Argus Car Hire Reviews - www.arguscarhire.com

Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com

Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com

“Günstiges Auto, leider Anmietung ausserhalb von...”

Written on: 23/08/2022 by franzi33 (1 review written)

Günstiges Auto, leider Anmietung ausserhalb von Flughafen, Shuttletransport hat länger gedauert bis er gekommen ist und der Abholstandort war schwer zu finden. Ansont zufrieden mit dem Auto und Preis Leistungsverhältnis.

“Really good car rental ”

Written on: 09/08/2022 by Vxghcxgh (1 review written)

The car rental has a fast and good service for a good price.

“Requesting a refund and or reasonable agreement”

Written on: 01/07/2022 by Tyrell87 (1 review written)

My cousin arrived form Italy at SFO and immediately went to the Alamo car rental to pick up his vehicle- he was not able to produce a credit card as he discovered that it was lost. Alamo would not rent him a car. I rented him a car under my name. Several days later, he inquired about a refund, and was told by ARGUS that he would not get a refund. We find this unacceptable and unreasonable as the 750 euros that he paid Argus was never claimed by the rental car company. We agree to a reasonable penalty, but the complete loss of his 750 euros is robbery and completely immoral. There needs to be some empathy and consideration for situations that are beyond normal control.

“Don`t rent with Argus Car Hire”

Written on: 19/06/2022 by vjMcCleary346 (1 review written)

Argus Car Hire (=Car Trawler) rented me a car from a service station (Europcar) that was closed for the time of the pick-up. The provider did not hand me over the car the next morning (when I showed up at the first minute of the opening time), declaring that Argus would not allow a late pick-up. All call centers denied acceptance of the fact that they rent out cars at stations that are either closed or do not exist. There was no refund, no apology and I lost over 2000€ which is quite amount for our family. Needless to say that we could not start our vacation due to their mistake.

“Collect point was empty car park, no one to help, no...”

Written on: 19/06/2022 by rcx846 (1 review written)

No Argus office at the airport and the car collection point was just an empty area of the carpark. No one was there so I telephoned the help desk but no answer. Called Argus head office who confirmed our booking was fine and checked time and location, but they also couldn't contact the local agent. Stranded, miles from hotel, we had to pay for emergency transport. But when we got home Agrus changed their story, saying we weren't there on time, even though we were on phone to them within 7 minutes of collection time asking where the car is.

“Fast, efficient, helpful ”

Written on: 24/05/2022 by Chaney1974 (1 review written)

Everything went like clockwork both on collection and return. Staff extremely helpful over a small problem which was speedily resolved.

“Argus Hire / Goldcar”

Written on: 10/05/2022

Online car rental always easy... Buy the 'top up insurance' ever time... Always - and I mean always - told by hire car companies at Alicanate (even if Ive purchased through their own sites) that they dont recognize the insurance and want to upsell at the airport. We are regular users and now decline and pay £1000 dep on Credit card but it would be WONDERFUL if this palaver didnt happen everytime, and most frustratingly when youre tired and grumpy and just want to get away from the airport

“ITS GOOD TO CHOOSE COMPANIES WITH PROFESSIONALISM”

Written on: 29/04/2022 by Stricklandub468 (1 review written)

I WAS VERY SATISFIED FROM THE WHOLE PROCEDURE FROM A to Z BY THE COMPANY , THE ONLY PROBLEM I FACED WAS THAT THE CAR DID NOT HAD ENOUGH LAGGAGE ROOM AS I ASKED

“Car rental, Herakleion”

Written on: 22/04/2022 by ylTorres401 (1 review written)

The process of online booking was very clear with all information displayed logically. Prices were excellent compared to others. I chose auto holidays through the arguscarhire website although some reviews were not complimentary as it was at the airport and not needing the shuttle. Everything worked perfectly, the car was ready, clean and I was even upgraded to an automatic car. Return was no hassle too. Staff were extremely polite, helpful and efficient. I did not have to wait at all. This was at Herakleion, Crete. Highly recommended

“Professional process in renting car”

Written on: 29/03/2022 by anGreer465 (1 review written)

Don't missing renting car from them

“This is not a car service. I hired a car for 180...”

Written on: 12/03/2022 by FilippoD (1 review written)

This is not a car service. I hired a car for 180 pounds for only one day, through Enterprise, which I know (and checked) that are happy to accept a debit card for pick up. Once booked I received an email from Argus saying that because they are a third party broker, they only allow credit card for pick up. I called immediately and started a chat, they offered me options for >£80 more to be able to use my debit card. These were all out of market price. I asked to cancel my booking and they charged me a fee of 42 pounds. Long story short, they didn't give me a car, were really unhelpful and CHARGED ME 42 POUNDS WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF MY BOOKING. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. Avoid at all costs and go directly trough official channels (Europcar, enterprise,..) because they will surely be cheaper, safer and more helpful.

“No communication or responses”

Written on: 11/11/2021 by TheresaJarvis (1 review written)

Booked the car, received loads of emails about it being an in person collection and credit cards needed. Arrive to pick up car to no one present, took 30 mins to reach a staff member who told me off for not registering online, which was news to me. Had to do it all from a car park, to then find out they didnt have a car for us at the pick up. Had to travel 40mins to another pick up to a car with a massive crack in the windscreen (could not change car in time for us needing to leave). Raised a complaint and have had no response in over 5 weeks. I would avoid this company

“Do not use this company ”

Written on: 02/10/2021 by Mmwreviews (1 review written)

I booked car rental for my parents as part of a trip we planned to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Their flight was due in at 6pm in Saturday to Cagliari Sardinia, but was 40 min late. The car rental company that Argus subcontract to, was closed. It seems from their website they are only open u til 6pm, even though customer service at Argus say they should be open u til 11pm. When I spoke to Argus customer service, they said no one could help me and they would email, no email has arrived. They also said it would take up to 48 hours to get a response once I made an official complaint. My parents had to get a taxi, which cost them some 140 euro. They are currently in a villa up a mountain tain, with no food and no transport. Argus, say they can't help and can't even quarantine they will get a car tomorrow, if they are able to get a taxi back to the airport. Don't what ever you do, make the same mistake and use this company. I have looked at b- rents reviews, the company they subcontract to in Cagliari and this has happened before. This amounts to selling a service they can't deliver on, with no solution provided.

“Easy process and easy payment process ”

Written on: 28/08/2021 by Eugenemgallen (1 review written)

Easy process and easy payment process . I opted for daily insurance but it was very expensive, will not opt for that again.

“Great one-way options”

Written on: 21/08/2021 by Estebanp425 (1 review written)

Hired car for three days for a modestly long-distance one-way trip from London. Enterprise has many locations in smaller towns which is almost unique in the UK and fantastic, and the cost was low thanks to Argus.

“shocking treatment of refund”

Written on: 17/08/2021 by jeremiah136 (1 review written)

we were given a voucher for car hire only to be told that the cars we can hire are much more expensive than if we booked direct on the website in other words hiking the price up to claim back the value of the voucher. couldnt believe it but had it confirmed. shoddy treatment of customers

“Charming small Car”

Written on: 31/05/2021

We could not believe how cheap it was to hire the car for 4 days. The car was ready early so we were able to get it before our due time. Instructions to collect the car were spot on. We had unlimited mileage. Staff were great. Was fantastic that we could pick up at one location and drop off at another location. Very economical to run. We did 715kms on a tank of juice. Highly Recommend Argus Car Hire. Will definitely use these guys again. Front seats had a few stains on them and I was concerned that the company might think we returned it like that but the marks were there when we collected the car. Easy drop off. we were early and there was a drop box key safe for the key. So easy. thank you

“excellent and great service”

Written on: 28/12/2020 by Hanguy (1 review written)

The service was excellent and when we got to the rental hut the car was ready. Also there was no waiting around and my car was handed over within 10 minutes. Very friendly staff. The hire car was very clean and well presented, would definitely use arguscarhire again.

“Namibia Windhoek airport Hertz”

Written on: 14/11/2020 by Etoshawanderer (1 review written)

Good customer service and efficient professional staff. Vehicle was well used and a little battered but this didn't effect the use of the vehicle. No dispute on the condition upon return to a different staff member.

“Excellent hire company”

Written on: 23/09/2020 by Carlsonpf1970 (1 review written)

Easy to book and collection was great with the guy to pick us up at the airport waiting for us rather than having to wait for them, even worse having to phone and moan to get someone out. Car was good, clean and good for the job. A little under powered but otherwise it did well under a high demand and mileage. Staff at the centre also good, polite and knew what they were doing. No pushing for excess policies to be bought either. Will definitely use them again.