Naims.co.uk Reviews - www.naims.co.uk

Naims.co.uk  www.naims.co.uk
Naims.co.uk  www.naims.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would...”

Written on: 15/02/2011 by virtualmark2 (8 reviews written)

I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would not recommend them to anyone. Heres why.

I ordered my connection a couple of years ago, paid for my setup and provided my own router. I've had slow speeds at peak times, and have emailed Naims about it. Rather than just admitting that the network is running at peak capacity, they had me perform speed tests with BT. I sent them my results a few times, and didn't hear back from them.

I'm paying over the odds for a sub par connection so i… Read Full Review

Icanhelp's Response to virtualmark2's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

In order to prove there is an issue and if necessary get action from BT wholesale regarding capacity etc on their local circuit . The ISP needs to gather evidence of the speed issue from the official BT speedtester website and these tests need to be run from the connection of the customer concerned at the times the issue occurs.

If a customer leaves the BT infrastructure to join an LLU provider ,e.g. Sky, TalkTalk etc (LLU meaning the ISP essentially use their own network)with out first getting a MAC from their current ISP. BT don't know it is a migration and charge their broadband cancellation fee via the ISP whih is then passed on to the customer.
What isn't clearly pointed out to anyone that joins an LLU service is the fact that, as you are on your ISP's own circuit, you cannot migrate to another ISP Free of Charge. Unless the new ISP agrees to foot the bill for the move in exchange for a long contract of 18 to 24 months.

Read 1 Comment

“I was with Naims for about a year and the service was...”

Written on: 14/08/2008 by hem852 (1 review written)

I was with Naims for about a year and the service was generally very good even if the price is a little high compared to many of the other services available now (I now get phone and Internet for £2 more than I used to pay Naims for just Internet).

I had a major problem getting a fault fixed with the service which took so long to get resolved that I eventually migrated away to a new provider who had the same fault fixed within 2 days of migration. Why Naims couldn't do the same I do not know. I… Read Full Review

Icanhelp's Response to hem852's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Often faults require the customer to carry out some tests locally in order to locate the problem and in turn avoid unnecessary visits by BT engineers, which as many will know are charged for by BT if not necessary. Some ISPs will just request a call out to save them time, knowing if it is not necessary their customer pays the £160 inc VAT.
Although the invoices come from Entanet, if the customer had brought the issue to the attention of Naims customer service they would have sorted the problem out with Entanet. That's what they are there for.

Read 1 Comment

“I pay £47 for the conection I pay the modem and I look...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by magisa (1 review written)

I pay £47 for the conection I pay the modem and I look all the web site nowhere say about 12 months contract only with small letters when you are in the buying process. I don't like Naims they use small letters for the 12 months contract. I went with them because I don't like contract but I find out that I have 12 months contract afterwards. I can download 2 gig every month and after they charge me £2 per gig!… Read Full Review

Icanhelp's Response to magisa's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Naims ( not Names) have only just introduced a 12 month contract and they only apply to their Unlimited Products on ADSL2+ and FTTC products . So this reviewer either has the wrong company or is mistaken.