Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport Reviews

Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport

Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport
Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport

“I brought the 1.8SRi 3 door in Metallic Star Silver...”

Written on: 17/11/2006 by karluk (1 review written)

I brought the 1.8SRi 3 door in Metallic Star Silver with Exterior Pack, Technical Pack (Cruise Control and Climate Control) and Keyless Entry. I didn't even bother to test drive one since I just fell in love with its looks - it is by far the best looking and stylish hatch ever made. My last car was a Ford Focus ST170 2.0 and the Astra is much better. It feels very solid, the interior is well made, solid and practical. The seats are quite rigid (sports styling) but are comfy unless you have a… Read Full Review

Bigjonmx's Response to karluk's Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

What a rude thing to say about another reviewer!

This car is total rubbish. Even Vauxhall admitted anyone over 5ft5 would have trouble with this car - it's for girls they said, maybe thats why you're ok.

But i'm curious: the inside looks, feels, and is made, so poorly even a chinese sweatshop would be ashamed of it. I can only assume you work for the company.

Karluk's reply to Bigjonmx's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2016

Wow, 10 years later and I get a comment. My original review was based on my opinion and my opinion is that the car was great. If your opinion is that it was rubbish then that's ok. You seem to be moaning about every aspect of the car - hope the relative that bought it for you wasn't too offended by your ungratefulness. I always saw it as a sporty little hatchback, so expected the ride to be quite stiff, for the rear view to be quite poor (exterior styling over interior rear vision) and for there to be quite a bit of plastic trim (it's wasn't a Jag you know - and I should know since the Jaguar XF I owned since was much better, but did cost £50k). But overall, I thought it was a great car, that's why I kept it for 6 years. Perhaps if I had been given it, then I may have been entitled to moan that I wanted a much better car and that my relative should have spent a lot more time and money when they kindly chose to buy me a car.

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“Mine is the Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport GTCi (looks...”

Written on: 07/11/2006 by BigJonMX (7 reviews written)

Mine is the Vauxhall 'New' Astra Sport GTCi (looks like the photo above).
The worst thing is that it's uncomfortable - no matter what combination of settings and adjustments I try, it gives me neck ache in 10 minutes and back ache in twenty. No matter where I sit I feel I am at the bottom of a box. I have to physically move in my seat to check if traffic is coming (window post on one side, mirror on the other - right in the way)!! I guess if you are shorter than 5foot you can sit really close… Read Full Review

“Had this 5 months now and very pleased. Huge discount...”

Written on: 31/08/2006 by Astra SRi (1 review written)

Had this 5 months now and very pleased. Huge discount available from www.buyacar.co.uk this car was cheaper from these people delivered to my door than a used Astra with 6000 miles from the dealer locally. Yup, I went for the new one of course. It was £700 cheaper including vat and delivery and I got it delivered three weeks quicker than the local dealer also!… Read Full Review

“The 'New' Vauxhall Astra is an excellent car full of...”

Written on: 05/12/2005 by foxview (71 reviews written)

The 'New' Vauxhall Astra is an excellent car full of features, The handling is superb and the petrol consumption is average… Read Full Review