Talk Talk Broadband www.talktalk.co.uk

Talk Talk Broadband www.talktalk.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Talk Talk Broadband www.talktalk.co.uk

“worst service ”

written by Puthenpurackan on 28/04/2024

There was a connection issue with my home network, They advised that will send the engineer and the company will pay the service charge as its their responsibility to provide the continuity of service. But they charged me an amount of 75 pounds for the engineering charge. Besides i have been given an offer to upgrade the Fibre 65 with 27 pounds a month to my new home. But after purchasing this they send me an email saying 33 pounds a month and 18 months contract. But when i purchase it was 12 months contract. I beleive its the worst service i experienced. Moreover its hard to get connected to a member of staff in phone call. They prefer messages or chats which i consider pointless and worthless time consuming.

“The worst from every angle you look at”

written by islamelsisy on 07/02/2024

Unfortunately there's no option for zero Star, the Internet speed is terrible and has been so for several months, tons of calls to customer service, mostly overseas agents with a very weird attitude!! And no real solution, a temporary fix for a couple of days then it's allover again. Will definitely move to another provider once my contract is over and have been in full consciousness advising everyone I know to stear away from this provider. UPDATE1: In reply to their response below, I spoke to customer service, we have tried all the stupid tips they suggested as I did before, nothing worked, then they sent a technician, as they did before, and lucky me, I had a stable net for a couple of hours, now I am back on my mobile hotspot again, thank God I have a decent internet provider on my mobile phone. They just buy time so they keep collecting bills to the end of my contract, which is luckily coming soon! UPDATE2: Fourth time an engineer coming to my house to fix the Internet in few weeks, this is a joke not an internet provider, the worst experience I have ever had!! Following 4th complain due to absent internet (not a slow net, absolutely no net)!! I have been on the phone for 57 min before I gave up and hang up...from one agent to the next, all essentially useless, esp the one who suggested that it's a good opportunity to extend my contract cause they have a good offer! Can you imagine how stupid is that suggestion when you call to make another complain, FOR THE FORTH TIME IN FEW WKS!!! Last update: After being so fed up of their endless nonsense, I wanted to cancel my contract!! They said I must pay a contract breakage fees!! They admittedly say we are sorry for offering you terrible service, sent 4 engineers with no benefit whatsoever, but if I want to break a useless contract I must pay breakage fees, if this is not simply taking money out of your pocket then what is this called?

Eddiemarsden's Response to islamelsisy's Review

Written on: 23/03/2024

You had an engineer? Things are looking up (I jest of course).

“Fantastic broadband and service”

written by Jonesta181 on 29/01/2024

I previously used Virgin internet and had a lot of problems with connectivity, customer service and being charged incorrect amounts. I decided to switch to TalkTalk because they had a Black Friday deal around 2 years ago. The switch was really easy and in 2 years our internet hasn't dropped once. Customer service was great when we set up and now we are moving they have been efficient and easy to move with.

“Joke company don't know their R's from their L'bows!”

written by AliviaLyon276 on 22/11/2023

What an absolutely useless bunch of clowns! Don't waste your time! I arranged a switch to full fibre on the 25th of September. Arranged for the 21st of November, coming near the end of my current contract with another ISP. You would think 2 months should give them plenty of time to get things sorted out! No such luck! Got a message on my account late October to tell me my order has been rejected. Had to call up customer service. I use the term "customer service" very loosely! With the simple query of "Why is my order rejected".  For awhile I genuinely thought I'd accidentally called a nail bar in Vietnam. Eventually someone un-rejected my order. Then everything seemed okay again. A few days before the installation date, openreach done all the external work bringing the cable to the door. The day the router was supposed to come, nothing. Oh dear, not looking good. The day of the installation came, no engineer. At this point I've basically decided I'm out anyway. But I contacted online chat to see what was going on. Sorry for the inconvenience they said. The earliest date I have for an installation is THE 25th OF  JANUARY!!! THE 25TH OF JANUARY I SAID!? I arranged the 21st of November on the 25th of September! I've already canceled my current ISP! They've already dug up the road and laid the cable! And now you're telling me you can't connect me for ANOTHER 2 MONTHS!!!??? I just canceled my direct debit and told them to cancel everything, I'm out! Bye Bye!

“The New Improved Email page from TalkTalk. Hah!”

written by eddiemarsden on 16/10/2023

The ironically named TalkTalk has recently improved its email service and this review is aimed entirely at that. You may be aware of course that anything which is prefixed with the word 'improved' generally means that it has taken a turn for the worse and this is no exception. Now TalkTalk has its faults, but the email page has always been comparitively easy to use. I say this because I recently tried to set up email accounts with two other providers and they were over complicated and ill thought out. So the geniuses at TalkTalk have decided that they will style their new email page on Outlook. Obviously the well known phrase 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' does not apply to them, or perhaps they are so dense that they simply don't realize that changing something for the sake of it - something that people are used to - is just downright stupid. Half of the stuff that was easily accessible is now hidden so you have to hunt around for it. Instead of 'Compose' we now have 'New Email' and everyone I have asked about this agrees that this surely means that you have received a new message. It doesn't. It takes you to a new window which takes ages to load. Again, functions like 'Forward' and 'Edit' are hidden. And all my contacts have disappeared. The people who design this stuff have no concept of logic. Their idea of communication is to confuse. What is wrong with them? I have attempted to register on the TalkTalk community thing but the email address which I have supplied is apparently being used by another account. Yes, it is. It's mine. Now, if I could contact TalkTalk in order to point this out, they doubtless would tell me that I can create another email address on their web site. In theory I can but I tried this recently and it simply would not allow me to do this, despite following instructions which were given to me on the chat thing. None of this stuff can actually be that difficult. Can it?

“Worst custommer service ”

written by Phevos on 01/10/2023

An abysmal constructed site that does not work. The live chat takes ages to load and asks you to log in while logged in already. The Help & Support requires a different login and provides generic articles. The dates they give you are not accurate. They are very good at blackmailing you to stay with them although their customer service is a nightmare. The agents are polite, but politeness cannot cover for awful systems.

“Not a legit a company ”

written by Hayes492 on 19/09/2023

Flow the last review talk talk are bad, they hide I've cancelled with them on the 31 of August, they Were keep calling me for renew the contract and I've said no, in the end the send a bill for £37.79 as a cancellation end of contract of denying I've sent via email, they were pushing me to the dead line just to get paid an extra month, and my contract was £22 a month, I'm really being bolid by talk talk, and all advice any one seen this review, think twice before you go with them. The customer service was even shouting on the phone to pledge his policy over me, even I've said thi is the first time I'm hearing this, and he said if you me to continue you need to say and we proceed, waisted my time for 2 hours in my shift get me in trouble with my bosses, and I've paid the £37.97, as unfortunately talk talk won't recognise I've called. And I've called and paid over the phone,with lady name(buhli) she refused to send confirmation as I've paid 19/09/23 and I have ask her to confirm with to send me confirmation email as I've paid and end of contract which finished 14/09/23, but pushing me till 14/10/23. Please don't go with them you end up a victim as I'm, an to of that' I never misse a payment. They don't consider it. Customers only numbers

“Quick and easy ”

written by Sonnyboy2019 on 17/09/2023

Internet seemed to go down a lot, but came back very quickly, maybe my area at the time. Over all quite happy and hopefully now I have moved house reception will be better

“Poor service and constant additional costs”

written by AJ_1 on 18/08/2023

Initial set up took about a weeks worth of constant online chats and phone calls taking probably around 12 hours in total of my time. We had no service following delivery and plug in of the router, following multiple line checks (they MUST run a line check every time you call apparently) which showed the fault was a various places within our property, they finally relented and sent an engineer who took about 2 minutes to determine the switch at the network exchange was not connected - something the phone and online support team assured us was absolutely done and the problem was with us. Reliability - acceptable The internet service since then has generally been acceptable, there are drop outs regularly for a couple of minutes every day but the cost of terminating the contract and presumably another 12 hours on the phone with them just doesn't seem worth the effort. speed - good I would say the speed is good - no issues there. Stuck with them until the end of contract at which point I'll be going elsewhere.

“Moving home”

written by McNeill1991 on 25/06/2023

I found it very difficult and tried on many occasions to complete this online.. on the final page the buffer just kept spinning round. Very frustrating.

“Super User Friendly”

written by WesM on 12/06/2023

I've been with talktalk for a few years already but now moving home. They found me a new plan at my new address and the whole process took only a couple of minutes online. Could not be easier! With all the other stresses of moving home, I was delighted this was so simple, fast and straight forward.

“MOVING HOME”

written by Airforce811 on 04/05/2023

I am moving home soon, went on line to Talk Talk to inform them of my move. What a very simple procedure, took me through step by step and it was very easy to follow. Many thanks, much appreciated, one less thing to be concerned about.

“Very slow website ”

written by 251Grant on 06/04/2023

I have been trying to set up a move home service all morning. I found the website extremely slow. After 3 attempts, I gave up and upgraded. Just to see if it would work. I did in the end, but have had to take and even later set up date. Not the best, from a usually flawless service

“Changing adress”

written by Damien6669 on 24/11/2022

Apart from the fact I COULD NOT TAKE OFF THE TV PAKAGE THEY FORCE ON YOU FOR AN EXTRA £5, I was generally happy. Also a quick note, there's something about firefox that means the order doesn't go through so if you have problems try a different web browser

“MOVING HOME”

written by on 02/11/2022

Easy to navigate online to move home, however nowhere in all the information did it inform me that i have now signed up for a new 24 month contract! My orginal contract had 8 months left, now i've received e-mail confirmation it states i've started a new contract. No reason why, nothing has changed except theyre charging me more a month for staying with them when i move. Nothing like loyaity or considering the cost of living crisis. Thanks talktalk, i wont be renewing after contract ends thats for sure.

“Horrendous Customer Service”

written by Geebwoy on 09/09/2022

Another horrendous customer service experience. Despite no change by our company our website is inaccessible and now on the third day where no-one has even bothered to call or email me about it, despite going through the drawn out procedure of contacting their Domain Admin team (by email only). You cannot get technical advise to Domain Admin, you just have to send an email and hope they contact you, which they haven't done for 4 days. Very Very poor customer service

“Appalling Customer Service ”

written by H1234M on 21/07/2022

DO NOT JOIN TALK TALK!!!!! I have never been so disgusted with a company I’ve their customer service. You can never get a straight answer out of these people! They constantly spout lies, leave you on hold for hours or just point blank hang up on you. No one is there to help when you need it and god forbid your internet goes down because you’re always to blame and then you have to wait at home for days whilst they say they are coming to fix it but never actually show up causing you to waste days holidays from work just to deal with their issue! If you are thinking about joining them please please don’t! Safe yourself all the issues and agg and time and just find a new provider anyone else is better than these people. You will have poor internet from the offset and they just don’t give a monkeys. Please just stay away! They will never be there to help you with your internet issues that occur in your area, you will be given the lowest speed they can legally give you for no reason only other than to make more money themselves. I wish someone had written an honest review at the time I joined, could have saved myself a lot of time and money!

“Range of dates was very limited”

written by andrevanes on 04/07/2022

I had the bad luck of moving on July 22nd. Preferably I wanted to close on July 21nd and have connection in the new house on the 22nd. However the first available date prior to 22nd was July 15th!! So maybe I can end at 22nd and start at 23rd. Again no, impossible. First available date was July 26th. So this is what I have done now end at 26th begin at 27th (almost 1 week after my move). Asking for help on the chat did not work, phoning in gave me 20 callers ahead of me. I gave up and will try to adjust by phone later.

“Moving house”

written by Calosboorne on 28/06/2022

I must admit I was dreading trying to sort out moving services over to new house but Talk Talk have made it so easy - it was literally done within 5 minutes. Another job ticked off my list.

“Moving House”

written by KevinM67 on 03/06/2022

It states on their website that they can transfer your broadband to your new home in 2 working days. It's taking 11 days - no good if you are working from home and rely on the internet. Maybe they just don't have the engineers in Scotland. Considering just cancelling with Talk Talk, paying the exit fees and going with another company.

Asked by 3rdchild on 18th August 2019 Report this content
How can I get rid of banking protective active hanging down green thing? It's really getting on my nerves.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by cj126 on 17th November 2015 Report this content
Following the cyber attacks has any-one managed to leave their contract with-out penalties? I am fighting but getting nowhere.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content jchatboard Written on: 27/11/2015
I would have thought that when the subscription is complete you can leave the provider without problems? REMEMBER CANCEL YOUR SUB IN WRITING RECORDED MAIL