Not 100% Arabica Anymore

Elizabeth Stone's review of Carte Noire Instant Coffee

“Not 100% Arabica Anymore”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by Elizabeth Stone (17 reviews written)

We have been drinking the 100% Arabica Carte Noire Instant Coffee for a few years now, but it is not 100% Arabica anymore. The company dealing with this product in the UK has also changed but using the same address. They charge the same price but it is definitely not the same coffee.

Before, we could smell the coffee every time we opened the jar and it was a good coffee smell just like freshly ground beans, but not anymore. What have they done to it? And why?

The taste was exquisite and we were always very pleased to have this coffee after our meals and any time during the day. All that has gone.
I would like to buy 100% Arabica instant coffee again so if there is one out there then I hope to find it. Soon. We will not be buying Carte Noire until they return it to its previous quality and excellence.

We will be looking out for their advertisements to see if they claim it to be 100% Arabica, then we will try it once more. To the manufacturers of this product we say get it right, 100% please.

Najoola's Response to Elizabeth Stone's Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

I just phoned Mondelez UK to ask them whether arabica rich meant that it was 100% pure arabica and not a blend. I was told that only the packaging had changed not the contents, which were the same as before. When pressed they said that it was pure arabica. I had a feeling that there was some uncertainty.

I think that arabica rich probably means the same as cotton rich when you buy socks. If a product is 100% pure, would you not want to put that on your labelling. Conversely, why remove the statement if it remains true.

Good old Kraft / Mondelez messing up a good product as usual is my feeling.

Elizabeth Stone's reply to Najoola's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2014

I totally agree. Thank you for your comment on my original review.