The Taste Has Changed!!

Bentonbr430's review of Nescafe Gold Blend

“The Taste Has Changed!!”

Written on: 08/01/2015 by Bentonbr430 (1 review written)

Nescafe Gold Blend has been my favourite coffee for the last few years. It is expensive but it was worth it to have such good coffee. However, I've just bought a new jar and thought there must be something wrong with my taste buds as the taste has completely changed! It no longer has that lovely, smooth flavour but now tastes like the cheapest supermarket own brand which I have always disliked!
That's why I did a search and I see that others have noticed too.
I assume some hotshot executive has joined the company and has suggested a way they can increase profits by using low grade coffee.
I'm afraid I shall be looking for an alternative coffee now. Any suggestions?

Pevs86's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2015

Thank you for confirming I haven't gone mad. It tastes completely different and I agree with you entirely. I will be looking for a new coffee and if I find anything I will be sure to sing its praises here!

Ex-Drinker's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2015

Nescafe Gold Blend was THE coffee of our family in the 1980s. Until everyone started to notice the abrupt change in its taste. On closer scrutiny we noticed Nescafe did not label '100% Arabica Beans' anymore on its bottle as it used to do. We concluded that Gold Blend was no more the one it used to be - '100% Arabica Beans'. More than a decade has passed since we stopped using Nescafe Gold Blend.