Marks & Spencer Bras Reviews

Marks and Spencer Bras - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marks and Spencer Bras

Marks and Spencer Bras

“Excellent custome service”

Written on: 10/03/2020 by lindaofori (1 review written)

I visited the Kings Rd for a bra fit. Lady put me totally at ease. She asked what kind of bra I was looking for underwired etc. Fantastic service with a smile and experience. Generous with her time. Perfectly fitting bras bought after a perfectly patient friendly customer service. Thumbs up. I will be shopping at KINGS RD, Chelsea, London FOR ALL FUTURE BRAS. Highly recommended!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Very un private service ”

Written on: 22/01/2020 by 336Snow (1 review written)

I took my mother to the bra fitting with me and she was taking a seat outside. I’m a 21 year old adult . I’m a plus-size . When the lady started measuring me she was okay she then went to get the right bra size for me each time she would go she would tell my mother what’s going on and I didn’t find that comfortable she said my bra size isn’t in stock and that the bra I’m wearing is causing my body to look scratchy which I agreed on . She then said to my mother are you her real mum… Read Full Review

“Poor bra fitting service - Canterbury store”

Written on: 16/09/2019 by Olson148 (1 review written)

The bra fitting assistant at the M&S Canterbury store has a rude shirty attitude to customers. I have previously been fitted with bras bu her that have felt too tight around the circumference of the bra band, and on questioning her about whether the size may be incorrect, I was met with her rudecondescending attitude and informed that she was fully trained and cant help me if I am not willing to accept her advice. Customer services could ensure that their assistants are polite and friendly to… Read Full Review

“straps have been shortened”

Written on: 12/08/2019 by Evelin67 (1 review written)

I purchased today as I thought two total support bras the fleur lace collection, as the cotton ones have been given side support plastic bones and the ones I have at home have not, the plastic bones are not comfortable so now I cannot buy them. The lace bras are not the size on the box, and again the straps are to short, this is such a shame as I have at home earlier bras of the same style, these two bras are not 42G more like 38E, They are two small, and should fit if they were not, so having… Read Full Review

“Bra review”

Written on: 13/04/2018 by shSchofield57 (1 review written)

Have always purchased my underwear from here and always Been fully satisfied. However recently have had 4 sessions of bra fitting and had to return three times as their bra cups are far too large, the sides deep which causes chaffing and soreness in my armpit area. One one occasion after a bra fitting I returned to the store and was told by another fitter that I had Been advised on a totally ill fitting bra that was a size too small. I have had this conversation with.friends and even a couple… Read Full Review

“Two attempts and still looking! 34 B”

Written on: 06/12/2017

I recently went and tried on numerous bras in my local store, I ended up purchasing a twin pack of wired full bras at £18. I wasn't pleased with the fabrics, too fussy and visible under clothing but decided I needed quality and comfort over that. The first day I wore one of them a full day, I couldn't wait to get home and remove it it felt stiff and the straps cut in on my armpit. Next day I adjusted the straps but it too was torturous! A couple of weeks after I tried again and came… Read Full Review

“Not that good :((((”

Written on: 01/12/2017 by Lucky_lady (3 reviews written)

Expected EVERYTHING to be on the highest quality because it is M&S. But the service turned out to be awful. Disappointed… Read Full Review

“Burning rash on wearing new M&S black non underwirerd bra.”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by HillaryBain26 (1 review written)

I bought 2 new non underwired bras from M&S 28/9/17 at £18 each in a style that I have bought many times before. They are the only bras I wear. The choice of colour was limited in the Telford store so I bought one black and one white. I wore the black one the following day and by the evening had a large sore burning patch underneath and on the underside of both breasts. I washed both bras by hand and thought that M&S would want to know about this so I emailed them on 2/10/2017, received a… Read Full Review

Yvonneswindon's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2017

I have suffered allergies on two occasions, am currently going through the second one, it is horrendous. The knickers gave me a dreadful reaction around the legs in the summer, I never wore them again, I just bought a nightie and around the front of the neck I came out in this horrendous painful rash, it is awful and a week later is still not gone. It is itchy and weepy and so sore. I was given my money back but nothing else was said to me, the labels all state the ingredients but excluding the trim. It is the trim that must be the problem. Do not wear any of their stuff, as each time you react it gets worse, the body just reacts stronger. I am taking a prescribed anti histamine, but if hasnt gone in two more days the gp is going to have to give me steroids. It's not about the money it is about being a responsible retailer and knowing what is in the garments surely.

Fru123's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2020

If you require such a level of customer service you should probably shop somewhere else and pay A LOT more than you would at M&S. M&S is fast fashion, just like the vast majority of brands at the moment, if you buy bras for £18 you can't expect they will carry tests on each piece of garment you say it gave you a rash, especially if - as I understand - you didn't bother testing yourself for possible allergies. I think they went above and beyond to make you happy, even though it was not their fault, but you sound like someone who cannot be made happy.

Read 2 Comments

“Uncomfortable”

Written on: 19/06/2017 by Stricklandvq27 (1 review written)

I have always bought M+S underwear, however the last 3 bras I have purchased have been really uncomfortable. Where the fasteners are and the label, the stitching irritates my skin. I returned a bra last year after struggling with it for month;I got some refund but only a small proportion of the purchase price as I hadn't saved the receipt. I then purchased 2 soft feel bras which have been no better. Although the fabric is soft, the stitching is really uncomfortable. Very disappointed and… Read Full Review

“seamless bra”

Written on: 13/04/2017 by Vaughan61 (1 review written)

I have bought your bras for 50 years but now , after buying 4 in the last year, I am so itchy, I thought it may be my age but after reading recent reviews, the fault is not with me but the rubbish elastic and cheap thread that is used, when they were made in this country , there were no problems but now all the company wants is more profit and less customer service. i will dispose of them asap. A waste of money I could have given to the Red Cross or some other charity.Hope you do the same… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 08/03/2017 by Jada471 (1 review written)

Efficient and friendly staff. Most helpful and knowledgeable about products. Would recommend. Happy customer… Read Full Review

“Scratchy fastenings”

Written on: 27/04/2016 by ggPeck174 (1 review written)

Every bra from M&s has this fault . The fit is fine , fabric lovely but the stitching where the labels are sewn in at the back is always irritatingly scratchy . Whether paying £35 or £15 . Even the latest so soft bra everything was so comfy apart from that . Sew the labels somewhere else then they can be cut off and don't need this great big lump of stitching that's always sticking in . I am a size 10 by the way so it's not that I have rolls that get in the way… Read Full Review

“Allergic reaction to T-shirt Bra”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by Spearskp374 (1 review written)

Went to to try to get a small back (30) bra in a large cup size - pretty hopeless. The only ones they had were T-shirt bras, so I tried one on. Within a minute of the bra touching my skin, I had come up in hives all over my chest, torso and hands (where the fabric had touched my skin). The changing room assistant was completely dismissive when told!!! She didn't care at all, so I left and went to another department store where I tried on and purchased a selection of bras in my size, including a… Read Full Review

“M&S bra, elastic tears ”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by oldchilady (1 review written)

Have bought several T33 07434/8020 classic bras over the past eighteen months or so. I put my thumb through the first one doing it up the first time I wore it. I have now got holes in 5 of the bras in the elastic back next to the hooks. The newest bra is just a few weeks old, I've worn and washed it several times and it has started to hole on the stitched zigzag seam. I tried mending some of the others but they have frayed a lot.I went into a Marks store to show them and was told that I have… Read Full Review

“Poor elastic bra straps/inadequate adjustment fasteners”

Written on: 13/06/2015 by Zane249 (1 review written)

Recently purchased pack of 2 t shirt bras & another one @ £22.50. The t shirt bras- I couldn't adjust the straps, the fastener would not move. The other bra- I tightened the straps as much as possible but it would not stay on my shoulder. I had to return all 3 & did wonder that in order to keep costs low M&S are using inferior trimmings? The £22.50 bra is one I have bought several times previously… Read Full Review

“Wires”

Written on: 11/03/2015

I have had problems with several under- wired bras in the past year. Mainly the minimisers. Previous bras have lasted for years. The recent bras have been washed in the same way in the machine and the wire have pushed through. I notice that the end of the wires are cut off sharply whereas previous wires have a softer end so much more unlikely to push through. Has anyone else had these issues? The fit of the bras has been good but am having to replace much more frequently due to the above issue… Read Full Review

Cove1234's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2016

I recently purchased 3 minimiser bras. Within the first month the wire had completely removed itself from the bras while being washed. This happened to all 3 bras. I have been purchasing these bras for many years and have never experienced this problem before.
Smoothing Floral Lace Wing Minimiser Bra, product code: 05997930

Mrshdb's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2018

i bought 2 t shirt underwired bras a few weeks ago and noticed this morning the wires poking through one.Back to the shop it goes this afty.not impressed .

Read 2 Comments

“Label spec needs alteration fast ”

Written on: 31/12/2014 by Seamssofter (1 review written)

The labels and seams in my latest Christmas bras from M and Spencer are AWFUL. The thread is very scratchy and I have now for sores on my back where the seams rub . The threads sewing in the labels are just as bad . Why can The merchandisers not stipulate the thread type for these next to the skin garments ? The threads are too stiff but there must be material scientists out there who could change the skin feel by clever chemistry or even suggest old fashioned cotton ?? My M and… Read Full Review

Moffattoffee's Response to Seamssofter's Review

Written on: 28/04/2015

I agree 100% and am glad it's not just me experiencing this. If anyone out there has any tips how to reduce the scratchiness I would love to hear from them whilst I still have skin on my back. I have just bought another brand new bra thinking it may have been just an issue with the last one - how wrong I was. Have not even been able to keep the new bra on for 5 minutes as it is chafing into the scar left by the other one. Frustrated and angry!

Read 1 Comment

“skin blisters”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by 327Randall (1 review written)

A dreadful reaction to the rubber in M&S bras.. Both shoulders blistered and a rash that looked like shingles. What sort of cheap rubber are they using?… Read Full Review

Divineh's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2014

I thought I was alone!
Having similar reaction to my M&S bras. It is really uncomfortable!

This was not the case some years back.

Sooze246's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2014

I too became allergic to the rubber in M+S bras, their answer to this is to only wear a bra for 8 hours at a time. What are we supposed to do when the 8 hours is up, whip it off in the middle of the office?

Sooze246's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2014

Catherinemcdevon's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2014

Same with me. Blisters on both shoulders that made it very difficult to wear an alternative bra for a number of days after. Rather unfortunate given my F cup size!!

Nizzymac's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

I had same reaction on both shoulders with itchy, weeping blisters. The M&S bra in question does have a warning about discomfort being possible but I thought that referred to the elasticity i.e. getting tight and not the fabric in the straps.

Read 5 Comments

“Labels on Bras”

Written on: 13/05/2014

The latest bra I have bought from Marks has 4 labels on it! Yes it does have a pair of scissors and a cut line, but that just makes it itchy. it hasn't brought me up in a rash but I now have a rough patch on my back. The stitching is rough and I certainly won't buy that one again. Of the four labels, only one is in English do we really need the other three when they make the bra uncomfortable. I notice it was made aboard, perhaps it's time Marks started to make their products in their home… Read Full Review

Etttenaj21's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

I think we could do away with the labels on the actual garments. I am fed up of label irritation. Could they not put the information on the box/ removable label . Once I t has been washed a few times you can't read the label anyway but it still irritates my back.

Read 1 Comment

“allergic reaction to bra!”

Written on: 29/03/2014 by Caabberley (1 review written)

Last week I bought what I thought was the same pack of two T shirt bras that I always buy.They fit me nicely as always and looked exactly the same as always.I buy them every few months and the only difference is they change the colour.However this time the bras made me itchy and sore.I was really uncomfortable at work the first time I wore one of them and I had to go home during my dinner hour to change.I decided to wash the second one several times before I tried that one but that one was… Read Full Review