Easy Car Rental Reviews - www.easycar.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“fleeced”

Written on: 05/07/2014

We rented from FireFly at Lyon Airport via EasyCar last February; we drove the car from the airport to our destination, where it was parked for 9 days, then drove it back. There was not a crumb in that car yet we were charged for "specialised cleaning". Neither FireFly nor EasyCar were in any way helpful in dealing with our complaint. Also we were overcharged for fuel. Will not rent via EasyCar again… Read Full Review

“Missing car”

Written on: 29/05/2011

I'll have to break the trend here and say I actually got quite good service from Easycar. When I arrived at Edinburgh Airport to collect a car from Budget/Thrifty Rentals, which had been booked through Easycar, there was none. Nor could Easycar be contacted as they were closed for a public holiday. Budget had no record of the booking, and I was forced to rent another, more expensive car. However, Easycar have since surprised me by refunding the cost of my booking and also the extra money I had… Read Full Review

“I rented a car with EasyCar on Cyprus, Larnaca Airport...”

Written on: 01/09/2010

I rented a car with EasyCar on Cyprus, Larnaca Airport in August 2010 for 2 weeks. It was one of the lowest prices I could find with an 24hours office directly in airport (it was essential for me, as many local car rentals were situated near the airport (2-3 km from) - not the best variant, and international car rentals were far more expensive)

I was really shoked with feedbacks of other customers posted here (I red them after booking the car, and almost decided to cancel the order but… Read Full Review

Taplowman's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2010

The problem with companies like Easy Car is that they are agents ONLY i.e. they arrange your car hire through a third party and it's entirely "pot luck" as to who you get.
<br/>
<br/>In this instance, the hirer was allocated a car from Europcar - a perfectly reputable company. The problems begin when Easy Car chooses a non-reputable "partner" (like we experienced in Spain).
<br/>
<br/>I maintain that during the booking process, the potential customer ought to be aware of the end partner so that they can make an informed decision one way or the other - that's not the case at the moment, this information is only given once the booking is completed.

Taplowman's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2010

What you have to realise is that Easycar are only agents and therefore at the time of making the agreement, you have no idea who the eventual hire company is going to be. If the company turns out to be Europcar or one of the other major players then you are reasonably safe. If , like us, the company turns out to be one that was in administration last December and who openly admits that they can't afford to repair their fleet, then you have a problem!
<br/>
<br/>What I'm looking for is some transparency from the car hire agents (like Easy Car) in that they tell you who the ultimate company is going to be BEFORE you finalise the deal. You could then carry out checks on the company and make an informed decision

Read 2 Comments