Microsoft Xbox 360 Reviews

• Graphics

• Range Of Games

Summary

The Microsoft XBox 360 is Microsoft's all-conquering video games console. Featuring some of the latest Microsoft graphics technology, HD1080 graphics, addictive games, high quality accessories for the Xbox, and the online multiplayer feature, the Xbox 360 has thrilled gamers the world over

But what do YOU think of the Xbox 360? Are you a regular gamer, with the knowledge to show for it? Or are you an occasional player who just likes to "dabble"? Send us your X box 360 reviews and share your thoughts with your fellow gamers!

Microsoft Xbox 360 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Microsoft Xbox 360

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“OMFG”

Written on: 15/07/2012

this console is the worse console to be made and the graphics aint even good also all the games that come out only on xbox is the worst of worst because the graphiscs will be rubbish soo i advise a friend not to buy the xbox 360… Read Full Review

“The xbox death machine”

Written on: 30/11/2011 by whinchat1 (7 reviews written)

Well were do i start. The graphics are extremely poor The design is rubbish due to the fact that you have fan holes on the sides and on the bottom so it doesn't matter what side you stand it on you will still be blocking the fans. What is more you have the red ring of eternal death which destroys your xbox. Let me ask a question, Why would you buy something that breaks it is a waste of your hard earned money. I feel that as soon as your warranty runs out, it has a built in self destruct… Read Full Review

“Although the graphics are good, my nephew received...”

Written on: 26/12/2008 by fortuna5698 (1 review written)

Although the graphics are good, my nephew received this for his Christmas which was totally ruined by the XBox360 not scratching his games but actually scoring them beyond belief. When the games were inserted the Box made an awful noise a clunk and a whirr, on taking out the disc the score on it was unbelievable totally ruin his Christmas

Come on Microsoft, sort this problem out… Read Full Review

“I have both the xbox 360 and the ps3. I have had the...”

Written on: 27/05/2008

I have both the xbox 360 and the ps3. I have had the xbox for 18 months, it was barely a month old before the "ring of death". Was repaired quickly, but it crashes a lot, overheats too quickly and is very noisy. When it breaks again (and it will) the only place it will be going is in the bin. PS3 is 5 months old, no issues at all yet. Not much difference graphically between the two. There are better and more games for the xbox but its only a matter of time before thats not an issue. In my… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Xbox 360 live is simple to play on... ”

Written on: 29/03/2008

Xbox 360 live is simple to play on...

I have a xbox 360 they are un-reliable as mine is broke again... this is my 2nd xbox and I'm going to get a ps3! Fanboys comparing this to the ps3... Is not getting some games which the ps3 will be getting… Read Full Review

“I do not recommend the XBOX 360, stay clear of this...”

Written on: 23/02/2008

I do not recommend the XBOX 360, stay clear of this one if you want to go online it has no anti virus program in built or available to install..
The console became infected with viruses and no way of getting rid of them coming in on Microsoft create some software to combat this problem… Read Full Review

“I now have to buy a new drive and get it fixed by a...”

Written on: 26/09/2007 by JadMock (3 reviews written)

I now have to buy a new drive and get it fixed by a private technician as Microsoft are not giving me a word of hope, I was told £300 is nothing as they have millions of other people willing to buy there console out there. I was also told because I need a new drive I may be banned from XBL £40 a year as it is shown as modified, so what they are saying is for £300 we wont fix your machine if you fix it we will ban you or brick it, so i paid £300 for a brick, no thanks, and they wonder why… Read Full Review

“I have had my console for a year and some change....”

Written on: 21/08/2007 by Bubba Jank (1 review written)

I have had my console for a year and some change. Seems funny to me that now I get an Unplayable Disc notification when I try to load a game. I called customer service thinking that they would take care of the problem since all I did was turn my box on. All they had to offer me was a 25% discount for something that went wrong at no fault of my own. Being an XBL member for three plus years now I would have expected a little more service than this. I've shown my loyalty to them... and they have… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Get a PS3... the Xbox 360 is a rip-off.”

Written on: 24/06/2007 by UthersGhost (1 review written)

Get a PS3... the Xbox 360 is a rip-off… Read Full Review

Happydan's Response to UthersGhost's Review

Written on: 26/06/2007

Fanboi much? I'm not a huge fan of the 360, but there are plenty of original games and the marketplace is excellent. And apparently, you seem to think a £300 360 THAT COMES WITH A YEAR OF XBOX LIVE free is more of a rip-off than a £450 PS3. Next you'll be telling everyone the Wii is rubbish because it has less powerful graphics...

Freeky's Response to UthersGhost's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

You've got to be kidding.
<br/>
<br/>If you compare the 2 consoles technically there are only small differences, the PS3 may be able to do a few more dot-product-operations per second than the 360, but the 360 has a more innovative design and clearly wins on the graphics front.
<br/>
<br/>If you look there are sites that have done direct comparisons (using same games) and in all cases the 360 wins, the PS3 graphics being generally softer but brighter with less contrast, it also has lower frame rates and longer load times.
<br/>
<br/>Remember the PS3 was originally meant to come out only shortly after the 360, it was only delayed by Blu-ray, so in technical terms there are only a few months between them, and the software developers have had both for some time.

Happydan's Response to UthersGhost's Review

Written on: 27/06/2007

Problem is, the console is not tailored well for:
<br/>a) easy development - you basically have to program in machine code to get the most out of the 8 parallel processors of the Cell.
<br/>b) a wide audience - the "OMGzWOW3DGRAFAX" teen crowd love it, but from a social standpoint it is lacking.
<br/>
<br/>Saying GoW is a copy of Killzone is a complete misnomer. I can turn around and say to you that KZ offers nothing new at all from Halo, which was out way before. In turn, neither offer anything new when put up against Half-Life. Truth is, as a gaming experience, GoW offers up way more innovation in the gameplay, as well as some pretty damn fine pedigree (ever heard of Unreal Tournament?)
<br/>
<br/>As for the graphics, claiming they are no better than the PS2 is a load of clap-trap. If you claim that because you are on a non-HD TV, then the PS3 will be no better for you. I play game son a high-end PC rig on a good monitor and have always been critical of the capabilities of consoles, but come up happy with what the 360 has to offer.
<br/>
<br/>The point is about the accessibility of the console and fact is, you can pick up a Premium bundle with a game and headset for £250 if you look.
<br/>
<br/>Also - a lot of people can turn around and tell you that charging for online membership means there's less cheating, and generally better experiences. And that's something I have a LOT of experience with, as I'm a PC gamer.
<br/>
<br/>And for the record... I'm most definitely a Nintendo Fanboy.

Uthersghost's Response to UthersGhost's Review

Written on: 26/06/2007

Hi HappyDan, thanks for your reply to my comments about the Xbox 360. I stand by my comments...there are not that many new and fresh games about. Most of the games I have seen are old Xbox and PS games re-hashed or slightly tweaked and put into new packaging. Of the new games that are out, I still have to see something different and fresh. Even Gears of War is nothing more than 'Killzone' with a few flashy moves. As for thinking that spending £300 on an Xbox 360 and getting a year of Xbox Live for free is good... well... I spent a whole lot more than £300 on my set up. Once I had got the console I needed to spend another wedge on a second hand-set, (which is necessary if I don't want to play alone), also I had to get a rechargeable battery pack, (another essential if you don't want to be buying batteries for the rest of your gaming life), then, of course, I had to buy games... which are currently going for between £40 and £45 each. So that £300 you were on about is now closer to £700 and counting. And what happens in a years time... when I have established a few friendships online and gotten into the Xbox community? I think it is selfish and greedy for Microsoft to ever charge people to use the Xbox Live site, after all, it's only because gamers spend insulting amounts of money on other Xbox products that there is any reason for the site to be there in the first place. If we stop buying Xbox 360 products...there will soon be no site. Doesn't say much for their customer loyalty does it?
<br/>And apart from all that... I still maintain that the graphics/gameplay etc. of new Xbox 360 games are of little or no better quality than you see on a PS2. Project Gotham for example is no different from any PS2 racing game I have seen... and Import Tuner is even closer to PS1 standards. It is going to take something much better than Microsoft have already offered to make me feel like I haven't been cheated.
<br/>Thanks again for your comments, it's always interesting to read other peoples opinions.

Read 4 Comments

“I am not pleased with the Xbox 360 games console,...”

Written on: 18/12/2005 by Mats786 (5 reviews written)

I am not pleased with the Xbox 360 games console, especially with its graphics capabilities, and my home computer which has a Nvidia 7800GTX can out run this ATi Zenos graphics card to bits… Read Full Review