RentalCars.com Reviews - www.rentalcars.com

RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

“Robbery with no right to complain”

Written on: 09/09/2022 by 1952Fox (1 review written)

I booked a car and payed in advance, and when I came to rental car office the agent refused to issue the car to me because I didn't have international driving licence and he also told me to contact Rentalcars.com by email to ask for full compensation which I did. However, I got into multiple days chain email exchange with different people working for Rentalcar, who are always referencing the terms and conditions, without even trying to see that there was a mistake in their personnel procedures, which has led me to lose all my rights to reclaim. This is clearly a SHAM. I strongly advice anyone to avoid this company, as they have horrible treatment of customers.

“Easy to use and good value ”

Written on: 30/08/2022 by Essence360 (1 review written)

I found the site very easy to use and the prices are very good. There is also a very good range of cars . However; I entered my age as 74 but when I received the email confirmation it stated that the drivers for this car need to be between 19 and 70. I assume the error is just a foibles of the Web site. And assure rental cars will resolve this issue.

“Wndy Car Rental is a very bad company”

Written on: 25/08/2022 by Alicez126 (1 review written)

I had a very bad experience with Windy Car Rental. They have no commitment toward time, quality, promises, or communication. Customer service and customer satisfaction is their last concern, the only thing they care for is to take you money regardless of how they take it. The car they gave me does not fit into the category they promised in their contract. I was given a very bad car with the noise allover the place. The tires inflated sign was on and I had to look for a place to fill them up. With an empty (0 tank) petrol tank you have to find the closest petrol station, if you missed it you end up stuck somewhere with no petrol in your car. I rented a car with GPS but no GPS was in the car. After a short drive engine failure sign came up with a warning chime. I had to return the car to them to replace it. They insisted that the car is OK and that was just a problem with the computer! After a long discussion they wanted to give me another car with the same problems. After insisting they agree to give me another car and they promised to reimburse my petrol money back. This took from 11am to 5:30pm to finalize. After returning the car back they refused to give me the petrol money back for stupid reasons. I will never book a car from this company and don't recommend them to anyone.

“does not work”

Written on: 19/08/2022 by lavicpet (1 review written)

I was very satisfied previous years. Now it is horrible. I could not change my reservations on line, I could not make new reservation and canceled previous one. The email from Rental cars did not come. Very bad cooperation. I had to make many telephon calls to get informations about my reservations.

“its good”

Written on: 18/08/2022 by MiaMcElroy (1 review written)

It is good and fast and good price I would recommend it to my friends mik

“Terrible company with unsafe cars and bad customer service”

Written on: 31/07/2022 by EdenWeaver1958 (1 review written)

I had a very bad experience with this company. They have no commitment toward time, quality, promises, or communication. Customer service and customer satisfaction is their last concern, the only thing they care for is to take you money regardless of how they take it. The car they gave me does not fit into the category they promised in their contract. I was given a very bad car with the noise allover the place. The tires inflated sign was on and I had to look for a place to fill them up. With an empty (0 tank) petrol tank you have to find the closest petrol station, if you missed it you end up stuck somewhere with no petrol in your car. I rented a car with GPS but no GPS was in the car. After a short drive engine failure sign came up with a warning chime. I had to return the car to them to replace it. They insisted that the car is OK and that was just a problem with the computer! After a long discussion they wanted to give me another car with the same problems. After insisting they agree to give me another car and they promised to reimburse my petrol money back. This took from 11am to 5:30pm to finalize. After returning the car back they refused to give me the petrol money back for stupid reasons. I will never book a car from this company and don't recommend them to anyone.

“OUTLANDISH, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 24/07/2022

THE WORST COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. You cannot correct the time of your pickup car without having a price change. So when i booked this rental i stated 7:00pm pick up per my flight arrival and when i prepaid and received the confirmation it stated from 12pm to 12pm is my pick up and drop off; which is crazy! I try to change it to the correct time that my flight arrives which was the original reservation time and it's charging me more money to pick up later; which is the craziest thing i ever seen in my life. AND what's worst? no customer service number to call and the emails are useless. I will never do this business or recommend this place to anyone

“Tricked by being timely!”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by idraycott (1 review written)

I feel tricked because having made an early booking I modified the pick up/ drop off times by only a few hours to be more precise (without extending the total period) I have now been charged an extra £40 for this. I will avoid using again unless refunded.

“Extortion”

Written on: 24/05/2022 by AnnikaBn (1 review written)

Airlinecompany (SAS) changed the flightdate so I had to change my reservation, pick-up one day after (and same with return). Changed my booking and the price went up 30%. It was expensive to begin with and now this. I feel shocked! Will never ever book a car through rentalcars again!

“awesome service really fast!”

Written on: 11/05/2022 by Griffithcp1994 (1 review written)

awesome customer service really fast and secure

“Rental Cars told me that they no longer support Internet ”

Written on: 12/04/2022 by smbunn (1 review written)

I have been unable to access my account for about a month. Numerous calls and 'chat' sessions have all been unable to resolve this and on my last call I was told to create a new sign in with a new email address for each booking. Log in and book, then print out the booking as I would not be able to log into the site once I had left it. This makes it impossible to use renatlcars.com and I almost lost a $1000 booking as I could not find any record of it (no printout) and no access is available via the internet. It seems rentalcars.com is going back to paper based systems, as 'this new fangled internet' will never catch on. Time to find another provider....

“Good service”

Written on: 08/03/2022 by Downey56 (1 review written)

Relatively easy web site to navigate. Very competitive pricing regime. Have used this service many times and would recommend it.

“Mistake on the serach results”

Written on: 08/03/2022 by MLESSA (1 review written)

I made a search selecting a specific puck up point. The results it gave me was froma different pick up and drop off from what I selected. Although it was written in small letter I did not noticed and confirmed the booking. Immediately after I noticed it was incorrectly booked and made an ammendment, for what I was charged 1,50 euros. Although it it a small amount I consider it an abuse, as it was not what I serched for initialy. I considered canceling the entire booking and use a different supplier, but I was convinced to leave it be and register this complain.

“Could not even verify my account”

Written on: 08/03/2022 by Edwards366 (1 review written)

Booking was easy but setting up an account and verifying it was a total nightmare. Went around in circles. Tried to call and of course could not get through to anyone.

“customer service worse than my rental experience. ”

Written on: 05/12/2021 by ptrhlm (1 review written)

my second review concerning the same rental/experience. i paid $100.13 plus $72 for insurance (both theft and damage) to Rentalcars.com and picked up my car in Veracruz Mexico on October 20 and returned it on the 25th. But i am looking at 3 different charges on my Amex Card for $59.96, $189.53 and $172.13 totaling $421.62 Rentalcars.com suppliers (Keddy Car, Europcar, and Fleet Car) are all billing me for different items and i not sure for what. every time i send an email, with the back-up billing to Rentalcars i get the same response, but from a different person. so far 14 different people have responded to my inquiries. Run don't walk from Rentalcars!

“Problems with Visa card - don't rent a car here!”

Written on: 27/10/2021 by Erik1980 (1 review written)

First of all: This is not a rental company but a broker. Just book directly with a rental company and save yourself a major headache. I had rented a car and paid with my Visa card. When I arrived at the rental desk, my card could not be read and so I was not given a rental car! I was assured by the employee that I would get my money back - he even signed another form for this. I just walked to another rental desk (luckily there are several at the airport) and the credit card magically worked just fine. Strange. So it wasn't my fault I guess. Back home I tried to contact Rentalcars.com. This is a lengthy and frustrating process: difficult or unreachable by telephone and you will only receive a response via the site after a month of waiting. Long story short: I didn't stick to their cancellation policy and so they withhold 3 days of rent. I find it unacceptable that charges have been made when the credit card reader of a rental company they have appointed is not functioning properly. In the normal world you don't have to pay for something that is broken but Rentalcars hides behind their fine print and does not do what is right. I see a lot of similar experiences on various review sites... if only I had read them first! Do you want to book here? DO NOT DO IT!

“Advertised no deposit car hire. Once booked received a...”

Written on: 12/10/2021 by NeverTryToCheatAKingsman (2 reviews written)

Advertised no deposit car hire. Once booked received a collection voucher for pick up at liverpool airport. When arrived at airport no car, was taken 3 miles off site to a business park. When there, a deposit of £2005 was demanded. Rep was unhelpful and unsympathetic. They were well rehearsed in this situation. Refused to cancel my booking. Refused to refund and then left a disabled person stranded 3 miles from the airport. Take the warnings, wish i'd looked at reviews first now, would not of gone near this company if i did. Rentalcars. Com used 3rd party greenmotion car hire who are equally involved in this. Good job i did not pay a deposit because my chances of getting it back were extremely slim according to the negative reviews. The fact you will be required to paty a deposit should be made clear at the start of booking. Rentalcars. Com know you will not be able to collect a car and then claim your payment as a cancellation charge. Read the other reviews on several sites.

“bad customer service”

Written on: 15/09/2021 by saljanahi (1 review written)

you have absolutely a very bad customer service representative .. i think the staff i spoke to needs to go to customer service essential courses to learn how to deal with customers. i am surprised he saying he has the right to end the call coz im not convinced of what he is saying! socked big time and if it was not that i paid i would have cancelled the whole transaction and never come back to rentalcars ever again!

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE APPALLING! ”

Written on: 29/08/2021 by 202Herndon (1 review written)

I have had nothing but trouble with this company. They take over a week to respond to you. I'm still awaiting their next respond. They don't do what they advertise. They have taken full payment for the hire car I have booked a full month before pick up, yet it was advertise as pay at counter on pick up. I was getting so frustrated with them I said cancel the entire booking but they won't refund a $90 deposit which was also not mention. They are based in England although they do have a local number to call in Australia. I had to ring as when I tried to login, you are asked for a 9 digit reference number. On my confirmation email I was only given a 10 digit reference number. I will NEVER use them again & would deter anyone to use them.

“Downgrade - rentalcars.com does not guarantee car category”

Written on: 28/08/2021 by MichalSaj (1 review written)

In May 2021 I booked a Toyota Corolla Sedan with rentalcars.com. At pickup time the local company in Greece informed me that they have a Nissan Pulsar instead. After 15 minutes of convincing them that this is a downgrade, I was left with a choice: go to another company and lose time and money or take Pulsar. So for 30 days my 4-person family had a cheaper, smaller car with smaller engine than the Corolla we paid for. I thought that after the rental we'll be compensated, at the very least returned the price difference between a cheaper Pulsar and Corolla we paid for. I mean, the Pulsar was a lower category car on both rentalcars.com website and in the local company's brochure. But no, rentalcars.com customer service only offered 5% discount for future rental! The worst is that the local company doesn't even have Corollas in their fleet. I was just tricked by rentalcars.com with a nice Corolla Sedan photo.