Utterly dire show

flowerpower1986's review of The 39 Steps

“Utterly dire show”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by flowerpower1986 (1 review written)

The 39 steps is without a doubt the least funny performance of anything that I have ever seen. I took my dad for fathers day and neither of us laughed at any point during the show. The people who wrote the script should be embarrassed. This show is clearly aimed at thick people; the kind of people who regularly wet themselves whilst watching their 'Miranda' and 'My family' boxsets. Watching people cry with laughter at visual 'gags' that included hiding behind a lamp-post was difficult to comprehend and made me kind of hate these people a little bit. The only redeeming feature of the night was the ice-cream on sale that was not only rather delicious but reasonably priced (for a theater) at £2.50 each. In conclusion; do not go to see this play unless you have a child's sense of humour, instead go to the 'book of mormon' or if you can't get tickets try 'spamalot' which I haven't seen but must be funny because its based on Monty Python and written by Eric Idle. In fact I might go see it tonight.