Not Halal! Poor service & overpriced.

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

thekhan2's review of Thali Thali, Woking

“Not Halal! Poor service and overpriced.”

Written on: 01/02/2012 by thekhan2 (1 review written)

I recall going past Thali restaurant a few months before my visit and then was approached by one of the waiters outside. He was trying get people into the restaurant. I asked if the food was Halal (blessed meat for muslims) and he claimed it was.

And so, I went with work colleagues to eat Indian food at Thali. The waiters seemed they were bored. I asked to double check if it was Halal, and they claimed it was. Well, I asked him to provide certificates and could not. I stuck with vegetarian dishes whilst my friends ate a wide variety of dishes.

We finished and felt short changed for sure. The quality of service was not great. The food seemed well overpriced. You could go to many other indian restaurants in Woking and the food tastes great.

After we left, we saw one of the chefs behind Thali restaurant and asked him if it was Halal? Chef said no!

I felt so cheesed off with the waiter. The waiter is a liar!

• Indian

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual