G.P. Taylor, Shadowmancer Reviews

G.P. Taylor, Shadowmancer - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for G.P. Taylor, Shadowmancer

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The way 'Shadowmancer' was written makes it very hard...”

Written on: 17/07/2008

The way 'Shadowmancer' was written makes it very hard for even the most skilled readers to read.

There was so much Christianity embedded in this story, I was thankful I was a Christian, otherwise I would have put the book down from page 100. There are so many biblical point of views in this book that it has the capability to offend many people.

This book ended just as you would have expected from the get-go. Don't read it… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“G.P. Taylor, Shadowmancer - In my 40-odd years of...”

Written on: 24/09/2004 by the thespian (3 reviews written)

G.P. Taylor, Shadowmancer - In my 40-odd years of reading thousands of books I have only ever not managed to finish reading two, one was the truly awful "the Greeks bring gifts" and the other is Shadowmancer. The story as far as I managed is pedestrian, obvious and overloaded with Christian symbolism, at times to a toe-curling degree, and the writing technique is just plain awful.
Don't waste your money… Read Full Review

“I found G.P. Taylor's Shadowmancer to be a boring and...”

Written on: 16/06/2004 by alchemilla88 (2 reviews written)

I found G.P. Taylor's Shadowmancer to be a boring and poorly written example of an attempt to merge Sunday-school-style Christian doctorine with popular fiction. It is so bad in some parts that I found myself literally rolling my eyes as I read. Characters are thin and events unfold much too quickly and predictably; there is no drama or suspense in this story. The plot is a highly unoriginal tale of clear-cut good vs. evil, and you know from the beginning how it has to end. The heroes are… Read Full Review