Fuji Finepix 6900 Reviews

• Image Quality

Fuji Finepix 6900 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fuji Finepix 6900

Fuji Finepix 6900

“A great camera. I would recommend it to anyone who...”

Written on: 23/08/2008

A great camera. I would recommend it to anyone who wants high quality digital images… Read Full Review

“I have had the Fuji Finepix 6900 camera for only a...”

Written on: 21/09/2003 by ash (1 review written)

I have had the Fuji Finepix 6900 camera for only a couple of days and i must say that i am very impressed. The feel of it oozes quality as soon as you pic it up. Top quality pics with an amazing zoom capability not only when you take the pic but zooming and chopping on the lcd is a joy. I'm sure there are plenty of other cameras out there that give as good results, but for me, this really is cool. I read many reviews on this camera before purchasing, but dont believe the one's about short… Read Full Review

“As I said in the good points, I am disabled and I find...”

Written on: 07/04/2003 by Clint. (1 review written)

As I said in the good points, I am disabled and I find the Fuji 6900 so easy to handle, I cant lift my arms up to my eyes, so the little screen is fantastic for me to handle, and the quality of the pictures is so good… Read Full Review

“As you can tell I am not the person that you want to...”

Written on: 10/03/2003 by Ajax. (1 review written)

As you can tell I am not the person that you want to talk with if you are interested in purchasing this camera! Maybe I got the one that was made at 4:45 on Friday. Hopefully everyone that owns one of these cameras does not have the same problems and if they should, I hope that they will not be as vexed as I have been. The fact that the picture quality has been diminishing on my camera leads me to believe that it is some kind of defect. I am glad to finally wash my hands of this… Read Full Review

Dullwit.'s Response to Ajax.'s Review

Written on: 27/05/2003

I don't agree about the DARK pictures..I find the flash facility and the pics that this takes very good. You must have a duff one I'd say?
<br>
<br>I do agree with the time lag though. Especially in flash mode...it sometimes takes forever to reset before allowing another shot to be taken..even when fully charged up? LIkewise when takeing shots of a HIGH setting, the camera suffers with time delay, inbetween each shot.
<br>
<br>However, I find it a great camera none the less.

Read 1 Comment

“I've owned this camera for over a year now and taken...”

Written on: 28/01/2003 by Naadir Akhtar. (1 review written)

I've owned this camera for over a year now and taken about 2000 shots. The quality of the photos is excellent most of the time and can print up to A4 or even larger with ease on my Epson 895. I am not a professional, but I would keep this camera for a long time as it's amazing… Read Full Review

Striderwilraw's Response to 68686_Naadir Akhtar.'s Review

Written on: 12/04/2005

The timed function on this camera is 10 secs not 3 secs you just have to press the timer mode again and it changes to 10 secs.

Read 1 Comment

“This Fuji Finepix 6900 is my third digital camera and...”

Written on: 28/04/2002 by peter. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 6900 is my third digital camera and by far the most sophisticated yet. It will certainly allow you to do just about anything you wish, but can equally double as a 'point & shoot' camera for the faint hearted. Maybe I have been unlucky, but my first 6900 has just had to be replaced with a new one after only two months. The first one went completely haywire and would change modes mid-shot of its own accord..I am praying for more luck with this one!I personally only use the 3M… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix 6900 is a fine digital camera, but...”

Written on: 26/03/2002 by socode. (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix 6900 is a fine digital camera, but unfortunately with some niggles. The image quality is exceptional in good light, but the electronic viewfinder is disappointing… Read Full Review

“I recently did a trial shoot for a prospective client...”

Written on: 20/03/2002 by tonymidd. (1 review written)

I recently did a trial shoot for a prospective client and used my Fuji Finepix 6900 digital camera and a Hassleblad side by side, guess which set of A4 images they selected! If the 6900 can hold it's own against the 'blad it can't be bad. Yes the viewfinder is not the worlds best but you can see what you are taking and the enlarged center for fine focussing is a boon. All in all a super camera… Read Full Review

“The Finepix 6900 digital camera from Fuji is very...”

Written on: 13/01/2002 by Mark. (1 review written)

The Finepix 6900 digital camera from Fuji is very light, and yet packed with features that should satisfy semi pro's as well as amatures who want excellent quality and are prepared to pay for it.
The 6 mega pixel claim is justified...printing full A4 size shots in superb quality output...get a decent printer though!
I think the LCD display could be better under darker situations...but otherwise super quality....great thrill to show off the optical zoom and the quality of the pixels in your… Read Full Review

9853_Viper Viking.'s Response to 9347_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 17/01/2002

I have been taking pictures for the past 25 years and consider myself a proficient photographer and I just recently bought the 6900z. I can only concur with the results of this review, it's an outstanding camera, and the quality of the photos taken, will undoubtedly surprise most people used to take pictures with film SLR's.

Read 1 Comment

“I originally bought the Fuji 6800 as my first digital...”

Written on: 15/11/2001 by Philip Pound. (1 review written)

I originally bought the Fuji 6800 as my first digital camera. I really liked its picture quality and size but saw it as a digital competitor of the Olympus Trip that I have rather than an alternative to my Olympus OM2N SLR camera. I really wanted something that had high picture quality, could take pictures at various shutter speeds and apertures and had a good zoom capability. I sent my Fuji 6800 back and bought the 6900 instead. I am delighted with the purchase. For not much more money the… Read Full Review

“Read loads about digital cameras and saw this one...”

Written on: 10/11/2001 by Daniel Jordan. (1 review written)

Read loads about digital cameras and saw this one recommended as a best buy in loads of places .... and can see why. It is excellent. Am very pleased indeed with it and it is extremely easy to use with a good 'feel' making it better to use than a compact… Read Full Review

“Although I purchased an extra battery I have not found...”

Written on: 26/10/2001 by John Clay. (1 review written)

Although I purchased an extra battery I have not found a need for it yet - excellent life.
Ability to use the electronic view finder for preview etc rather than lcd screen a good battery saving option.
Card reader is a must for downloading.
Eventually found a scart adaptor to view direct from camera to television despite most dealers advising of unavailability. Only a fiver from a specialist local DIY electrical outlet.
Persevere with vast array of features - promise you it is well worth… Read Full Review

“After using film SLR's for many years on an amateur...”

Written on: 02/10/2001 by Jim Shuker. (1 review written)

After using film SLR's for many years on an amateur basis I have taken my time selecting a digital camera that can compete with the flexibility of film. The Fuji 6900 has proved to be an excellent choice and at a fraction of the cost of its competitors with similar features. You won't be disappointed with this digital camera… Read Full Review

“I have had a Minolta Dynax SLR camera for as long as I...”

Written on: 07/09/2001 by Ian Marshall. (1 review written)

I have had a Minolta Dynax SLR camera for as long as I can remember and bought a Fuji MX-1700 digital camera last year. I kept the Minolta for special occasions due to the increased zoom/photo quality and features but have now sold both cameras and bought the Fuji 6900.

I am very impressed with the camera which has all the features I had with my Minolta.

The fully auto mode is great for when you just want to take a picture and the shutter/aperture priority and manual modes are great for when… Read Full Review

“The Fuji finepix 6900 is the first digital camera I...”

Written on: 05/09/2001 by patrick mooney. (1 review written)

The Fuji finepix 6900 is the first digital camera I have used. I have read loads of reviews so i decided on a more advanced camera to learn with. I am very very pleased with the fuji. It has loads of features to get the best pictures from diferent situations and light sources. I found the battery life ok as long as you don't use it as a toy. Extra memory cards are a must so add them to the price or get a package. The only bad point I found were night shots which I am still trying to master… Read Full Review

“I am very new to Digital Photography and have very...”

Written on: 31/08/2001 by David Foster. (1 review written)

I am very new to Digital Photography and have very limited experience with conventional cameras. I was very interested in buying a digital camera, having seen the quality rise & price fall.
I read half a dozen magazines before deciding on the Fuji 6900. I thought I had bought the best of the near professional models.
The quality & handling are superb - very easy & light.
The controls, once you master them are a doddle (even for me!) The rear LCD screen is excellent. The print quality onto A4… Read Full Review

“I've had it 24 hrs now and it's amazing, i recommend...”

Written on: 30/06/2001 by Legion. (1 review written)

I've had it 24 hrs now and it's amazing, i recommend that you buy a 64mb sm card immediately otherwise you won't get the benefit of this camera's potential, you can take pics about 1 a second, so you really can catch the action, the autofocus is perhaps a little slow but accurate. to give you an idea of how good it is, i took the first 30 frames, was really impressed then noticed that the default is 1M pixel image, it's that good. When you go to 6Mpixel, you can really crop say 1/4 of the frame… Read Full Review

3557_Adam.'s Response to 2696_Legion.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2001

I just got my camera 3 weeks ago and it's the best for the money. I print 8x10 pictures on Canon S800 and they're tack sharp. Mostly, I use Fine resolution setting and take 53 images on 128 MB card. Suggest to get some filters and 128 MB smart media card.
<br>Very happy with this camera. I have been taking pics for about 30 years now.
<br>AMAZING! Can't wait for higher resolution cameras 20 megapixels at reasonable prices.
<br>I got my for $719.00 in New York.