Vodafone Mobile Phone Insurance Reviews

1.4
  • Customer service

Vodafone Mobile Phone Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vodafone Mobile Phone Insurance

“I can honestly say that 1 star is too much I would...”

written by Jocxro on 14/05/2023

I can honestly say that 1 star is too much for this company, after reading other reviews I can now see it is how the company operates Lifestyle Services Group . I sent my like new Samsung s21 which had a crack on the back where it was dropped and was sent a phone that as soon as we opened the box we could see a chip on the corner then looking more closely light surface scratches around the case. My own phone was like new and I now have a rubbish telephone. I called straight away and took photographs, the first man told me its what I paid for tier a refurbished phone, we checked the terms and conditions which he said it's in and it says an unblemished phone free from damage. I asked to be called by a Manager and said would he be happy in my shoes, no comment, I said would you take your car to be repaired and have it back still damaged or with new damage, no you wouldn't no comment. I was called back by the agent who then told me my complaint was not upheld, I had only made the complaint that afternoon they didn't want to look at my photographic evidence or anything they were not inte4ested, my complianr well it was not upheld as apparently it had left their Quality Department damage free in full working order, I said well it obviously didn't how dare I be called a liar and he would not listen at all and kept saying wait for your letter which tells me to speak to the Financial Ombudsman. How can they get away with this I pay £9 per month then £79 for the replacement which is in worse condition than my own. I was told that it has 12 months Warranty if undamaged to which I replied well its already damaged so if anything does go wrong then I have to pay again for another piece of rubbish. I took the insurance out via Vodafone so if you are thinking about using them really don't bother, I will be complaining to the Ombudsman and I will also be contacting Watchdog to see if they have had complaints and encourage all of you people with the same experience to do the same. It made me really unwell infact I cried as I just can not see how a company can do this. Representative at Vodafone was amazing and raised a complaint but it says the company is separate and has to deal. So I am screwed with a rubbish phone. AVOID AT ALL COSTS ABSOLUTE SHAM OF A COMPANY, CUSTOMER SERVICE NON EXUSTENT I TOLD NAITHAN HE NEEDS RE TRAINING AND IF HE WORKED FOR ME I WOULD SACK HIM FOR SUCH A POOR ATTITUDE AND NOT EVEN LOOKING AT MY COMPLAINT WHICH I HAD PHOTOS DATED etc. I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE BLAMED DPD BUT I TOLD THEM STRAIGHT IT CAME FROM YOUR FACTORY LIKE IT AS THE DRIVER HANDED AN UNDAMAGED BOX OVER. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU, YOU DO NOT DESERVE CUSTOMER'S HARD EARNED MONEY

“Terrible insurance customer service ”

written by wxPage496 on 09/03/2023

Luisy, I talked yesterday is the most terrible customer insurance agent I ever faced ...You need deep knowledge what you need to do first instead of confusing customers. We customers take insurance to protect our products not to loose our money because of the insurance agents like you.. you are rude and doesn't deserve this position..you don't hell customers you are the reason of depression for me

“I lost my phone 3 days ago and used YouTube and ”

written by KaylynnQuinn143 on 09/03/2023

I lost my phone 3 days ago and used YouTube and made calls to my friends and vodafone said that I didn't use my data after 10 o'clock in the morning ????...and declined my claim....so shocked

“Very Rude Customer Service ”

written by Stuartnf1967 on 31/01/2023

SHAN from customer service support was very rude to me, I have only asked for the case management contact number for my claim......

“Broken IPad ”

written by martiba on 16/11/2021

I bought a tablet last year pay monthly IPad 10.5 in 2020 version my daughter 8 years old she broken a display Report accident phone to customer service says to me three days wait for delivery swap for good condition new tablet three days gone to set another five days wait for decision for Manager I’m not recommend at Vodafone insurance on your phone or tablet rude people and avatar on your phone the line everyone saying different things never ever recommend

“Phone stolen, police report provided but no replacement ”

written by McHughbf1983 on 22/05/2020

Someone stole my bag and my table in my house, I reported the incident to the police. I went to a vodafone store to call as I didn't have a way to contact them regarding the issue and I never had a replacement even though I was paying for an Insurance for more than two years and I have been in contract with vodafone over 5 years.All this happened more than a year ago, I keep paying for the devices till now. My case is with the Financial Ombudsmen service. They are the worst

“Worst insurance ”

written by akSnyder463 on 26/05/2018

Terrible rude customer service that would never replace your lost device!Stay away from them!Wasting time and money with them!NEVER AGAIN!

“Vodafone Business AhhAhh”

written by Elsamae13 on 06/02/2017

Dropped my phone and the screen cracked on my iPhone 6s. Took it to the Vodafone store who were very helpful and told me I was covered on ther insurance with a £60 excess. The store gave me a android phone and told me I could not add my contacts to the phone as it's a different sim. Have you tried to run a business with no contacts, it's very hard and frustrating as the pathetic phone they gave me also switches off after a few seconds when on a call. The store called me to say my phone was ready to collect from the store BUT wait for this my phone had actually turned itself into a sooped up Iphone 5 with a fancy new name badge called a se. Please could someone advise on where my iPhone 6s is as I can just take it to a store and just have a new screen fitted in less than 30 minutes. Sorry Vodafone but after been a loyal customer for 25 years or more it's time to sort this or we shall be parting company.

“Send in my not working phone”

written by Galbania on 07/04/2016

Send in my not working phone, paid $125 excess got one back that worked even less. OK there was a 4 week warranty on it and I could have sent it back at my own cost, but I just had enough and cancelled my insurance. Why would you have an insurance when you get a phone that works even less than the one you sent in? Plus, when I made the payment my computer gave me the message that the security certificate had expired. As there was no other option to pay I had to use that.

“absolutely robbery ”

written by RosaEngland95 on 15/04/2015

lost my phone around the supermarket , and they declined coz missing on public place unattained what a terrible and stupid excuse , stay away from them

“Every loophole in the book is used to avoid paying out”

written by SonnyReynolds445 on 13/11/2014

Been paying insurance for over 5 years and have never made a claim. When I made my first claim the refused to pay out because it was not reported in a timely manner. ************* AVOID AT ALL COSTS ***********

“Terrible insurance ”

written by ujWright244 on 29/05/2014

I have been with Vodafone for several years and never had any problems but I have never had my phone stolen before. When I called to report it had been stolen everything seemed go okay until they told me they didn't have the same phone to replace mine with and that they didn't know when they would be getting any more back in stock so they wanted me to carry on paying my £70 a month plan with no phone and with no time scale on how long it would be until they sent me a new phone. After 2 weeks of waiting and still being told they didn't have any in stock and they still couldn't tell me how long it would be I had had enough fortunately when I went into store it was handled much better with head office contacted and it was resolved. Vodafone insurance defiantly let Vodafone down will never insure with them again

“Stay away they are liars charge you money for the...”

written by Achoo420 on 07/10/2013

Stay away they are liars charge you money for the calls you don't make and then don't even explain anything. Stay away from them. Wish I could give no stars

Naseersaeed's Response to Achoo420's Review

Written on: 08/10/2013

100o/o agreed they are liars ,customer services zero

“vodaphone insurance-awaste of money”

written by marcuskane on 14/09/2013

My Nokia Lumia 800 stoped working.As still under warranty i returned to Vodaphone. Stated it was water damage and to make insurance claim. Contacted insurance company and as I could not give a date the water got into phone,I had no idea how this happened, and refused to lie about this. they would not take my claim after paying them for 25 years. Thank God my contract only has 3 months to go.

“STAY WELL AWAY”

written by mcc664 on 23/08/2013

My iphone was stolen and i got a garda report and everything. when i contacted vodafone insurance they told me that they would look after it. TWO MONTHS ON i get a letter saying claim rejected?! STAY WELL AWAY. i am leaving vodafone after twenty fiver years of being with them. horrible people to deal with.

“Shame that NO stars is not an option... A TOTAL DUD!”

written by KrankyOldBastard on 15/08/2013

You accept their insurance in good faith. Then when you need them after you've accidently cracked the screen of your iPhone 5, you're told "Sure no problem! Take it into the store, they'll send to the service department that will replace it with a refurbish one, after which they'll send it back to the store for you to collect. You're up for $125 excess. It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks..." TWO WEEKS!!! The replacement offered was a mickey mouse phone with a rotary dial at the front (well in a manner of speaking)... Also taking the phone to an Apple Store and getting them to fix it, after all they're the manufacturers, was not reimbursed not even after offering to pay the excess In short DON'T BOTHER, unless you enjoy wasting money. PS I've cancelled the insurance

““Vodaphone mobile phone insuarence- STAY AWAY FROM...”

written by on 02/08/2013

When i claimed my insurance ti woz rejcted coz i didn't call and baned my lost phone strait .Person which i talk to waz wery disrespecting and had no manners. There only job is to reject claims in every possibile way. Now im stack without a phone for 16 months.

“Vodaphone mobile phone insuarence- STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!”

written by on 14/06/2013

I upgraded my 2 vodaphone lines on the 19th of June 2013, when l came to make an insurance claim for accidental damage 6 months later I was shocked!! Vodaphone insurance informed me that the new phone had never been used with the sim they issued. Despite proof in text messages in the phone and dialed numbers etc covering the period they insisted their systems were correct. They refused to replace my phone, with still 18 months to go on the contract. I am writting this post because I would hate for another powerless individual/ citizen to be robbed in day like by these giant organisations. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM, WHAT THEY SAY WHEN YOU TAKE AN INSUARENCE POLICY AND THE TREATMENT YOU GET MAKING A CLAIM IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. YOU SUDDENLY BECOME A CRIMINAL.

“Happy with the Insurance”

written by on 06/03/2013

Lost my iphone at a bus stop, or it was stolen from my bag, went straight to Vodafone who told me it was going to be $300 to replace as I had lost it 3 months within my contract ($225 after 3 months) and that I had to make a police report and phone up the insurance line. Called them and just said I don't know how but at the bus stop, gave police incident number and he approved it and sent out within 5-20 days. Original iPhone returned shattered into pieces. Early 2013, Vodafone Australia

“Very expensive and poor service!!!!”

written by on 19/10/2012

Been paying £12.99 a month for past 3 years for, then lost my phone and then payed extra on top of my excess to get my replacement phone by next day delivery before going abroad for three weeks. They failed to deliver the phone but offered me a basic handset, when I went to pick up this phone I was told it wouldn't work outside the uk. When I got home I got my new (refurbed) phone but dropped it two weeks later shattering the screen. When I rung up to let them no they had put up my excess to £50 from previously been £25. I had changed my contract but wasnt aware that my insurace was any different and definitly not told the exsese had changed. They took a week to replace it with another refurbed phone. Now a couple of weeks later I get a letter saying they will no longer be insuring my phone. Thanks a lot vodaphone you saved me the job of canceling.