Devitt Insurance Services Reviews - www.devittinsurance.com

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Devitt Insurance Services - www.devittinsurance.com

Devitt Insurance Services - www.devittinsurance.com

“Money taken without consent”

Written on: 24/06/2022 by moderatelyannoyedchapp (1 review written)

I opted out of the autorenew process but still had money taken from my card. I made several attempts to call over several days with no calls being answered. When I did get through, details were taken then placed on hold but caller never came back to the phone. I'm £155 out of pocket with nothing to show as I've taken insurance elsewhere. I cant believe companies can behave like this.

“UTTER JUNK”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by Trevinops164 (1 review written)

On the phone for 2 hrs yesterday, promised a call back (didn't happen) Another 2 hrs on the phone today (told the same as yesterday) This is the worst customer service I have ever been subjected to. Another insurer for me then.

Bobbruce45's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2022

Utter Junk is putting it mildly. I have been trying for 5 days to cancel a renewal which I do not want and now I have been charged.

Read 1 Comment

“Will never use them again.”

Written on: 02/06/2021 by ppaw (1 review written)

Made the mistake of doing insurance on line. went with Cheapest quote, Devitt. The day after the cooling down period they were asking questions about my no claims bonus. This was proved with documentation and they then stated I could not use it as it was already being used on different policy for my other bikes. This would cost extra to the original quote. So I cancelled and they charged me £58 for a weeks insurance.

“Avoid”

Written on: 21/12/2020 by Bridger137 (1 review written)

If you cancel an insuranc eearly in good faith expect to pay heavy fees, unlike other providers I have had, reporting to trading standards I would not recommend this company to anyone and I dread to think what would happen if I need to make a claim for injury Customer services operator was rude when challenged that the fees charged were more than the cost of the outstanding amount

“Used Devitt from the beginning after passing my Mod 2...”

Written on: 30/04/2020 by Fraser96 (1 review written)

Used Devitt from the beginning after passing my Mod 2 back in 2013. it was a fair fully comprehensive price and reduced each year as my no claims increased each year. When I purchased a new bike it was a bit of a shock of the increase but thought ok it's a new model twice the price of my older so was happy with it. Until after 1 year instead of going down as I would have expected with 7 years NCB it shot up another £64 pounds, also about a month earlier I email all companies, Start Rescue, Woodford Motorcycles, Yamaha, and many others, no charges for address change apart from DVLA £55 to renew licence address. But Devitt charged £75 to change the address. I said " you want £75 to type in a different address?" they said yes because of taxes and blah blah blah. I said "cancel the insurance I'll go somewhere else. But a week later they took £614 from my bank. I was fuming and rang them immediately " what part of cancel the insurance don't you understand?" They paid that amount back and I got insured with Swinton Bike Insurance for £145 so I saved £469. I have never had an accident in 43 years of driving, HGV, LGV, vans cars or motorbikes. If I am not a risk then I should get insurance £50 a year, no more. But although Devitt knows my history they are just interested and only forcing you to pay their charges. Not recommended, stay away.

“Policy renewal - all done by email/web so no real cost...”

Written on: 31/03/2020 by Hahnty450 (1 review written)

Policy renewal - all done by email/web so no real cost for them. Premium increased by 1.5% renewal fee increased by 66%. £25 renewal fee on a £95 policy.

“This will blow your head off. ”

Written on: 08/03/2019 by mab16 (2 reviews written)

I’m an existing customer with devitt for several years & have had a good claim free history & I’m a sad 58 yrs old! My renewal came up & suprise suprise I get a letter saying they can’t get me cover so basically get lost! Following me wasting much time devitt basically confirm they were wrong & they quote me a whopping £700 when my last yrs of history has been £365-430, are they serious! apparently yes. So again I get on the web & see a nice quote from BMW motoraad for £379, lovelee jublee, then I see the contact number is devitt!! So I ring em & ask why I can secure a quote £320 less then they can & they are a broker & by the way my cheaper quote is through them from another comparison site. The lovely lady said apparently they can’t cross sell or something that I didn’t understand. Anyway I’ve paid em & it’s sorted, how weird is that??!! Still don’t get it, but £320 in my bin is more then welcome. Oh Devitt sort yourself out & do your job, simples...........

“How to exploit Bikers by Devitt”

Written on: 30/10/2018 by EvieSelf (1 review written)

To anyone who is a new rider or just at the beginning of their motorcycle career I would give a very strong warning....Don't insure yourself through this company of brokers. I purchased Class 1 Business insurance with Devitt in June 2018 on a 125cc motorcycle. I passed my MOD 1 & 2 in July but stayed on the 125 until I had decided which bike to upgrade to. Contacted Devitt on this week to change to a BMW G310R that I have purchased, just awaiting delivery. I was initially informed that I would not be able to be insured on this motorbike but they would look into it further. So I pay to have a factory Data TracKing GPS fitted and order Thatcham approved Mammoth Disk Lock and Mammoth heavy duty chain thinking that level of added security would help.....WRONG...not even when I arranged to park the bike in a storage garage locally (that holds thousands of pounds of company equipment) overnight. I was instead offered a new policy at a very very high market rate, almost double other quotes I've received. Oh and I would need to cancel my existing policy to be able to use my three years No Claims Bonus which would lead to cancellation charges. So a day before I receive my beautiful new ride instead of a smile I have a pain in the neck. I would say be very wary of a company who claims to have been supporting bikers since 1936 but clearly is unable to help newbies....

“Great!”

Written on: 04/09/2018 by xIconikkx (1 review written)

Bought quote online, insurance started straight away. Very cheap price which I am really happy about!

“motorcycle insurance”

Written on: 07/07/2018 by Cadence263 (1 review written)

I have sold my bike so cancelled insurance with 7 months to go. Ended up paying more in cancellation fees than hole cost of insurance. Had this insurance 3 years running and never made a claim.

“excellent customer services”

Written on: 04/05/2018 by Sioux681 (1 review written)

I am not yet a customer, awaiting renewal quote from benetts. Started looking at reviews for MC insurance and came across Devitt. After reading positive reviews, but didn't come across any 9After the event of a claim) I sent an e-mail requesting information on underwriters, third party organisers etc, should a claim ever be made. "They're all good if you don't need them, rather I didn't, but in case I ever do". Pleased to hear underwriters with "household" names as such, but even more pleased to hear arrangements sit with 4th Dimension. Received telephone call to answer my questions with 24 hours. Helpful, professional and courteous. Thank you Regards

“A great deal offered!”

Written on: 18/04/2018 by way1ander (1 review written)

Really happy with deal I received. Much cheaper quote for cover than the other companies. The compulsory excess was the deal maker, £400 compared to the £2000, on a brand new X-Max being offered by tall the other insurance companies. I had no problem with problem with my NCD. Hopefully will get the same consideration when it comes to renewal nest year!

“Good service overall”

Written on: 18/04/2018

Have insured through Devitt for. A few years now. Very good on price and alterations to policy adding or changing bikes. Recommended.

“Hassle free renewal at a great price.”

Written on: 13/04/2018 by Stack475 (1 review written)

2nd year of being insured with Devitt. Expected the price to go up and it went down.

“Insurance renewal”

Written on: 13/04/2018

Unusually my renewal this year for my small scooter insurance through Devitt waswslightly lower than the first year. Good news. The renewal process itself was absolutely flawless: efficient, harrassment free and speedy with no issues at all on email of information. I look forward to nest year's renewal.

“Seems good ”

Written on: 12/04/2018 by vsRoss55 (1 review written)

Was easy and quick to set up a policy with them thumbs up

“Excellent Service”

Written on: 12/04/2018 by Moore378 (1 review written)

I found the whole process very easy to use and the great prices are a major plus. They also keep in touch with regular E mails which I also like.

“By far the best.”

Written on: 10/04/2018 by mikecallaghan (1 review written)

By far the best quote for me. Customer service great. Sent my verification documents via email and was fully legal same day.Would recommend to any prospective purchaser.Process was simple and quick.

“Shop around but keep coming back”

Written on: 09/04/2018 by davemwilliams (1 review written)

I've been biking since 2010, and every year I've shopped around for better prices, and I've read up on service received by those who've made claims (I've not had any accidents to claim against yet) and I've always ended up back with Devitt. Great customer service in every interaction I've made, and enough positive feedback from those who have claimed that I feel confident that they'll help me when/if I ever need them to.

“Happy, so far”

Written on: 09/04/2018 by LeoAllen251 (1 review written)

Pleased with the price, so much cheaper than my previous insurer. No issues with supplying my NCD information. Yet to see how much I'll be quoted for renewal next time.