Olympus C-40 Zoom Reviews

• Image Quality

Olympus C-40 Zoom - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Olympus C-40 Zoom

Olympus C-40 Zoom

“I love my Olympus C-40 Zoom Camera! I have had it for...”

Written on: 21/07/2006 by benzie (1 review written)

I love my Olympus C-40 Zoom Camera! I have had it for about 3 years now and it is fabulous! I've taken over 3000 photos with it! It is so easy to use, fantastic quality and overall just brilliant! The only things I don't like are it is a little bit too bulky compared to some of the cameras around now and for £500 I think it was a little bit expensive… Read Full Review

“i've had the camera for 6 months now and it has proved...”

Written on: 11/06/2003 by Steve Redgewell. (1 review written)

i've had the camera for 6 months now and it has proved a real fun piece of kit. Its small enough to pop into a pocket, I've taken it to night clubs and had a real scream, never a missed shot, fantastic.
It almost replaces my EOS for sheer convenience… Read Full Review

“I took a long time deciding to go digital and have...”

Written on: 15/12/2001 by Fred. (1 review written)

I took a long time deciding to go digital and have been surprised and delighted with the ease of use and image quality from the Olympus C40 digital camera. It is usually possible to obtain photo-quality prints with minimum retouching. Don't be fooled by the size of the camera. The lens quality is good with little flare and the feature list is as long as your arm. Despite the length of the feature list, the camera is still easy to use, particularly if you have previously used an SLR. All the… Read Full Review

“Based on a couple of hours playing since I only got...”

Written on: 08/11/2001 by Andrew Kennaugh. (1 review written)

Based on a couple of hours playing since I only got the camera today......

This is my first personal digital camera after many years with "real" film though I have used a Nikon coolpix 950 at work. First impressions are of a very small camera with lots of options. Anyone used to a 35mm camera with a variety of exposure options (aperture, shutter, manual, bracketing, compensation) should have no problems using this digital camera.

Menus are fairly quick to get around, once you know where… Read Full Review

11451_Tom.'s Response to 5633_Andrew Kennaugh.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2002

the camedia software was always clunky. I have just upgraded from an XGA olympus.
<br>Now that you can use the USB plug and play, I don't know why they include it. People install it and then wonder why it's bad.
<br>It would be better to include a customised version of thumbsplus or something like that for archiving.

61093_Tony.'s Response to 5633_Andrew Kennaugh.'s Review

Written on: 28/12/2002

I agree with the review of the camera - it is a great device - But Olympus should be ashamed of their software though. It is so user unfriendly - try to find a saved image to e-mail! They seem to make it difficult to use to make you upgrade - at extra cost of course - to the 'pro' version.

Read 2 Comments