Enterprise Car Rental Reviews

Enterprise Car Rental - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Enterprise Car Rental

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

“MisRepresentations galore - Avoid”

Written on: 18/11/2022 by Karlie279 (1 review written)

The Company excels at misRepresentation and deserves to be avoided. No where on its website does it detail the swinging insurance that I was only advised of on vehicle collection. I went back and studied teh website after returning the vehicle, it was not even hidden and the video that explains why they have an excess never mentions the figures, or how limited the cover is if you don't take tehir over-priced insurance up-sell. If you don't take their over-priced excess cover, from other reviews on trustpilot and here on review center it does seem that you should expect to be billed £££. It was obvious that when I came to check that van back in they were going to be looking for damage, and even the smallest most trivial chip to the paint might cost mega bucks. their £1750 excess policy is per scratch spotted, not per rental, something emphasized by the rep, but never mentioned on the website. Once I realized it was possible to be billed as much as £10k and still be below the "cover excess" I realised that there was no choice but to cancel a job (not an option) or take their excessively expensive excess cover. Okay, take their excess insurance - but at £35/day it is excessive, it added £70 to a rental that was quoted to me at £140 odd. No where on their website does it state that the supposedly fully comp insurance does not exist - its not even mentioned in the video about the excess amount. If you do not take their cover you could be liable for £10_000,'s. The £1750 excess limit is per scratch etc. Suppose you had a small knock, if the car bodywork got scratched, the Tyre was damaged (not necessary burst, just scuffed), the front light broken along with the wing mirror broken, and the windscreen got cracked you could be charged up to £1750 per item - on the above the limit it could be as much as £8 750.

“Took money out my account for unreasonable reasons”

Written on: 14/11/2022

Expensive rental. They also charged me 2 x €25 admin fees for 2 parking tickets I received. I payed to the authorities €70 straight away. Then Enterprise emailed me with €50 total admin fees, FOR WHAT! Forwarding me some e-mails. What a joke. Avoid this company. There was also a 30 minute wait to collect my car in an un air conditioned hot little building, even though I had pre booked.

“Old high milage cars at premium prices”

Written on: 17/10/2022 by Maeve411 (1 review written)

I rented a car from Enterprise Paphos airport on 5/10/22. The car had numerous dents and scratches which I photographed + had 114,000Km on clock and was 10 yrs old.. After a couple of days the car developed several faults 1. The tyre pressure alarm came on. 2. the headlight glass was clouded as if it was sand blasted. Worst of all there was shuddering from brake pedal when braking. When I phoned the company expressing my concerns about the safety of the car I was told the car was safe to drive???. Later that day the car was replaced with another with only 100,000km on the clock and fewer dents and scratches and was 8 yrs old. It drove ok for the remainder of the rental period When the car was returned on 12/10/2022, I was informed that there was nothing wrong with the first car and the following reasons given. 1. The tyre pressure warning came on because of the high temperatures experienced in Cyprus( Are they serious!!). 2. The sun 'bleaches' the headlight glass(haha) 3. No explanation was given for the shuddering from brake pedal. The reason for having high milage cars is of course Covid.(Haha). They of course had no opportunity to replace their already old car pre covid. In summary a company to avoid.

“Unscrupulous, unprofessional, unfair”

Written on: 11/10/2022 by Aryanam145 (1 review written)

Stay away from this unprofessional organisation. They charged me £200 for a very small crack in an old worn out tire with 1.6mm of tread on it (barely legal minimum in the UK) despite their own policy which says all cars must have at least 3mm of tread. As I only travelled 550miles the tyres could not have possibly been accurately checked prior to renting to me. The crack in the tyre (which is quite normal for worn out tyres at the end of its life) appears to have been there for some time - well before my hire. This was a targeted, unscrupulous, penny pinching exercise because I refused their expensive 'tyre and windscreen' insurance with no reasonable grounds. Be aware - be very careful.

“Money making by heavy sales on extra insurance ”

Written on: 09/08/2022 by Paulh2004 (1 review written)

Whatever you do try every other van rental company before committing to Enterprise, you get quoted one price but god help you if your just someone wanting to move some furniture. On pick up day they come in for the kill, have you thought about the extra insurance * If you get a chip on the windscreen = £1000 * any scuffs = £1000 * If you have a puncture = £1000 So yes I paid the extra insurance of £30 a day, we hired the va Fri to Monday, I felt totally blackmailed into buying the insurance. You then get pestered into giving a five star review with the salesman saying he is monitored by head office. I said I couldn’t fill the survey in and didn’t. Enterprise advertise on social media and if you complain they say private message with ever detail under the sun. “You’re wasting your time” I’ve been waiting going on 4 weeks with plenty of reminders. Would absolutely not recommend Enterprise to anyone

Enterprisecares's Response to Paulh2004's Review

Written on: 23/08/2022

Thank you for your review. If you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email care(at)enterprise.com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number and the details of your experience stated above. -KB

Read 1 Comment

“Incompetent and poor customer service”

Written on: 21/07/2022 by yiCannon80 (1 review written)

We have an insurance courtesy car provided by Enterprise. They were also supposed to deal with my non-fault claim to the third party insurer. I have had to call their customer service a few times and each time have to wait in a call hold queue for anything from 30 mins up to over 2 hours before I get through to anyone. Enterprise were supposed to arrange engineers to view my damaged car. 6 weeks after the accident, nothing had happened and they still had not even worked out where the car was, let alone evaluated it for repair. I had to ring around and chase that up for them in the end as they did absolutely nothing. They are unable to answer simple questions about my claim and their service. e.g. I called to find out who provided the insurance on the courtesy car and what level of cover was provided. No-one knew the answer.

Written on: 23/08/2022

“Disgrace to Deal with”

Written on: 11/06/2022 by LouisLamb126 (1 review written)

I was given a car by my insurance company through enterprise. I had the car picked up and then after 3 months suddenly got an email requesting payment of £200 for damage to the car. I was astounded firstly as their was no damage and secondly at the timescale I contacted my insurer who had organised the rental they said they received contact from enterprise but no evidence and when none was coming closed the file dure to the time lapse Enterprise emailed photographs of the damage which is on the pictures I have when I received the car and were sent over 3 months after I hired it These points have been sent to Enterprise but they havent responded until they sent a request for payment. They are not addressing the points raised I have further evidence support The whole thing and timescale dont make sense I need an adult response from Enterprise or will have to report them The reviews are appalling and these dubious practices need addressing. Every email they send is at 10 pm at night. The whole thing has caused unnecessary stress and their lives and incompetence is clear . Ultimately they need to respond to my emails in a professional manner rather then using bullying tactics. I would never use them again and would advice other people to follow suit. If this continues I will be complaining to my insurance company and advising them to refrain from using Enterprise and suggest the many people who have similar issues do the same. Equally I will be reporting them to BVRLA

Written on: 12/07/2022

We'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email care(at)enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. –KB

Read 1 Comment

“Can't do their job tell you lies then charge you £500...”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by Fagan462 (1 review written)

Can't do their job tell you lies then charge you £500 for it!! Avoid!!!

Written on: 12/07/2022

Read 1 Comment

“My car was in for a Warranty repair so the...”

Written on: 14/09/2021 by 47SMXP (1 review written)

My car was in for a Warranty repair so the Manufacturer (Kia) arranged a hire care for me to use from Enterprise. The car was delivered a day later than advised by Kia, due to lack of availability. I returned the hire car to the Kia agent on a Friday afternoon, and handed the keys to the Repairs team. There was noboby to inspect the car so I took photographs of each door and the rear and front. On the following Monday, 3 days later, I got a Claim for Damage with a Damage Report showing that "Passenger Rear Door : Scratch-scratch through the paint on rear left side,Dent-dent on rear left side" I emailed the photos to the Damage Recovery Unit and heard nothing further until I phoned them 8 days later, apparently there is a note on the file that they should not pursue the claim. I would like to know why Enterrprise raised a claim for damage 3 days after I had returned the car, and why they didn't have the courtesy to let me know the claom had been dropped.

Enterprisecares's Response to 47SMXP's Review

Written on: 28/09/2021

Thank you for your review. If you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number and the details of your experience stated above. Thanks. - ED

“Beware”

Written on: 18/03/2021 by ShaneHare (1 review written)

Rented a van from them. The van was covered in small scratches, and several debts and I pointed as many out as I could when I collected the van. I was told they were all under the size and nothing to worry about. Get the van back to them and they suddenly spot a small looking scratch on the front bumper and home in on it. The scratch was apparently bigger than their tool, but under the bumper where it couldn't be seen - the small area that you could actually see was way smaller than the acceptable limit. They accused me of the damage (which I didn't cause, and was clearly related to existing damage that I had noted in the morning when I collected it) and proceeded to charge nearly £900 to my card - which I had specifically told them they were not authorised to do as I was contesting their claim. Don't trust them. I made the mistake of not photographing everything before I set off.

Enterprisecares's Response to ShaneHare's Review

Written on: 05/04/2021

We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email, include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.

ED

Captain-Fizz's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2022

Much like my experience with the company - a few years ago they were great, now they black mail people with insurance on-sale that is 50% on top of what the rental was, and it was obvious they'd be looking very carefully for anything to bill as "damage".

“Amazing”

Written on: 24/02/2021 by southgateandy (1 review written)

Absolutely over the moon with the help from enterprise Hatfield team two guys went above and beyond to cater for our special needs son found us multiple cars to choose from highly recommend thanks  :)

Enterprisecares's Response to southgateandy's Review

Written on: 05/04/2021

We really appreciate your feedback! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day! - ED

Read 1 Comment

“American customer service, you are having a Giraffe!³”

Written on: 05/12/2020 by BlakeHolland (1 review written)

Despite high profile advertising extolling merits of American customer service, do not be fooled. They will hide behind small print and get as many additional charges as possible from you. American customer service was good decades ago, no more!!

Written on: 17/12/2020

We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care(at)enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
SP

Read 1 Comment

“You need to read this.”

Written on: 06/08/2020 by JeremyT1984 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted. I booked a van to move house - took a day off, met a friend in Derby to make the move, and drove from Rotherham. Only paid for storage until today, based upon Enterprise agreeing the rental online. I get there, and I'm told that computer says no. I apparently failed some sort of address check. I've been at my address for 2 years, I am on the electoral roll and my bank statements and driving license are all registered to my address. I phoned another company, who informed me that ENTERPRISE OVERBOOK THE NUMBER OF CARS AND VANS THEY RENT AND USE THIS 'ADDRESS CHECK' WHEN THEY RUN OUT OF VANS. I also phoned Europcar, and I passed their 'check' instantly. They refused to budge. Apparently I only scored a '1'. They didn't elaborate on what that meant. To say they let me down is an understatement - it was a disaster. They claimed that they phoned me in advance to tell me. You guessed it - I received no contact from them. Go anywhere but here. I ended up, after a nightmare, using Atwal's in Normanton, Derby - they were very good.

Enterprisecares's Response to JeremyT1984's Review

Written on: 24/09/2020

SP

“Beware Hidden Costs!!!”

Written on: 29/01/2020 by Fitzpatrickae242 (1 review written)

Cost of repairing the small mirror on the wing mirror £267!! Total cost of 1 days van hire £368. Do not use this company, customer service terrible and it has taken them 3 weeks to replace a small mirror.

Written on: 31/01/2020

NE

Read 1 Comment

“Be Aware--- Enterprise- Midway Road, Addison, Texas”

Written on: 04/11/2019 by lsbcpa00 (1 review written)

I want to post a warning regarding Enterprise Car Rental (off Midway--Addison). I understand everyone has their own experience. Mine was very poor. I called Enterprise reservations, after I setup my car repairs apt. I reserved a car, based on what the insurance company told Enterprise, my auto policy and what I told Enterprise. I went to pick up the rental car, after dropping off my car for the repairs. I called to check on the status of my car repairs, then I called Enterprise to extend the lease period. I was told, at that time, I would owe $70+.....after I had been told by Enterprise the leased car was less than what insurance covered. I immediately went and got a different car and made them promise that all of their fees and the rental cost would be totally covered by insurance. I was told, at that time, that with the lesser car, I would get a credit to offset the charges of the first car. This was another untrue statement, to add to the growing list of untruths that I was told. My insurance company called Enterprise, after my car repairs were complete, Enterprise told them, after telling me, that they were issuing a credit. After waiting and receiving my credit card statement, there was no credit. I called Enterprise, again, and they are not issuing a credit. I was told by the car repair vendor, after I picked up my car, that they had several previous clients that had similar issues with this Enterprise location, and had taken it upon themselves to get one employee fired and will not be sending their clients to Enterprise, going forward. I will not be using Enterprise services going forward either.

Enterprisecares's Response to lsbcpa00's Review

Written on: 21/02/2020

We'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please contact us with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – SP

“Poitirs, France”

Written on: 09/09/2019 by Rayqz489 (1 review written)

Recently rented a car from Poitiers, France. Returned it undamaged before opening hours (as arranged) only to receive an email ten hours later when we were back in the UK saying that the car was damaged. They've taken 1000 euros from our credit card but keep failing to send photos of the damage and a repair invoice. We've emailed them 4x, phoned twice (where they've promised to send photos immediately), but nothing. Our fault for not videoing or photographing the car when we returned it, I guess. But steer clear of Enterprise.

Written on: 17/09/2019

Thank you for your review. We'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email us with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Read 1 Comment

“Hidden costs, dubious methods”

Written on: 05/08/2019 by 341McCain (1 review written)

Enterprise advertise 'no hidden costs'. In fact there is a £1000 excess for even the most minor damage and this is multiplied for each damage , so three 'dings' equals £3000. Their damage waiver insurance is pretty much as expensive as the hire cost itself but still leaves an excess to pay. The agent 'noticed' a small screw in a tyre, which may even have been there when we picked up the vehicle if it was in the tyre in contact with the ground. There is no puncture, so a tyre repair would cost no more than £50 and yet they have taken £300 from our account. It seems that finding small problems, creating a need for repair at huge expense is a money-making scheme for Enterprise - just read the articles by The Telegraph and Which.

Written on: 17/09/2019

We'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please contact us with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Written on: 27/09/2019

Please follow the instructions on our site to contact us or send us your contact information, rental office location, your rental agreement and reservation number along with the above details. Thank you! - Carol H.

“Overcharged ”

Written on: 21/05/2019 by brianfindley (1 review written)

I had a car rented it was delivered back early , they charged an extra insurance they said I would get a refund , 4 idiots have phoned me and said my refund was on its way after 5 weeks still nothing Rubbish company to deal with , avoid this company as they just overcharge you and you cant get it back

Enterprisecares's Response to brianfindley's Review

Written on: 17/09/2019

We'd like the chance to address this with you directly.We are waiting to hear from you. Please include your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2019

Please follow the information on our site to contact us with your full details, exact office, rental agreement or reservation number, and your contact information.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing more from you soon. - Carol H.

“very dirty car”

Written on: 22/03/2019 by Destiney500 (1 review written)

for the first time in my life i have rented a car from enterprise. it was a very bad experience. I made a reservation on your website rental agreement at your calgary downtown location. when i came there everyone was smiling, trying to shake my hand and offering cookies. i thought that they were friendly but it turned out it was all fake. it took a long time before one employee walked me to the van at the parking lot. he had already ALL of my information from my online reservation. nevertheless he walked me to the van and then walked me back to the office for the 'paperwork'. i found that very weird and very backwards. i have rented from hertz, avis and alamo maybe a hundred times before and never had such a weird experience. it turned out that it should become much worse: finally after a long time i got the key to the van and when i checked the loading deck of the van i saw that it was full of sand, three or four bags of sand were still inside the van, half open with sand running out everywhere. the van was extremely dirty. i went back to the office and told them about the sand. when the guy who walked me to the van saw the sand all over the van he did not look much surprised. he asked me if i wanted to have the van cleaned. i asked him how long this would take. he said it would take only five minutes. i agreed but i was already kind of upset. why does enterprise rent dirty cars, i mean extremely dirty cars to customers? why does enterprise not check the cars BEFORE they are rented to a customer? i never had a dirty car from hertz, avis or alamo. those cars are always very clean. so they took the truck to the cleaning station. i did not trust my eyes. the cleaner was using a brush which they used in the 1970's in third world countries. i did not say anything, just stood besides the van and waited until he finished. i checked the van and found still lots of sand everywhere. i told him that this was not clean and even showed him the remaining sand. i recommended to use a strong vacuum cleaner, not a brush which looks like the one witches use in fairy tales to ride on them. the cleaner showed a very bad attitude. he was rolling his eyeballs on me. i went inside the office and asked the employee outside to show him how dirty the van still was. he agreed and ordered the cleaners to wash the sand off with pressure washers. it took another five minutes and i got a fairly clean van to drive off. all of the loading platform was wet. they did not dry it. i had to wait for half an hour before it was dry and i could load my belongings on it. i returned the van after a few hours after having done my transport. i refueled it generously. when i got the van the tank was less than half empty ( i took a photo). also that is very unusual and not honest. hertz, avis and alamo only gave me cars with a full tank. it is easy to refuel when the tank is full but when it is less than half empty the customer is inconvenienced because he has to calculate the mileage, he has to know the fuel consumption and then he can decide how much to refuel. very, very inconvenient for the customer! when i tried to return the van i stopped in front of the cleaning station. the guy cleaning the car told me in a very unfriendly tone that i could not park there. he was very rude. the office was full with people. all employees were busy and i had to wait again. finally an employee came to check on the van. he asked me to follow him inside the office. after he had done the electronic paperwork he asked me if i needed a print which i denied. i signed with my finger. i said thank you and have a nice day. he said nothing. this was by far the worst rental car experience in my life!! a horrible experience overall.

Written on: 21/04/2020

We'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please contact us with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you-CM

“not good”

Written on: 14/11/2018 by Chavezaz371 (1 review written)

Booked car on line last minute Friday for family trip to London paid with credit card in my wifes name all was ok got ususl messages time to pick car up location ect. said payment taken just go get keys get going so Monday go with family to get the car and get there the staff in leeds depo was rude didn't even say morning or look up asked for my licence then stopped said I cant drive car as I paid in wifes name not mine but all forms filled ok with my name my details said sorry cant help you good by next customer ??????? so I went to avis who were amazing and I was on road in ten mins .... so to put icing on the cake ENTERPRISE took deposit for car and rental cost out of my bank even tho I never even held the keys for there car let alone signed any thing. and now two weeks on still no apology or refund they are just shocking as a firm I will never ues them again and every person I know I say don't use WORD OF MOUTH VERY POWERFULL like the words sorry

Written on: 21/04/2020

Asked by Verrine on 2nd August 2015 Report this content
Has anybody had any experience with Enterprise in Exeter, UK? Thank you!

Answers (2)
Report this content allenhill431 Written on: 03/08/2015
No but based on my experience and the reviews countrywide they are much the same, be very cautious if you decide to use them. Don't buy the extra insurance but check the car throughly before accepting, photograph any scrapes, scratches. Be 100% sure all existing defects are documented before accepting.
Report this content s.ghosh Written on: 03/08/2015
Not hired a car from Exeter branch, but as per my experience, do not rent any damaged car. If you are left with no option but rent, any dent, no matter how small, do take a picture and take it in writing to avoid further confrontation. Have a safe journey.
Asked by colinw57 on 10th July 2015 Report this content
How many people have been charged for damage after returning hire vehicles?

Answers (6)
Report this content j.knowles Written on: 13/07/2015
If you read the reviews you will see it seems to be almost standard practice by enterprise. I fought mine via my credit card company & won but it took 5 months to achieve. I will not be using enterprise ever again. They are a total disgrace.
Report this content Homerjc1 Written on: 13/07/2015
From looking at this site it dors seem to be a lot of people are charged, however they are a very large worldwide company, when i had my problem in the uk with entrrprise i had no help at all from the birmingham airport office, so i phoned the U.S head office and within 24 hrs had the birmingham area manager on the phone with myself and the money returned within 48 hrs. . I have use enterprise uk since this at east midlands airport with no problems. From my experience i have used them in several uk airport locations all with first class service and no problems on return with the exception of birmingham airport where in my opinion the staff were rude un helpfull and just out to make a few pounds and would never use that office again. Hope this helps, and if you feel you were not in the wrong then dont give up
Report this content Nannywonga Written on: 14/07/2015
I can only speak for myself but there seems to be a lot of people in a similar situation to myself on this site. I guess only enterprise know the real figures.
Report this content allenhill431 Written on: 03/08/2015
I was charged 300 pounds for a 3 inch scratch, it took over 5 weeks to finalise the matter and before the balance of the deposit was repaid
Report this content bertanger Written on: 24/12/2015
had knock to door of van ie small bruising charged over£1100 gbp normal garage 2 to £300 gbp at most never again
Report this content englishlakedistrict Written on: 27/02/2016
Avoid them if at all possible... watch out for huge hidden excesses as standard on their vans. The prices they quote do not include VAT or the extra money you'll need to reduce the excesses.
Asked by sandrai3001 on 27th May 2015 Report this content
How many people have reported these guys to trading standards?

Answers (1)
Report this content j.knowles Written on: 28/05/2015
To be honest that never crossed my mind but as I'm not a UK resident I don't think I could've done anyway. But definitely a good idea if you can as they are a total disgrace
Asked by blaze2015 on 20th May 2015 Report this content
Would Enterprise refund you the deposit you paid at time of rental if they had any doubt you had damaged their van and give you half a day free of charge in a replacement van?

Answers (2)
Report this content j.knowles Written on: 20/05/2015
Without doubt the answer to your question is I very big fat NO. They will take the full excess off your car before you can even turn round. My experience with them was picking up the car at 11 at night so I couldn't inspect the car properly. On returning the car they accused me of damaging it, there was a silver graze on a silver car. How on earth can you see that in the dark. You could hardly see it in bright sunlight when I took it back & it was in a place where I couldn't figure out how you could cause damage, above the bumper & the bumper obviously projects out further than the body panel. I fought it via my credit card company & win but it took 5 months, read all the reviews in here about enterprise. It's very difficult to find positive ones. If you can, cancel your contract & hire with anybody else
Report this content Nannywonga Written on: 20/05/2015
They wouldn't refund ANYTHING, in fact they automatically took money for the damage from my card (as they had retained my details). This in spite of the fact that we had purchased insurance from them so we'd be covered against any damage. They are absolute charlatans, be careful if you choose to use them.