Grolsch Reviews

Grolsch
Grolsch

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“This is one of the most distinct lagers I ever had....”

Written on: 28/02/2011 by binio (53 reviews written)

This is one of the most distinct lagers I ever had. everything seams to be well balanced here, old-fashioned green bottle, ceramic cap, taste. This is very hopy lager and you notice that as soon as you open the bottle. Good smooth taste with no bitternes, refreshing and easy to drink. It is one of those beers which tastes good from its bottle. Can be enjoyed by men or woman equally… Read Full Review

Thepricktator's Response to binio's Review

Written on: 11/10/2012

I think it is one of the more bitter kinds of lager in Holland, where beer is already quite bitter in general. Also it lacks a bit taste in my opinion and reminds me of Carlsberg. The taste is a bit generic like two other popular beers from the Netherlands: Bavaria and Heineken. But then again, this generic taste makes it suitable for most people. I'd recommend you to try other Dutch beers for a more rich flavor . Even Amstel, which is not my favorite, is more daring than the ones I mentioned. But maybe the perceptions are different when you're used to different varieties. Cheers!

Read 1 Comment