KEF Q1 Reviews

KEF Q1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for KEF Q1

KEF Q1
KEF Q1

“these speakers are an outstanding performer i have...”

Written on: 27/06/2010

these speakers are an outstanding performer i have always loved kef speakers in all styles from book shelf to floor standers but the these are super for what i need there is nothing i can say bad about these little gems they suit my needs for my living room… Read Full Review

“The Kef Q1 stereo speakers are easy to accommodate and...”

Written on: 17/01/2006 by ray7656 (36 reviews written)

The Kef Q1 stereo speakers are easy to accommodate and deploy. Superb sound with everything except dub reggae due to lack of low bass. The build is fine, and the dark apple finish is a sight for sore eyes… Read Full Review

Danielfromscottsdale's Response to ray7656's Review

Written on: 28/11/2017

I recently purchased (Oct 2017) a used pair of KEF Q 1 Bookshelf Speakers from CA craigslist - I knew they would be absolutely fantastic considering that I purchased a pair of Q 10.s a few years ago (here locally) that were absolutely phenomenal - doe's anybody know the official M.S.R.P. for the Q 1's ? ? ? Sincerely

Ray7656's reply to Danielfromscottsdale's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2017

in the uk the q1's were pitched in the competitive budget bookshelf speaker market..ordinarily going up against b & w..mission..wharfedale..tannoy etc..i bought my pair about a year after launch for £180..they were £250 when first released..for the consumer the competition in this market realistically meant few people paid the rrp for budget bokkshelf models(except b&w, almost never discounted to any degree in the uk apart from minor reductions when new models supersede old ones)

Danielfromscottsdale's reply to Ray7656's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2017

250 GBP convert's to $337.85 U.S. Doller's. I have heard that they are $1,000 speakers, maybe that is for the U.S. market price - or maybe not? I was looking for the U.S. market price? That is why I originally inquired - however that really helped me - Thank you so much, I listen to Sacred Choral, Organ & Orchestral, I was going to get an entry level audiophile system with ML (entry level) 2x EM-ESL, 1x EM-ESL-C, 2x Motion 4 (surrounds) and a GoldenEar SuperSub XXL (14Hz) but my employment did not materialize. Yes I would have had Heaven on Earth, however I am content to have acquired the KEF Q 1's. Merry Christmas everyone! Sincerely, DanielfromScottsdale

Danielfromscottsdale's reply to Danielfromscottsdale's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2017

Revision: to entry level audiophile system that I would have purchased if employment would have materialized - it would have consisted of an OPPO UDP-203, an ONKYO TX-RZ260 5.2 Atmos, (entry level electrostatic) 2x EM-ESL, 1x EM-ESL-C, 2x Motion 4 (surrounds) and 2x Motion AFX Dolby Atmos Enabled and a GoldenEar SuperSub XXL (13Hz) for my Sacred Choral, Organ & Orchestral 24-bit Blu-ray-Audio & SACD-DSD/DXD Hi-Res library! Again it would have been Heaven on Earth - however I am quite content to have acquired the KEF Q 1's Thank's and God Bless. Sincerely,

Read 4 Comments

“I purchased my Q1's new on ebay about 2 weeks ago. All...”

Written on: 14/06/2005 by macman (8 reviews written)

I purchased my Q1's new on ebay about 2 weeks ago. All in all I am very happy with these speakers, here is my review.

1. Sound Quality.

I find the Q1s very detailed & transparent with vocals. Mark Knoplers crunchy gruff sounding lyrics come across with breathtaking articulation and detail, whilst Heather small from m-people sounds open, very smooth, with a good rounded warm ambience that really stimulates. If you close your eyes, it really is quite a scary experience.

You will also be very… Read Full Review