who was either too big or too small to go on a ride. Most staff were friendly though. The cafes are very expensive and the photos taken on the rides were also expensive to buy. At the driving school one photo for the driving licence is £12.50 and when you have 3 children its too much. The log flume gets you soaking but if you pay £2 you can stand in a dryer.. it doesn't work! The lego shop and the lego shop in the resort sell the same products at different prices so be careful. One item was £10 in the park and £17 in the hotel. The children we very tired from lack of sleep and cried a lot on and off due to needing a rest. Back at the hotel we went to our new room and there was no cot, the phone in the room didn't work so we had to go to reception each time. A man came up and said there is a cot in your room, we stated there wasn't, he asked to come in and have a look. He came in and confirmed no cot. A while later a lady came with a cot but couldn't put it up. She then left to get another one. We then put the cot up ourselves. By this point it was nearly 2000 we hadn't had tea and were really fed up. We went out for tea as we hated the environment of the hotel. The holiday was tarnished. We had a better nights sleep and had been given a late check out. In the morning a note had been posted through the door stating we had normal time check out. Again another trip down to reception to be told it was a mistake and they give it to everyone. We were given vouchers to spend in the shop but when we went to the shop it was closed. We spoke to reception again and was told nothing they could do and we should check the shops opening times. The vouchers were only for the hotel and ran out in December??? we spoke to another member of staff and he re opened the shop. Everything was so stressful and I wish we hadn't gone. Its a lot of money and the reception staff are just so miserable and unfriendly. They didn't care at all. we were offered 20% of the first nights stay and this has still not been done. I have just phoned to find out what's happening with it and I have been told by a lady that the person needed to do it isn't there, she doesn't know when she will be working, doesn't know when they will refund me and they don't give out names of staff and I cant have an email or phone number for this person. I'm absolutely gutted with how we have been treated especially as it was for my sons birthday.

• Novemeber 2017

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 12