Mr Clutch Autocentres Reviews - www.mrclutch.com

Mr Clutch Autocentres - www.mrclutch.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mr Clutch Autocentres - www.mrclutch.com

Mr Clutch Autocentres - www.mrclutch.com

“They made my car worse and will do anything not to refund ”

Written on: 14/03/2022 by GIz56 (1 review written)

Mr Clutch simply made my car worse and wouldn’t refund me after I gave them 4 chances to fix it. I have an AUDI S5 2008. they are famous for tricky clutch changes so i decided to get Mr clutch to do it. thinking it would be a specialist clutch service. BOY, was I wrong the quote was over £2000. I took it to Mr Clutch Swindon for a booked appointment. they are around 25miles from my house so arranged lifts etc. I got there and they had failed to write it in the book. had to rebook it but they did say they would hold the car for me. (Chance 1) 2 weeks later I went to collect the car and paid the bill. went to get it and the starter clutch was really stiff. I could hardly get the clutch pedal to the floor. I went back into the reception and told them, and they said it would just feel different they were not interested at all in looking at it or anything else. (Chance 2) I kind of took them at their word and headed off. under 200 miles later while on my way on holiday the pedal depressed and wouldn’t come back up. After about 4 hours I got recovered to Mr Clutch Croydon they said they would look at it that day so felt ok about it. the master cylinder had gone (surprise) and they couldn't get the part till the next day, downer on my holiday but booked in the travel lodge for a night thinking it would all be ok next day, and I’d be off on my holiday. next day came and it was the afternoon Mr clutch called me said we have fitted the master cylinder, but it does not work because we ordered the wrong one. hmmm then why did you fit it. long story short A5 and S5 use the same master cylinder but the A5 does not have a starter clutch. (Chance 3) they have ordered the part for the next day. looked at my options and it was cheaper to stay in Croydon for another night rather then head the distance home. 3pm the next day I was sat nr Croydon station frustrated and tired waiting for the phone call... chased them at 4pm and they said they were road testing it so headed over. paid another £500 ish and decided I was still going to head on my holiday. Got to the M25 and the car started to judder in gears. It was like driving one of those bronco machines. (Chance 4) I had to cancel the holiday and I got the car recovered to home. Lost nearly £1000 from the holiday. I decided after all that the car COULD NOT go back to Mr Clutch anywhere as I have lost trust and they have not fixed my car with Skill and care (those are the legal words) I got nowhere with the internal process so took it to the ombudsman service. It turns out that there subscribed service can only listen and refer and have no power to persuade either party, so Mr clutch have still not offered any reconciliation. This has been going on since last August 2021 and I’m simply losing the will to keep fighting it. I have stayed away from reviews as I believe a business should have a chance to just do the right thing. I now need to go down the legal route. There is a lot more detail if anyone wants it, they are welcome. Mr Clutch have my invoice number and detail so just don’t believe their reply’s they live off disinformation like Russia

“AVOID AVOID AVOID! ”

Written on: 02/03/2022 by Moisesx430 (1 review written)

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Got a very competitive quote from thtre Chelmsford branch for some work on the clutch. Half way through the day they called to say I would need to pay £300 more than originally quoted. When I questioned this he said (extremely rudely) that it was extra that needed doing and claimed that they didn't feel the need to mention it when I dropped the car off as it was obvious and I should've known and was made to feel like an idiot. This made it much more expensive that other places so I said to leave it and I'll go elsewhere, to which they told me that they'd already taken the car apart so I'd still have to pay £250 for them to put it back together! At the end of the day I called to check the car was done before I went to collect (was originally told it was a 1-day job) to be told it wouldn't be ready until the end of the day tomorrow, leaving me without a car with 3 small children! Collected the next day and I struggled to even drive the car as the clutch was so tight. The car was also making other strange noises. Customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. They were extremely rude and argumentative. Contacted head office to complain and this wasn't simple either. Kept saying they'd look into it but systems were down and couldn't access cctv or phone records (there was always an excuse). After weeks and weeks of chasing and more rude staff the issue was still not resolved fully.

“DO NOT USE ”

Written on: 24/01/2022 by Mlavey (1 review written)

Took my car to MR CLUTCH in Basingstoke and had a new clutch and gear box installed for £1900 Once i collected my car i had an awful grinding sound coming from the engine, i returned and my car had to sit in the garage for another half a day for the problem to get rectified. When i collected my car after having a drive i noticed problems listed below: No reverse lights No parking cameras No Cruise control No speed limiter No hill start/auto hold Handbrake faulty System failed appearing on DASH. I have now had to take my car to Nissan and am awaiting a full report. When i was in the garage complaining about these issues the technicians told me that there diagnostics machines were rubbish and that the tools supplied were rubbish so most of them brought in there own. I now have to pay nissan to sort out my car whilst MR CLUTCH carry's out an investigation but have already been told that i was lying about what the technicians have said, I have witnesses to prove that isnt the case, Awful experience i hope they resolve the matter ASAP and send over there investigation to me.

“Nissan Juke - Shocking Service”

Written on: 21/01/2022 by Subkiller (1 review written)

Car had a fault on a dual carriageway and went into "limp" mode. RAC identified a problem with Injector number 4. Took the car to Mr Clutch who quoted £595 to replace and reprogamme the injector. After a week they called and said they were calling an auto electrician as they could not obtain the correct communication between the injector and the ECU. To cut a long story short, they had the car for close to 7 weeks. Although they replaced an injector, the fault still remained. Took the vehicle to another repair shop and they analysed the problem after an hour and had the vehicle ready for collection the same day. The "new" repair shop informed me that Mr Clutch had replaced the WRONG injector as some Juke engines have cylinder 4 closest to the fan/belts etc. (I had made Mr Clutch aware of this fact). Unfortunately, I had to buy another injector (the correct one this time) and clear the other faults which were associated with the Glow plugs. Due to the appalling service provided by Mr Clutch, I was without a vehicle for more than 6 weeks, the fault was not cured and I purchased an additional injector. My advice is to stay well clear. I was one of their original customers more than 15 years ago and very happy but now they have different mechanics who don't appear to know the meaning of customer service.

“Exemplary customer care and mechanical service”

Written on: 21/11/2021 by 40Dodd (1 review written)

Once again Mr Clutch Maidstone exceeded expectations with both customer care and mechanical service. I would never go anywhere else as they have always provided honest MOT service and saved the day when unexpected problems have occurred.

“They damaged the car stopped replying”

Written on: 17/09/2021 by zagor (1 review written)

I left the car in the Leyton garage for a mot and service. The car was left 2 days in the garage; when I collected it, I noticed some smoke coming out from the bonnet, so I had to take it back again after a couple days. When I took the car back the second time, it remained there for just a few hours, but unfortunately, when I parked the car at home, in my driveway, after the second visit, I noticed a vertical scratch and some dirt of used (black-ish) motor oil on the passenger door. I immediately called the garage, and they suggested me to contact the HQ. I called the HQ to check the cctv and after multiple calls and emails, they replied saying that they did check the cctv and saw nothing, but they had only checked the second visit and not for the 2 days the car had been left in the garage for the mot and service. I kept sending emails and called them multiple times, and they said that they were going to check the cctv of the first visit too, but they never really called back, so I stopped calling them and I was left with my damaged car. I do not mind about my car, as it is a little old, but a review for the crappy garage is the least I could do. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

“Stay far far away”

Written on: 15/09/2021 by Johnston138 (1 review written)

I used this Centre for an emergency clutch replacement of my 5 year old Audi and I wish I had never gone there. The very next time I took the car out after the repair there was a coolant leak and I had to replace the coolant liquid every 20 mins while driving back home. The only reason I went to the centre was because it was cheaper quote and was Mr Clutch but I later found that Mr clutch garages are independent garages that only uses the name of Mr Clutch unlike Halfords and so beware that they don't really guarantee quality, which makes me very nervous about getting more work done there. I will be taking my car to Halfords and if they find the cause of the leak was error in putting parts back while replacing the clutch I will take legal action against Mr Clutch. Update:- I was told by the Leyton garage after inspection that the fault is not related to the clutch replacement and explained the clutch and pump is on either side of the vehicle and pressured me into paying for it. I told them I am taking the car and having it inspected by Halfords. Right after I took the car back, I got an email from customer support saying that the pump is on the rear of the engine and they could have damaged it by dropping the engine and so they would like to take a look at it to fix it. I told them I already took my car back home and I would never be comfortable taking the car back to Leyton as I do not trust them at all. I was assured that it will be a different person from head office looking at it and they will come to my place where the car is to pick it up and so I cancelled the Halfords appointment. Today morning they called me again asking me to take the car back to Leyton which I refused. I would rather take it to Halfords and make sure I take legal advice for the situation. They are nothing but deceptive people, please don’t go there. They also asked me to remove this review. Please don’t make the mistake I made and don’t go because the quote is cheaper, you will waste more money and time later.

“Sabotage.”

Written on: 08/08/2021 by Milesy07 (1 review written)

I drove my vehicle to be inspected to Mr Clutch Luton as I had been having difficulty getting into 1st and 2nd gears for a couple of days. They said they would check the gearbox clutch and hydraulics and call me back with any findings. I stated I wanted to spend as little money as possible if something was wrong. I was working away so said they could have it for a couple of days no rush. They called me 2 days later saying I needed a new clutch and dual mass all in cost of £950. And that the vehicle was now undrivable.........? My father was a mechanic so i have decent knowledge of cars. I told then that was too much money and why is the vehicle now undrivable ? They said the clutch failed right as they were putting it in the garage for inspection. Unbelievable timing. I went to collect it the following day stating they have messed with the vehicle which they denied saying this time the slave had gone leaving me with no clutch at all. No mention of the slave before. I had to drive the vehicle with no clutch which is possible of the premises. They deliberately sabotaged my vehicle thinking I would have no choice but to have it repaired by them for £950 I will be making as many complaints and review as possible and contacting trading standards. STAY AWAY FROM MR CLUTCH CENTRES

“Don't use.”

Written on: 17/03/2021 by 363Wentworth (1 review written)

Don't use. Following a routine service, staff agreed to run a FREE engine diagnostic if a certain fault persisted. Post service, the fault light remained and I rang up and confirmed, that the issue could be checked again for free, as it was soon after the service. This was agreed and the car booked in. On collecting the car, I was charged again for diagnostic and labour. When I mentioned it was agreed that it would be looked at for free, this is quickly denied and dismissed. Hugely disappointing with terrible service. I will be telling everyone to avoid this garage.

“Faulty part ”

Written on: 16/01/2021 by Woodh (1 review written)

Took my car for repair in September. In December the part stopped working. Another garage said it was a cheap part. Mr Clurch blamed leaves build up (we do not park are car near any leaves). Bring down again January same reason & other garage confirmed faulty part. Mr Clutch took it in again then blamed leaves build up & charged us another £40. I will never use these again & lesson learnt as why they are so cheap on repairs !

“AVOID”

Written on: 09/06/2020 by Witchymumma (1 review written)

Last year I had my clutch done on my car by mr clutch in strood. 5 minutes after driving my driveshaft fell off!!. Luckily my youngest who is ASD and ADHD wasn’t in my car atm. I called RAC as branch closed as it was about 545pm. RAC came out and found the driveshaft had fallen off, also bolts and washers on windscreen. They also found my air filter not bolted on and My wheels loose.We was both shocked. He stated my car was dangerous too drive. RAC did a temporary fix and followed me back to mr clutch. Following morning I rang branch and at first they tried telling me that they wouldn’t of let the car go like that . I then rang Headoffice who asked fir proof etc which I gave the RAC report . They did the repairs then when I got the car back I didn’t feel happy, so I took it to another garage and asked them to look over the work they did , only to find a major oil leak from my gearbox. They’d used an old seal . They had my car a week fir this to be repaired. I asked how I was supposed to get around without a car and they agreed to pay taxi fare. First of all they offered me a free full service which I declined, then £50 again I declined, now £150 . Is thus all my life is worth after they sent my car out in a dangerous state. After nearly a year of emailing a person from Head office they are now black mailing me as I wrote a bad feed back on Trust Pilot about my experience. They’ve said I can have £150 plus taxi fare ONLY if I take my feedback from Trust Pilots down with immediate effect. Again I’ve said no . I’ve also contacted Ombudsman but haven’t had a reply since last year. Again my oldest son had a clutch done my mr clutch in strood and he came out with a major oil leak. Does this firm intentionally do damage to get customers!! AVOID AVOID AVOID

“Terrible service, and car returned with extra faults”

Written on: 28/11/2019 by alMcKinney175 (1 review written)

Took our Freelander 1 in to have the clutch done. It took nearly two days. The car was returned to me three times and I could not get it into gear - it took them 3 hours to sort it out. They claimed that it needed the DMF at the same time (doubling the cost), but could not tell me what was wrong with it, and would not return the old parts for me to have a look at. When I drove away it overheated and I had to fill the cooling system with water as it had been left empty. The EML was repeatedly coming on and the turbo was not providing any boost. Further to that the steering wheel was turned to the right when going straight. Months later I am still waiting for them to agree to repair the car and pay for my garage bill whilst on holiday. I have not had an apology. I will never use them again.

“Avoid at all costs!”

Written on: 28/09/2019 by VSlatter (1 review written)

Had I known that Mr Clutch were completely devoid of customer care, diligence and professionalism I would have avoided them at all costs. Our Car was booked in for a clutch replacement at our local branch of Mr Clutch on Wednesday 17th July 2019. When the work was completed the car was taken for a test drive where they identified a knocking noise when the car was in motion. The car was then put back on to the ramp to be re-inspected. After the second test drive we were advised that the noise may be as a result of an issue with the brakes. We were given no further advice and left the garage In the days that followed we noticed an unusual sound coming from underside the car when driving. The car seemed to be rattling when in motion. This was particularly unnerving when driving my two young children to and from school. Based on the advice we were given regarding a potential issue with the brakes, we booked an inspection at a local branch of a well-known National Garage for Saturday 20th July. We did not initially mention the work previously undertaken by Mr Clutch on the Wednesday. When we arrived back to collect the car we were asked if we had recently had any work completed on the car to which we advised that there had been a clutch replacement a few days previously. My husband was then taken to the car and was shown that one of the bolts on the sub frame into the steering rack was not completely secure. This was clearly the source of the knocking noise that we had heard when driving. The Mechanic marked the exact bolt with yellow chalk to make it abundantly clear where the issue was and then we drove the car back to Mr Clutch which was approximately five minutes away. When we arrived at Mr Clutch the car was put back on to the ramp to be re inspected. It was at this point we were advised that the sub frame ‘does not need’ to be removed to replace a clutch. This was in complete contradiction to what we had been told when the work was originally completed on the Wednesday. When the check was complete, we were advised that the bolt was in fact completely secure. A bolt that was identified by a second independent garage as being loose only 20 minutes previously. This was all documented in writing by the Assistant Supervisor of the independent garage. They have subsequently advised that they are very happy to discuss this further given that it is also their professional integrity being called into question. The brakes were then subsequently checked and we left with no further explanation. It is my understanding that had the sub frame into the steering rack detached completely the consequences could have been catastrophic. This is a car that is used numerous times during the day and transports my children to and from school. I have since contacted the Customer Service team regarding my complaint and what has followed has been nothing short of appalling. They have been deliberately evasive, vague and non-comital. There has been a flat denial to acknowledge that there has been any wrong doing, despite written evidence to the contrary, a refusal to answer any of the questions I have raised, and a refusal to escalate my complaint internally. Apparently, there is no escalation process above the Customer Service team and no complaints procedure for them to send to me. After 14 pages of email correspondence, and two telephone conversations, I have now been advised to refer my complaint to the National Conciliation Service for their independent review as it is unlikely that an agreement will be reached between us.Given that we have written confirmation and proof from an independent garage, I find their arrogance and complacency quite simply astounding It is also worth mentioning that we were quoted almost £200 more for the clutch replacement in person. It was only when we advised that we had requested an online estimation a few hours previously that they agreed to honour the original quotation. I think the way that any Company handles such serious complaints speaks volumes about the kind of organisation they inherently are. I could not be more disappointed that we put our trust in a company that clearly has no regard whatsoever for their customers.

“Avoid clutch replacement”

Written on: 03/07/2019

Since having a new clutch fitted to my converted vivaro camper van in March 2018 (which was a bit of a saga at the time, having to return several times for further work & adjustments) the clutch has now gone onto to last only 15 months & 15,000miles (so now out of their 1year warranty period) Hence, I have been told by the branch that I now need another new clutch! Feeling very cheated and going onto speak to their head office about the situation - I have been advised by them of the possible reasons that our clutch has failed: 1) the way it is driven - not sure what this means exactly.... but assume it suggests heavy clutch use - my vehicle has been driven for leisure purposes only and is not driven in any way hard. 2) more than one person drive the vehicle and that drivers have different 'driving techniques' therefore the clutch may not perform as well?! My vehicle is driven by me 90% of the time with one other driver on the insurance policy who drives on the odd occasion. 3) to do with the roads or the area being hilly..... my vehicle spends most of it's time on level ground - so I don't believe this to be relevant in my case. The conclusion: I have been offered 10% discount on another new clutch fitted by them. Somehow, I don't think I will be taking them up on this offer! The only next step is to pursue my statutory rights via trading standards, is a new clutch only expected to last 15,000 miles in my case? I can only say, based on my own experience, that if you have a clutch fitted by Mr Clutch, be prepared to replace it in the near future..... it is tempting to use them as they are competitive on price but the old saying definitely stands in this case "buy cheap, buy twice!"

“Incompetent company”

Written on: 09/06/2019 by chewbaccar2 (1 review written)

Terrible company. Had an MOT pass when there was an ABS light constantly on which is a certain obvious failure, After complaining straight away on the same day of picking up the car and even sending a video of the issue to head office, was told that they were not interested as i couldn't prove it was happening before the MOT !. Unbelievable. Currently seeking legal advice. Incompetent company. They also left the rear light fascia loose, with screws missing and almost certainly cut corners on a full service but cannot prove that one just yet

“Very expensive compared to others”

Written on: 28/09/2018

Asked for online quote for clutch replacement and it came in at £454. However while waiting I had called local Mr Clutch and was told £1010. I replied to online quote asking to explain the difference. Apparently the bigger quote include the Dual Mass Flywheel at £550. The manufacturer recommends this is changed when replacing the clutch so why not include in online quote. Told them two other garages quoted £220 for DMF. They suggested it was inferior parts. No it wasn't. I went with someone else and inspected the parts and packaging. They were the OEM LUK parts that Mr Clutch said they use. So I paid £670 instead of the £1010 Mr Clutch wanted and I got brilliant service from the garage including insisting I road drive the car before paying. Avoid Mr Clutch if you can. There are better and cheaper options out there.

“total waste of time ”

Written on: 06/09/2018 by Adamroxburgh (1 review written)

Mr Clutch Strood depot are a complete waste of time. They have had my car for 3 weeks following an agreement that they could fix it. I have had NO contact in 3 weeks and have now been told that they have no idea how to fix it as they are incapable. Now have to get the car taken to another garage who know what they are doing. Would not recommend this bunch of amateurs to my worst enemy.

“Mr Clutch Croydon ”

Written on: 23/07/2018 by Brisa1955 (1 review written)

They will be inaccurate about the severity of damage, find and report the even the most minor faults (as "requires immediate attention"), They give mechanics a very bad rep and enjoy putting customers through harrow. I went in for a £100 service but left with with an £1000 quote.

“Wrong Oil caused my car to be declared a write off”

Written on: 20/04/2018 by Alexia1965 (1 review written)

Avoid at all costs, this company have cost me thousands of pounds and have written off my car! I have been in dialogue with their customer services department for nearly six months in regards to a faulty service that they carried out on my vehicle. They failed to road test the vehicle (I have proof in the form of mileage pictures), failed to fill in the service report correctly and also fitted a faulty fuel filter to the car which caused the car to break down first thing the next morning meaning I couldn’t get to work on time. I opened a complaint with their customer services team the same evening (18th Oct). The best is yet to come. A few weeks later on 23rd Nov my car broke down at 9pm by the Hindhead Tunnel. This left my pregnant fiancée on the road in freezing cold temperatures. I had to get the car recovered at my expense and was now without a car. The long and short of it was that Mr Clutch had put the wrong oil in my vehicle on the day of the service. This took them nearly four months to admit liability, the whole time I had been and still am fighting with their insurance company to recover my costs. My car has been declared a total write off and they are refusing to issue a refund for the original service! I was never once offered a courtesy car and am fighting to recover my costs for a car that I had to rent on a monthly basis whilst liability was being established. They have conducted themselves in the most appalling manner from the day the car went in for the service and their aftersales has been totally nonexistent. I still have not received an apology of any sort. The above is a short version of events!

“CROYDON - EXCELLENT ”

Written on: 15/01/2018 by MoisesMcCollum (1 review written)

I have been to Mr Mr Clutch Croydon on 2 occasions and the service is excellent. Extremely helpful staff, Giovanni did everything he could to help with a very expensive repair bill and reduced his labour costs. Very honest and I would highly recommend,