Boots Advantage Card Reviews

Boots Advantage Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Boots Advantage Card

Boots Advantage Card
Boots Advantage Card

“What's the point? What advantage? ”

written by Sanchez345 on 10/02/2022

This is perhaps the most nonsensical loyalty scheme I have ever come across. Nearly all businesses nowadays encourage you to take out their membership cards to collect points or stamps to pay towards something nice later. All the other cards I have allow you to use the points as part payment, or they have a set of items as rewards so you know what you can have for how many points. Boots Advantage Card is the only scheme I know that does not work this way. As Boots does not offer the best prices, I cannot see any advantage of shopping there, nor can I see any points in collecting points on the card.

“Beware losing card”

written by Ajfhgbtjcbsmsk on 26/06/2020

I lost Advatage card befinni g December last year. Eventually some to someone at Boots customer Support who said my points would be transferred to a other card which will be sent out shortly. Plus points accrued from my temporary card transferred to it. Allowing for problems with staffing and post during these last 6 months from pandemic Covid I still haven't even deny replacement, I have been told by staff at Bootsshop my temporary card has expired and I will loose those points. Now I am going around in circles trying to speak to someone on their automated phone system. Just spent 1tminutes on the phone and not actually spoken to an actual person. Whatever option you choice it nearly always tries to redirect you to use their website. This is very frustrating, my problem is nowhere near being sorted. Not a good way to treat loyal customers and very poor customer service.

“doesn't work ”

written by Lainey433 on 16/01/2020

all of the offers has to be loaded otherwise it doesn't work. I don't wont to remember this. I would prefer those offers to be added to the card automatically and to be informed by the cashier or maybe by an email. I did get an offer for my birthday month and went to the tills to pay and even I had this offer loaded it didn't work so I had to ask someone to fix it on the tills. So I don't understand. If I want load the offer it doesn't work but when I will it's still doesn't work. What is the point?

“the disavantage card”

written by cockneyPaul on 19/11/2019

went to buy 3 for 2 items but was told the amount came to more than what's on my card, I could use 2 of the items against my advantage card and pay for the third (even though it was buy 2 and get third free), but can't part pay as it was over the amount on my advantage card. was told you can only buy up to the amount on card but can't pay the difference if you go over the amount..WHY??

“Points GONE ???”

written by Adie63 on 14/06/2019

I have been collecting points off and on for a few years now and do often forget my Boots card anyway got my usual email and WHAT where have my points gone I have MS and don't get in to the store much but buy online and forget to put my Advantage card in and for them top to take my points of me stinks, my last purchase was about 18months ago a present of perfume for my wife £100ish bottle WELL BOOTS YOUVE SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT will be shopping else where in the future.

“two tier tears”

written by Amarisd174 on 29/04/2019

Not told ahead of my purchase of £3000 hearing aids that Advantage points would be credited at a mere 1 point per £1, not the 'normal' 4 points per £1 on other Boots goods. Only told after several visits to store, by a clearly embarrassed employee who could not defend/explain the discrimination. (She claimed this was set out in the literature I received with my purchase!) It's the same devaluation for spec purchases, by the way. Oh, and the bloody aids don't work!

“I had about £60 worth of points on my Boots Advantage...”

written by GlennOliver on 26/01/2019

I had about £60 worth of points on my Boots Advantage Card, mostly accumulated by my late wife's purchases. I had not had cause to shop at Boots for several years, but this week needed some items so went to a store. I gathered the items and then tried to use my points to pay for them, but was told that the card was not recognised. I then rang Boots Customer Services to find out why and was told - "Boots will remove Boots Advantage Card points from Boots Advantage Card accounts that haven't been used for two years ..." They also confirmed that they carry out this with no warning of any sort being given to the customer that it is going to happen on a forthcoming date. In my view imagine if your bank told you "You haven't used your bank account for two years, so we have taken all of your money ...".

“Not worth the hassle”

written by 487Wright on 01/12/2018

I have got more than £20 on my Boots card, but because I can't use them as part payment I just don't spend them. I also have a Superdrug loyalty card & I have bought perfume, gifts & everyday toiletries using the points as discount. I am giving up on Boots - they do not reward loyal customers. It takes years to save enough points to buy anything worthwhile & I don't want to waste my points on toothpaste & shampoo. They seriously need to review this policy

“Use it or lose it! What Boots don't want you to know!”

written by Ellamary on 25/06/2018

I haven't used my Boots card for a while. A family member was ill and subsequently died, so using the card when I was in the shop was not a priority. I was in my local branch recently and asked how many points I had accumulated. I was told 'none'. But I had not redeemed the points for some time and thought I could save them and buy something nice. I was shocked to hear that as I had not redeemed my points for 2 years, I lost them all! Boots never contacted me to warn me about this. I have been a faithful customer for years and shopped in Boots because I got points, even though the price might have been a little cheaper elsewhere. I will not be buying from Boots in future and have encouraged my friends to cash in their points and do likewise. I am sure my points didn't amount to much over £10 so the restoration of my points as a goodwill gesture would have made more sense than posting the negative reviews I will be completing.

“Where have all the points gone?”

written by JuanNoble443 on 28/01/2018

Have been saving my points for years and had a substantial amount saved but due to not having had my Boots card with me on many shops during the last 2 years I have not collected or spent any points. Suddenly without warning they disappeared. When I contacted Boots and it took a telephone call from myself having already emailed twice with no response from their Advantage Card Customer services team to find that they had been removed as I had not used the card in the previous 2 years and it advises in their "terms and conditions" that this would happen. I got this card many years ago and the terms and conditions were read at the time and forgotten about. Why did they not alert me to the fact that these points would be removed prior to the end of the 2 years?? Other loyalty cards advise if the points are to expire shortly. Are they customer focused? I think not. Their slogan "Let's feel good" is laughable as I don't "feel good" with how they have treated me. I hope that this is a warning to other Boots customers to be aware of the 2 year non usage policy. I gave one star as you had to but I would not have given any - but it does come with a warning - Terrible and also that is how I am feeling!

“misleading promotions”

written by giHouston127 on 21/10/2017

I noticed today that the promotion Additional 1000 points when you spend £50 doesnt mean additional but means Instead of. All the advantage points i should have earned on a £52 spend were removed. This is misleading customers and should be made clearer. Rosie moore

“No advantage with a Boots advantage card”

written by TamiaBarnes on 08/02/2017

Miserable card - Boots Advantage Card Boots don't allow The accrued points to be used as part payment It has to be exact - a bit difficult if one had their eye on a more expensive item .... Keep collecting or take your custom to someone else who are more in tune with loyalty cards and bow they should be used. Take a look at Tesco points use them anytime as part payment and can double the value during offers. Very very bad for such a big high street chain.

“Its got to be the meanest reward card of them all.”

written by Fuckpig on 09/01/2017

Is it that much of a reward that you have to spend £115 to make a £12 saving. Tata boots thats rubbish. I didn't have to unrecommend this to freinds anyone I know who has a boots "reward" card feel the same, its lame.

“Boots' loyalty card - the 'disAdvantage' card!”

written by on 08/01/2017

Time for Boots to rethink their 'loyalty' card: 1) Self serve till in Boots did not add any 'Advantage' points, despite selecting the 'Advantage Card' logo at the start of the transaction. Member of staff denied there was a problem and refused to help :( 2) I've just been sent 12 Advantage Card 'tokens' all with different terms and conditions - I don't have the time/space in my purse to carry these around on the off chance I might use them. Please Boots - just reduce your prices and I might venture back as currently most items I need are always cheaper in Superdrug!

“Rubbish bin it”

written by 362Smith on 06/11/2016

absolute rubbish card does not allow part payment on your expensive bill. So frustrating I have stopped shopping in Boots because of their stupid loyalty card!!!

“useless”

written by viMcCabe203 on 20/10/2016

what kind of ridiculous this advantage card is, you have to spend fortune to actually get any benefit. It is probably analysed and designed by some stupid marketing boss, who has no clue how marketing works. boots need to come up with better incentive scheme. It is obvious they don't care about the business because by nature they will do well. however they should stop misleading people by introducing advantage card with is worth rubbish.

“The mobile app ”

written by BrynleeMcGregor on 12/06/2016

The boots app does not work on an android phone at all, it is terrible sort it out so I can get my points on my boots card.thanks

“Spend or lose”

written by MountainAga on 01/06/2016

When I lost/had my wallet stolen it took a long time to notify all the card companies. I forgot about my Boots Advantage card. Now I've got round to telling them and ordering a replacement I am told that I have forfeited all my points. Apparently it warns you in some obscure small print. It seems very uncharitable to me. I'm not impressed.

“Driving customers AWAY!”

written by Reefcurl on 28/08/2015

If you ever manage to get past the registration system you are either a genius or just plain lucky. Bop opts have made it soooooo complicated, I spent an hour on it and gave up! Now if I were a retired non computer literate pensioner it might be understandable, but I'm a computer programmer! I really do not have time for companies who set out to make loyalty cards so difficult. I'm going elsewhere.

“So Irritating”

written by 314Reynolds on 26/08/2015

What is the point of this card?? I have been battling with trying to spend my points and I really don't have time for it. I do my shopping online therefore I want to spend my points online (but they make it really difficult to use online even though many, if not most of us shop this way nowadays). After discovering you can't make a part payment with the points (who thought up that stupid restriction?) I have been trying to use it to buy a full price item online, it tells me I can, and asks me to enter the last 3 digits of my advantage card (I don't have a physical card because they haven't bothered sending me one) and most helpfully, I can't see what the last 3 digits are when signed into my account, because they obscure them 'for security'. It does say that instead of entering the 3 digits you can enter your date of birth (but only allows space for 3 digits) (??) I tried a few times to figure out which digits they require, and they locked my card!! so now I have to faff about calling them to unlock my card. (IT'S A POINTS CARD NOT A CREDIT CARD BOOTS! There is no need for such vigorous security measures!!!) and it is a nightmare trying to send them an email for help, they make it so difficult to get to the contact form. The MOST frustrating points system I have ever used!!

Asked by gemjune on 19th November 2014 Report this content
Do you have to use all advantage points in one go?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site