Budgie Reviews

Budgie - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Budgie

“Makes so much noise”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by amira52thor (3 reviews written)

I got a pink budgie for Christmas from a friend and I went to ask someone if they make a lot of noise. She said they could because they have bigger vocal cords. But in the store she was making a cute noise and thought that it is. In the beginning she was super quiet and making cute little noises. Now she just got so comfy she makes so loud noises at the worst timing! Such random times either in the night or afternoon. When I sleep she needs to be in pitch darkness to be quiet… Read Full Review

“Bad Experience”

Written on: 29/09/2012 by Obsecure (11 reviews written)

I had 4 pairs of budgie lived for almost 18 months and the laid egg but insted of hatching they broke them or throw outside from their boxses result they could not breed, thaen i left the budgie, let me tell you one thing parslay and the green chilli are aten very happily by them… Read Full Review

“The Budgerigar is native to Australia, though all...”

Written on: 03/09/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

The Budgerigar is native to Australia, though all green and a little larger than the ones we see as pets in this country, and are related to parakeets. Over the years they have been bred in captivity to produce several different colours such as green, blue, turquoise, olive, grey, purple, flecked, yellow and white, the ones we see in our pet shops are most often green or blue.

Best to purchase a bird when young, and the best talkers are usually the males. It is a little difficult to determine… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 05/09/2006

I bought my budgie Eddie (documented in my review of Pets at Home) back in 1999 and the lad who flogged him to us said "you'll get a good 5 year out of him mate", I thought Eddie was doing so well as all the family gathered to share his birthday celebrations. We believed Eddie was a positive budgie geriatric. If I had known that budgies can last for upwards of 18 years then I would not have wasted my time with goldfish and other aquatics. To think I was considering a Koi pond. No it's a massive aviary for me. Cheers!!

Read 1 Comment