Terrible company. Avoid!!!!!

• Speed of transfer

Olive87's review of ADVFN www.advfn.com

“Terrible company. Avoid!!!!!”

Written on: 17/12/2018 by Olive87 (1 review written)

I just wish I had read the earlier comments before subscribing to the silver account from this truely aweful company.
The biggest surprise is they have been operating this way for years and getting away with it.

This warning is not about the quality of their products which as far as I am aware are OK but the way their payments system works and the ruthless way they enforce their terms and conditions.
Last year I decided to take up a special offer and bought the silver account which gave me access to real time share prices and various other stuff. I used it for 6 or 7 months before deciding that share dealing was not for me so I sold most of my remaining shares and more or less forgot about ADVFN expecting my access to their services to stop in this year.
That was a major mistake!
While checking my bank account I noticed a payment to ADVFN for over £220. I thought there must have been a mistake so I contacted them by private messaging. After a day or two I go no reply so phoned them to be told by a very aggressive agent that to stop auto renewal of my account I should have contacted them not less than 30 days before the renewal date. He said this was all clearly stated in their terms and conditions and there was nothing I could do about it. They have no policy for refunding payments once made regardless of the circumstances.
I've written to them several times since and only received one equally aggressive reply stating the same as the agent said on the phone. Now they are ignoring my messages.
I even spoke to my bank about it but apparently this is all totally legal so I had to ask my bank to block any further payments.

If you decide to ignore this warning and purchase one of their services you have been warned, don't be surprised if you see money continue to be taken without your permission.

• Speed of transfer