Panasonic DMC-LZ1 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Panasonic DMC-LZ1 - Ask a question now

“I recommend this camera to anyone looking at buying...”

Written on: 29/12/2006 by CommissarHunt (9 reviews written)

I recommend this camera to anyone looking at buying one. I have had mine a little over a year now, and I am not planning on replacing it anytime soon as it is so much better than my friend's digital cameras. This camera was quite cheap when it was new, and I got it mainly because I wanted a camera with 6 X Optical zoom as I take many long range shots. I find that the Optical Image Stabilizer works really well and I don't need to use a tripod with this camera. I use NiMH batteries as alkalines… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a value for money digital camera,...”

Written on: 16/05/2006 by alvinlwh (31 reviews written)

I was looking for a value for money digital camera, and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ1 was the best value. At a lower price compared to some other brands, it is packed with a useful 6 x zoom and OIS to combat hand shakes. The quality of the photos is fine for the price range. It's only the lack of controls that may turn some people off. The flash is good for such a small package… Read Full Review

“This camera is a godsend! It is a photographer's best...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by MikeD UK (4 reviews written)

This camera is a godsend! It is a photographer's best friend! Even though it is pricey it produces very good quality images. The camera has scenery modes where you can take nightime pictures, sporty pictures etc. Apart from guzzling battery power, anyone who wants a good quality camera should go for this one!… Read Full Review

Alvinlwh's Response to MikeD UK's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

The reasons that it drain batteries so quickly is:
a) it has a relatively big screen
b) you may have set the OIS mode to 1, which is always working, thus draining the batteries quicker.

Miked Uk's Response to MikeD UK's Review

Written on: 22/05/2006

Thanks for your comment :). My OIS is set to MODE 2. I found out that there is a new type of battery called AA Lithium. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries lasts longer than the alkaline one's. I will buy them if they're on offer as they are expensive.

Read 2 Comments