Compact but powerful little floorstanders.

From 1 review

wolfburgman's review of Mission 734

“Compact but powerful little floorstanders.”

Written on: 24/12/2017 by wolfburgman (4 reviews written)

The first time I heard these speakers was about ten years ago when my son in law had a pair. I remember being impressed with the power these could kick out without distortion. Now as I write my son has come across another pair picked up yesterday for the princely sum of thirty pounds, a bargain indeed. This particular pair have been well cared for virtually unscathed despite their age. Now I've been able to scrutinize them again and I have to say they are well constructed with a small port in the rear and a sizeable one at the front. This means if space is at a premium then you can place these quite close to a wall or though personally I like to have mine away from any walls. Although these are relatively small don't be fooled by their diminutive proportions. They punch well above their weight with strong well defined base and reasonable treble though not nearly as well defined as my tdl studio tens. These speakers are soon to be given to my son in law because he loves them. He likes a lot of base and so I agree these are well suited to his requirements. I think it's a good thing that we all don't like the same thing which is why I try to be constructive with my reviews. Would I rate these as good?, Yes definitely but I'm not parting with my tdls........well not yet anyway.