Absolute piece of junk, will never buy ford again

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Veryteedoff's review of Ford Street Ka 1.6i

“Absolute piece of junk, will never buy ford again”

Written on: 13/07/2013 by Veryteedoff (1 review written)

I've had my Ford Street KA for 6 years and for the first 3 I loved it! So many features and it looked great, it was at that time the best ford i'd ever had (previously owned two fiestas and a puma). But over the past few years it has been one issue after another. Many of the things other people have highlighted on this site have all gone wrong on mine too, despite regular services, and it's costing me an absolute fortune.
The door handles have broken twice on each side, both have been replaced twice. However it still has ongoing issue, every so often going into lock and unlock mode, lights flashing, doors locking and unlocking. I've had all the bushes and arms replaced, front and back and it still clonks over bumps. It's had to have a new clutch as it suddenly wouldn't excellerate or do anything whilst stuck out in the fast lane of a motorway - a very scary journey home! It's also had a new exhaust sensor, an abs sensor, and several sets of tyres.
It now has engine issues, revving far to high that it sounds like youre in third when your in fifth and like the engine will explode any minute, it blasts hot air out whenever you get stuck in traffic for a couple of minutes, it has an intermittent problem with four way flashers going off as you drive along which can only be solved by stopping, removing the key, locking it and then unlocking it! Embarrassing and infuriating!
I would love to get rid of it, but at this moment in time I'd probably only get scrap value for it. In a bid to at least try to resolve the current engine problems so that I can try to sell it, I've taken it to three independent garages, none of whom have had any interest in trying to tackle it, instead finding other more minor things to do. In the end I bit the bullet, braced myself for a big bill and took it to a ford garage hoping they'd sort it, as the so called experts. They had no interest in sorting it either! On arrival and initial inspection they said it was noisy and agreed it seemed to be revving high, but later in the day said a road tester found it to be fine!! They didn't run the diagnostic test they said they'd do, just a quick spin up the road! They claimed the car was old and as a convertible, would be noisy! If they really think 65k miles is a good life for a car it says alot about what they think of their manufacturing! I fear to many long trips and the engine will probably go, it's revving at 4,000 revs doing 70. I can only guess Ford is all to aware it's one of the worst cars they have ever made and hence have no interest in trying to fix them!
I loved ford cars, have been looking at what I might buy next, but after this piece of rubbish and the disgusting response I had from the ford garage I will never buy a ford again.

• 6 years

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jamesfalder's Response to Veryteedoff's Review

Written on: 24/05/2014

same with my wifes car, it was great when first bought, she loved it..... but then all the problems started, 4 door handles on drivers side, 3 on passenger , 2 lambda sensors numerous suspension bushes, wishbone arm, 2 thermostat housings, plugs ,,2 sets of plug leads , 2 coil packs, electric swith for roof not working anymore, headlight bulbs, which are impossible to fit without dismantling whole of the front of car. I just laugh about it now......