Royal Bank of Scotland Business Bank Account Reviews

Royal Bank of Scotland Business Bank Account - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Royal Bank of Scotland Business Bank Account

“Shameful”

written by Hackedoff100 on 12/10/2017

I would draw your attention to the following service I have received from RBS. 1. We have a joint account albeit a rather dormant one and one name was omitted and lost. 2. RBS did however send the omitted person a VISA card and then had no record of it. 3. RBS sent a cheque book in a single name and then told us it would be find for the other person to use that cheque book. 4. Having finally got the second person reinstated they were unable to set up telephone or online banking despite many attempts. 5. We had 2 linked accounts which we wished to separate and despite many attempts this has not been done. 6. The personal banking website is slow and unresponsive 7. The people answering the phones have only basic knowledge and have to refer nearly everything. 8. Having spoken to one manager they told us that they would resolve matters but did not. 9. On several occasions we have been cut off 10. Having made a complaint the complaint handler called at an inconvenient time and promised to call back the following day. He did not and instead sent a letter. 11. When I called to ask for the matter to be dealt with by another person I was told that was not going to happen. 12. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told “managers don’t speak to customers”. 13. I have still not had a full response to my complaints but I did receive a letter 5th October stating that they will respond within another 4 weeks. This all began in August. 14. Many of these matters remain unresolved and nobody appears to care. I’m afraid that RBS are not fit for purpose. We will be closing our accounts with them

“Not helpful to start up”

written by fdNunez306 on 26/01/2016

This is my first ever Business Bank account experience. ALthough I have had a personal bank account with RBS for 20 years. I explained this and said I would have questions. The lady preferred to talk down to me and slowed her wording like I was stupid. Not stupid! Just frustrated that my business sector did not fit into their drop down menu and therefore was asked to say I worked in a different sector. For a company that advertises themselves as helpful banking it was anything but helpful. Now looking at different banking options

“They wrecked the economy and they almost wrecked my life”

written by Davcon on 28/03/2015

THINKING OF GETTING A BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH RBS? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. I ran a UK based web development venture for several years. Back in 2012 I ran into bad health which put me out of work for a few months. As a result I missed a few payments on my business banking overdraft. Yip. My fault. Let's all pause and take that in. Once again, I'm saying MY FAULT. I missed a few payments. Got that? Okay. Ready to move on? Good! After I got back to work business quickly picked up. I had lots of projects on and money started to flow in. All was well and I was confident of quickly getting back on top of all debt obligations. One sunny afternoon I headed into my local RBS to pay in a cheque for some work that I had done. The friendly cashier said, "Can I just see your card for a second?" I gave him my card and he put it into a drawer by his side. Then he smiled. I asked what was going on. He said, "I don't know, there's just a message which says I have to take your card. It's probably just because a replacement is on the way. Nothing to worry about." Cool. No big deal, right? Anyway, an hour or so later I happened to be in a cafe with a friend. I logged onto my business bank account with my laptop to check something. No joy. Couldn't log in. I called RSB. I'll never forget what they said: "You don't have a bank account with RBS. Your details are not on file at all." Folks, without a single phone call, without a single conversation from a business manager and without having made any sincere attempt to contact me whatsoever RBS literally switched off my financial life. Within 24 hours I had no means of accessing my money at all. I remember walking around the park, cold hungry and wondering where it all went wrong. I had customers, I had skills, I was working hard and for some reason RBS had switched the whole life off. The decision by RBS to switch my life off (and I'm comfortable with that phrase) soon led to problems with my mortgage and other areas of my life. In the blink of an eye I was making enquiries to centres for the homeless and literally living off of the charity of friends and family. Now, I'm sorry for being ill and I accept that, in hindsight, I could have handled things better. However, I will never forgive RBS for what they did. Their customer service is so bad that there's not a human being alive who could even tell me the name of my RBS business bank manager (it's a challenge not to laugh when I write that). As a matter of fact, I remember every few months they'd send me a letter introducing a new business account manager. None of them ever contacted me. None of them appeared to stay in the job for long. It became a sort of funny waste of paper. "Oh look, there's ANOTHER RBS letter telling me about ANOTHER business manager whom I'll never hear from and never meet". I'm telling you this because I want you to know what it's like to be an RBS business customer. RBS, in my opinion, is the most wicked, unethical company in the UK. Fred The Shred is not some mythological character. He's a real person who made his way to the top of the RBS food chain and he didn't get that name for nothing. The entire customer service philosophy of RBS can be summed up in two words. The first word rhymes with "cluck" and the second word is "them". This company has a culture of utter contempt for their customers. I absolutely guarantee that the vast majority of RBS business bank account holders have never even been in the same room as their *laugh* business bank manager. I urge you NOT ONLY to avoid this company but to warn others to stay away!

“Fast and Easy”

written by foxy12 on 18/01/2015

Got a business account with RBS within 3 weeks with digital log in and debit card in straight forward procedure, perfect customer service u will be on hold for maximum 3 mins providing you with correct information as well.

“Worst business banking service ever! ”

written by Lukasb336 on 29/12/2014

I applied to open a business account with RBS coming up to 5 months ago, and am still waiting for this account to be opened. I'm a startup so called and was told an application needed to be emailed to me and once completed I would need to take it to a branch alone with ID which was all fine. first problem was the email took approximately 3 weeks to get to me, I only received it after countless calls. once received I went into a branch and handed all they needed, the application was sent off and then I waited another month when I didn't hear back I contacted them to be informed as my driving licence stated my place of birth as outside the EU I would need to take my British passport into a branch, I agreed. after this I waited a further 3 weeks without a word so I decided to follow up, I was then asked to provide proof of where I was expecting funding for the business which I did. I waited to hear back with a decision and no words so I got back in contact and was asked to provide a credit report which I have done and was told I would get a decision in 3 to 5 days. that was 3 weeks ago and after 5 months of trying to open an account with RBS I think I can truly say I have had the worst experience EVER and am not opening my account with another bank.

“RBS Business Bank Account Review”

written by usCarey169 on 02/06/2014

Business banking with RBS hugely disappointing. We were promised a bank account in 3days, 6wks later after continuously trying to access our bus bank manager to query why we hadn't yet received our account details, incidentally this was the same bus bank manager who 6wks before had promised he would always be contactable (one year on we have yet to speak to him!), I called into the bank to say we had customers trying to pay us but embarrassingly we have no account could I please make an appointment to see our bus bank manager! The person who took my query went away to speak to our business bank manager (who was in the bank that day) and came back with a torn fragment of paper with an account number on. More disasters were to follow, credit cards with misspelled names replaced with the same misspelled names, debit cards sent out WITH pin numbers in the same mailing, lost DD mandate which authorised payment in full for credit card so first month the minimum payment was taken only so had to dash into the bank to make a faster payment to avoid the bank charge. In summary, I need to employ a full time member of staff to manage my RBS business bank account. Made life easier last week…I moved to Santander! Bye bye RBS. I have been a customer for 40years with a number of accounts that are in the process of being moved elsewhere. Your bank has gone to the dogs. No more loyalty from me.

“Completely incompetent”

written by MillerD on 25/05/2014

I opened a business account at RBS and received all the introductory material in the mail. However, I was unable to get online account access, which is very important to me, as my business is internet-based. I called several times and was finally told that I needed to provide more material for proof of address. I brought a few of the things listed to my local RBS branch. No effect. I paid two visits to the city centre branch with more proof of address. I still couldn't access my account. At this point, I'd wasted the equivalent of days trying to get the account into a usable state. Finally, I decided to give up and close the account. I wrote a letter to RBS asking them to do so. However, their website said that accounts had to be closed at the branch where they'd been opened - and it didn't mention anything about chequebooks... this is foreshadowing, BTW. I printed my letter and back I went to the city centre branch. They told me that I had to close the account at their 'business centre'. Fine. I went there with my letter. I handed it to a staff member and was told that they wouldn't close the account unless I handed in the cheque book - which, of course, i had never used, because the account had never been active. Back home I went, and I had to fish it out of the rubbish. By the time I'd found it, the business centre was closed for the holiday weekend. They are completely incompetent, their customer service is rude, and their attitude is that they're doing you a favour by allowing you to be their customer. They offer two years free banking for startups - but it's not really free. They will waste your time and cause you tons of unnecessary stress. Steer far clear of RBS. I'll be in there with the chequebook first thing on Tuesday. Every contact I've had with them since opening the account tells me that I'm dodging a bullet. They can't get an account properly opened OR closed, apparently. I just hope that I manage to successfully disassociate myself from them without wasting too much more time. What a horrible experience!

“PyGZzBaVwd”

written by on 25/02/2013

Listen, ISubmitted by Anonymous on Thu, 08/27/2009 16:47.Listen, I also credit this [censored] bank. Threatened by the cortus, mol property taken away. I 7000 USD took their, and now with their penyami and fines should have a car. Absolutely crazy!!!!! I asked me to renew the contract no!!! We, they say ... that's paying them to 50 USD / month. Also think, can not pay at all?

“Tried to open a Business Bank Account ....... ”

written by dangermousette on 10/11/2012

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) are a complete joke of a bank. I rang their business account centre three weeks ago in order to open a Business Account. They spent over 30 minutes on the phone, and then told me that a local manager would ring to finalise the process. He didn't ring. So I rang again last week, and spend a further 25 minutes going through my details again. Again, they told me a local manager would ring to complete the process. Again I heard nothing. So yesterday I telephoned again. After another 30 minutes on the phone (where the guy on the other end said he had had numerous complaints already that day), he promised me to email the details through to me that day. But did they turn up? No. Cretinous excuse for a bank. I am off to Lloyds to try my luck there.

“Barclays do not accept ID CARD from Im try toEuropean...”

written by on 02/10/2012

I tried to open a business account in Barclays in Soho Road and they ask me a prove of identification. I showed to them my ID Card the only prove i have from my identification because Im a member of a european country , and they say NO ! we just accept passports !! This is a nonsense because every branch they ask ID card or passport ... The atitude from them it is a racist atitude , beware eurpoean people from soho road barclays they do not accept europeans id cards !! And if you go in there with sport clothes they look at you like you are a criminal !

“The worst Bank ever”

written by on 18/09/2012

After more than 20 days for open a account and see all the imcompetence from the staff they call to say NO ... They want big business and rich people for put millions in RBS bank !! RBS EVEN DONT DESERVE ANY STAR FOR OVERALL RATING IS MORE THAN TERRIBLE !!

“BOS Business Banking online - NO ACCESS NOW FOR 8 DAYS!”

written by on 19/09/2011

BOS made changes to their system and from 12th September until now 19th September I have no online access. Basically my business in on hold and the do not give a damn. They state no idea when it will be fixed. If BOS own business accounts were locked for this long there would be hell to pay. Too big and do not care about anyone but themselves. Over six hours on the phone last week and no result - do not bank with them

“One of the worst banks is the royal bank of scotland....”

written by gayathrimanoj on 03/05/2011

One of the worst banks is the royal bank of scotland. They need to go in for a brand change and a change of name...because there's nothig royal about it except the let down!!

they say royal ditch! Royal goof up...then the name is apt.

Tried their netbanking (from India)to redeem my points of 2700 equaling 2500 rupees, and i get an error screen saying not enough points, following which my balance of points show 57!!!

When i called to chk what happened to my 2700 points, i am told it is a technical glitch and sorry its lost, we cant do nthig about it.

After which, they say "Thank you, if there's any assistance we can be of to you, pls let us know!!!!!!!! Laughable.

“The customer service is the worst I have ever ever...”

written by on 26/01/2011

The customer service is the worst I have ever ever EVER experienced. I am in total shock and I even just had someone snigger at me down the phone wish I had taken his name.

I only asked why the @RBS email address advertised online isn't working to be told it should be natwest.com.

I have been with RBS as a personal banker for 20 years and am always impressed but since joining RBS (Nat west) Business Banking I am utterly shocked at how badly and uncoordinated it is, its so embarrassing!

Every form has had to be requested twice before it arrives and then something usually goes wrong with it. Getting anyone to answer queries is another thing.

The staff don't know or care whether it is Natwest or RBS with all the paper work randomly one or the other.

“This is the most useless bank I've ever had the...”

written by on 26/10/2010

This is the most useless bank I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. The business team are rude, arrogant, unhelpful, sarcastic and generally a complete bunch of self absorbed incompetants. The progression of my business is hampered by this bank and not because they won't help with lending, it's because they can't carry out the simplest of tasks like cheque handling, electronic bank transfers etc. But most of all it's the attitude of this bank that really upsets me.

“Terrible, terrible, terrible! I have banked with RBS...”

written by on 28/07/2010

Terrible, terrible, terrible! I have banked with RBS Business Bank now for around 4.5 years and I have finally had the last insult so will be moving my account. From opening the account years ago to now, the customer service and support has been AWFUL. I have had to change business managers three times now as the managers were so unresponsive and unhelpful. I have actually filed a complaint with the Ombudsmen as after sending a 2 page complaints letter AND a stack of emails (around about 30) to prove how many I have sent to my manager and how many went unanswered, the response from the complaints department did not answer or satisfy one of my issues! Stay well clear, they couldn't care less about small businesses and the business managers seem to have as much intelligence and understanding of running a business as my 6 year old niece has! Good bye RBS and good riddance!!

“Been with rbs 2 years now, no problems, quick...”

written by on 26/07/2010

Been with rbs 2 years now, no problems, quick efficient phone calls make tranfers etc hassle free, they even stoppped my card when i spent large amounts at a trade show, i had to call and prove who i was to unlock further spending, new cards are sent promtly if required and security fob is handy as it can be attached to keys(i lose my barclays card reader)... my only complaint is the charges have now kicked in and i dont really want to pay them as there is so many free banking offers around.

“Lack of communication. ”

written by on 20/04/2010

Lack of communication.

My business manager never answers his phone and it goes straight to voice mail. I was really annoyed when RBS never told me about my new business manager as the last one left.

I never got a call, email or nothing through the post.

Very poor to use, I was getting 1yr free charges and they didnt apply it at the start so I was getting charged, took around 3 months just to get arrears paid back.

I have closed my account but they have still gave me access to the online facility to order new cards?

Talk about begin competent they dont have a clue what they are doing!

“This bank loves to make you have things that you don't...”

written by on 17/11/2009

This bank loves to make you have things that you don't want!! - and then the service thay insist you have doesn't work properly. My business credit card has just been chopped (despite have 2.5 yrs left on it) because I didn't OPT OUT of having a new kind of card that I didn't ask for or want. On the run up to Christmas they have given me a whole load of work to change card details with suppliers. Similarly I have to have a Business Account Manager who is never there, does not respond, cost me money by not paying off a loan when asked to do so etc.... Some things they do well, but at the moment I am annoyed and stressed so I shall just sound off!

“Communication at RBS is the worst I have ever...”

written by on 09/11/2009

Communication at RBS is the worst I have ever experienced. After trying to get hold of my business manager for 3 MONTHS, finally insisted on an appointment which was cancelled by the business manager at 2 hours notice. Insisted it went ahead - the result.. the business manager has just written to say they are CLOSING my business account in 30 days due to A LACK OF COMMUNICATION!! Maybe I am not the sort of business customer they want as I require no borrowing and won't be contributig to them hitting their targets following the bailout!!