Rude

Libby15's review of Carrington Riding Centre Cheshire

“Rude ”

Written on: 18/10/2019 by Libby15 (1 review written)

My two 3-year-old had lessons on the 25th August at Carrington Riding Centre, which was an absolutely disaster. We were told to move twice to eventually arrive at our riding court. My husband and I are each with one boy. I witnessed how the young lady instructor shouted at my husband in front of everyone to ask him not to follow. While the fact is the instructor has not given any instructions to him and we made the manager aware of this. Even worse, once the instructor has finished taking my older boy (with daddy) for a ride, she walked to the next family and made comments about my husband and my older boy, meanwhile gave that hopeless look with shaking her head. I was the one next to them and this made me upset.

When it came to my round, first thing the instructor said was "keep on that track! Go to the track!" I can't believe I got shouted as well, especially during the course no one has informed me about the track and where to keep. I was so upset and brought up her attitude towards my husband and older boy, she then said "would you rather have him fall off the pony?" I can't believe my ear and asked her how could she say that as a mom I want my boy to fall off a pony. I asked her would anyone say something like this to a parent?

The rest of the course went OK. Then at the end after returning helmets, I made a request to talk to the manager. Just as I started saying my bad experience at the school, she said immediately "I was told you were rude to her". As a manager she can't care less about the quality of the course they provide to parent/kid. She made the comment many times that they've given 800 classes and never got a single complaint and this instructor never had any issue before (now reading some other reviews that's apparently not true). I told her this is not the right attitude a business owner should have when facing customer complaint.

I insisted to leave both mine and my husband's contact details and ask the manager to investigate and come back to us. I have not heard back from her in a month, so I phoned back on 29th September to follow up. Another woman took message for the manager, who eventually called me back on the 30th. She said she lost our contact info and basically saying the instructor was having a bad day, and she was rude to me only because I was rude first. I can't accept this and thus this review.

We will definitely not return to Carrington. It's a shame as it's close to us and my boys like riding. It broke my heart that both boys had to witness their parents been shouted during class.

Aarcole12's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2019

Hello, as explained on all the other reviews that you have written,unfortunately the story that you tell isn't the same story that our instructor and other parents reported to me.
I wasn't in the arena at the time of the incident and have tried to explain to you several times that I can only act on the version of events that I have received by all parties.
Our instructor was only trying to keep your children safe when you and your husband decided to take photos of your children on the ponies whilst you were supposed to be leading. This could have been very dangerous and the instructor was having a lot of difficulty getting you to listen to her instructions.
As you refused to listen and proceeded to attack the instructor verbally, she got very upset and retaliated. The other parents who were leading and watching the lesson confirmed your behaviour and one in particular actually came to get me to diffuse the situation whilst I was serving in our cafe as she felt very sorry for the instructor.
I have tried my best to explain this to you on several occasions, however you have refused to listen to anybody else's version of events and insist that you are right.
I have also explained to you that although we feel our instructor acted in the best interests of your children, we still have provided some further training for her on how to deal with situations such as these if they arise again. I'm really not sure what else I can do?
You do have lovely children and really hope you can find an alternative riding school where they can continue their love of riding.
Wishing you all the very best for the future :)