3.1

Media Gallery for John Fowler, Tolroy Manor Holiday Park - johnfowlerholidays.com/cornwall-holiday-park/tolroy-manor-holiday-park

“Tolroy parking and facilities ”

written by on 25/07/2022

Due to electricity supply issues a generator has been installed on the car park which is noisy and taken valuable parking spaces the rubble left in its wake and heavy machinery are most definitely a health and safety issue.GIven that it is now six week school holidays this issue should have been resolved this problem has been going on since May. More troubling than that exposed cables are visible with wooden crates surrounding them but certainly not child proof. Last night I took my kids to play on the park and then intended to take my teens to play in the arcade and pool tables to be told that the place shuts at nine pm what a joke !!!! I am thinking I should call health and safety.

“Whole place is awful”

written by Coyne354 on 08/06/2014

Absolutely awful- the whole park needs a major revamp. All of the houses are disgusting with old smelly Furniture. Brought our 2 small boys & had to stay out all day which is pretty hard with tired children! So upset this was by babies first holiday.no pool working, entertainment was really really bad!' Please don't go to This place it's so awful..

Jeffcooper's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2015

Totally agree with you.we been to two ..fowler holidays. .should be called.."foul" disgusting places. .actually got a weeks money back..we booked for two weeks, could barely last a week..would not recommend. .john fowler holidays..There foul.

“BRILLIANT WEEKS STAY”

written by tolroyterror on 09/09/2013

You know looking at some of the past comments... looks like 2 years ago, there was positive and negative comments... this is our 12th year of being at Fowlers, a 480 mile drive down was well worth it this year, and this was our 5th year at this park..... leaves the others standing, such as St Ives, Trelawne and Killigarth. We stayed in the Tudor Courts and the pic on here shows it all, we had brilliant sunshine and only glitch was on the Friday before we came home, it rained in the morning, and was a little over cast then on the night like every other night the sky was lit up in red and the next day when was coming back it was sunshine...... You cannot book the weather with the holiday and I think that puts the final topping on a great week..... staff where polite from booking in to bar staff and ents staff.... everybody greeted each other with a good morning or a hello where ever you went. The Foxy club is for the kids and my grand kids loved it The park is clean and well managed, for less than £300 for the week self catering, I don't think anybody will ever beat this deal..... you take your clothes and towels everything else is provided... we will be there next year..already booked for 2014 at 2013 prices in the same accommodation as I am having difficulty in walking, they placed us near the amenities, which is near the club.... and never got any noisy or rowdy guests when they came out of the club, my rating is 5* if there was 6 or 7 or 8, then I would rate it at that.

Jeffcooper's Response to tolroyterror's Review

Written on: 03/08/2015

Sorry cant believe this review, wouldn't stay if it was free holiday.

Tolroyterror's reply to Jeffcooper's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2015

Sorry for that Jeffcoopers, yours was this year the post I put on was from 2 years ago, things do change, and I would have expected that after 2 years, good or bad

“Pleasantly surprised”

written by on 14/09/2012

Having read the reviews I must admit I was not looking forward to my holiday, but I really enjoyed it. Okay the house was a little damp but soon aired out with the heaters on and windows open. Also we had the advantage of South Facing which meant we had the sun on it. Not so sure if I had been in our friends which was very dark and cold because of the trees. The bedding was spotless, even the pillows and quilts were spotless. I must say the window frames and blinds could have done with a good clean and there was a very large hole in the side of the bed base. The camp itself was so peaceful and clean. The only thing that spoilt it was the food, we only ate in once and unfortunately is was not very nice. I would like to return as I found it very relaxing but would have to have the same house as I had this time or one south facing. A big thank you to all the staff who work so hard so people can enjoy their holiday.

“Read this before booking or Don't even think about going”

written by on 25/10/2011

Booked one week for my wife, myself my 32 yr old son and 13 yr old grandaughter as a break before going into hospital and was looking forward to a relaxing week didn't want comctose on arrival the staff couldn't be bothered. We had booked a merchants three house which stunk of dogs and dampness and i immediately rejected it as my wife was really upset by it. The second one appeared slightly better at least it was clean so we settled for it and we went to inform the manager(basil fawlty) whilst there decided to have a quick drink, talk about expensive nearly £10 for a beer and a small glass of cheap red wine. We had requested linen which was not available and they moaned at us as if it was our fault, lots of the crockery was chipped so you didn't really want to use it. We had two settees which were very old and worn with hardly any springs left and the electric cooker(very old)withlots of worn knobs had no instructions, the beds were tatty making sleeping in them very uncomfortable. The so called facilities were old and outdated crazy golf had all but fell apart and the tennis court was just as bad. The entertainment centre consisted of 1 torn snooker table and a pool table that often jammed and was eventually taken out of use even though it still took your money. The arcade consisted of about 12 prehistoric slot machines which rarely paid out anything. Entertainment was very poor with talentless strippies if thats what they were called, the shop on the site was nearly always shut which didn't really matter as it was very poorly stocked and yet very expensive which was a pain as the nearest outside shop was a couple of miles away, we spent as much of the time outside the place, fortunately for us there are some super sights to see as long as you are prepared to drive 20 miles approx and we would always get back to fawlty towers mid evening. there was no point going to the clubhouse as it was quite run down. We stuck with it for five nights until one night the bingo machine failed which had a knock on effect to the nightly quiz and ultimately the nightly entertainment, you simply couldn't write something so bad. At this point we decided it was time to come home and yet the manager was surprised we were leaving early, we were all glad to be leaving and would not go back there even it was the last place standing after a nucleur explosion

Jeffcooper's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2015

Totally agree and all fouler sites are the same..outdated and run down.

“Worst Holiday Ever!”

written by on 15/07/2011

I have been on many UK holidays, staying at a few John Fowler sites, this was possibly the worst place I have ever been to. The accomodation was damp throughout, considering we went in June when the weather was good, the house smelt terribly. The accomodation needed a serious re vamp, the decor was extremely run down, not that you should let that spoil your holiday, this would not bother some people. There were 2 sofas in the house that we simply could not sit on, the springs had gone and you were literally sitting ont the floor, we travelled with a disabled family member who simply could not sit in the living room because of this. We took a dog with us on our holiday, as the site clearly allows pets you would have thought there may have been a dog walking area? Nothing of the sort. The bar area was like a time warp and the beer and service was very poor. I think a holiday is what you make of it regardless but this holiday was not an enjoyable experience at all. I would not recommend this John Fowler site to anyone.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2011

It does sound like you had a bad experience, but I would like to stress that we have been going to Tolroy for the last 3 years and have stayed in privately owned cottage which are very well maintained by their owners.Tolroy is a great base for exploring Cornwall, it provides a budget holiday that families can afford. It sounds like you need to be prepared to pay more for your holiday and go to Centre parks!

“We enjoyed it”

written by Poshbird on 13/07/2011

After reading some of the reviews about this particular John Fowler site, I was worried, even thinking I might ring before hand and voice my concerns! Then my ever calm and hopeful husband reminded me that we had been lucky enough to get this Monday to Friday 'Sun' holiday for a great price of £60, and that we were only using it as a base. When we drove through the entrance my spirits rose, it was very pretty and tree lined. We were seen straight away at reception and directed to our chalet. Most are in a tudor style and looked quite nice. Our particular chalet was very clean and well equipped, yes they have been well used but other than the bed being far too hard, we had a nice clean, dry place to stay. The shop was well equipped for what we needed and the prices were normal! The pool and bar area looked very nice but as our children are grown up now we didn't use them. For us it was great and central to all the places we had wanted to visit. Hayle beaches are fantastic and so clean. All in all I would book again.

“Tolroy Manor ? don't do it”

written by on 15/06/2011

Having booked with Haven for the past 10 years and stayed at some superb sites like, Camba Sands, Rockley Park, Hafan y More and the Orchards, we decided we would try another holiday company for a change for our 2010 annual fortnight. During February 2010 we booked two weeks holiday at Telroy Manor with John Fowler Holidays for mid-august. Having looked at the brochure many times the whole family where all looking forward to what should have been another great extended family holiday. As soon as we arrived we could see that the site was nothing like the brochure promoted and was nowhere near the standard of sites we had come accustom to on previous Haven holidays. Accommodation was awful all the furniture and carpets where shabby and worn out, infect I have seen better chairs and sofas thrown in the skip at our local tip and one of the mattresses was so worn and lumpy our daughter in Law chose to sleep on the floor the first night so we complained and insisted on a replacement which then two days to be sorted out, also the person on reception could have been a lot more helpful and welcoming. The family that had the lodge next to ours actually insisted that they be given alternative accommodation on another John Fowler site as their lodge was so run down and smelled damp, they left the same day that they arrived. On the first night we visited the run down club, It was not your typical holiday club with a great atmosphere and to be honest we did not appreciate the continual homosexual innuendos we had to put up with from the compare / entertainer, and it didn’t get any better, there was no proper entertainment other than a comedian one night half way through the second week who's material was totally unsuitable for a family holiday club with children , after that we didn't bother with the club again. The best part of the holiday was the good weather and the lovely beach at Hayle. To sum it up we felt so let down and disappointed that having spent £2,500 for what should have been a great two weeks holiday, what we got was the worst standard of holiday we have ever experienced and we will never book another, or recommend a holiday with John Fowler. This year we are back with Haven and have booked two weeks at Rockley Park Pool, at least we know what the facilities are like on this site so no disappointment thank goodness this time. So if you are thinking of going to Tolroy Manor I would strongly recommend you think twice it really is awful!!

“This camp at tolroy manor was better than i thought! i...”

written by on 28/12/2010

This camp at tolroy manor was better than i thought! i read all of the reviews and i was worried that it would be damp wet soggy smelly but this camp wasn't! I would recommend it to you BUT take plenty of money save up. The entertainers were Aaron, Ben and Zoe, all very friendly to the children and entertainment was about 3* to 4* but more 4*. Our family went in October for Halloween. Brilliant. we had a party and games and the children did dances what they had practiced at the club which was brilliant and the staff behind the bar and at the swimming pool and the cleaners were so friendly but now Aaron has left i still recommend this to you but tolroy manor will never be the same without him and they all welcomed us very good and go and enjoy yourself

“We stayed at Tolroy at the end of Sept & beginning of...”

written by on 20/11/2010

We stayed at Tolroy at the end of Sept & beginning of October. The lodge was very well equipped,clean and very cosy. We needed no additional heat. The Park was very clean and the staff very polite and helpful. The Takeaway had recently changed management and was very good & more importantly reasonably priced. It's situation makes it ideal for exploring and is within easy reach of lots of attractions. The town of Hayle has everything that you could need including a Cornish Pasty factory that has a shop. We needed the Doctors whilst we were there and even the Dr we saw was excellent. My only critism is the outside of the lodges need some TLC, like cleaning out the gutters as there were ferns & various foliage growing in them! We are going to rebook as we enjoyed it so much.

“I have arrived back from Tolroy today and i was sorry...”

written by on 28/10/2010

I have arrived back from Tolroy today and i was sorry to leave!! Found nothing wrong with the accommodation, the facillities were somewhat worn but its the end of the season, so its expected.
The staff were so helpful in providing extra bedding etc. went out their way to please us!!
Now to the entertainment! well my 10 year old has never had so much fun in a holiday park before!! and weve been to many, the staff Ben, Zoe and esp Arron made her holiday, they couldnt do enough for the kids! Then to the adults they kept us well entertained too!!
Go back?? CANT WAIT!!! dont read the horror stories, go and see for yourself!! apart from the park there is so much else to do. Flambards is a great day out for all, pre book by phone and u get a great deal. See u all next year and thanx to the staff

“i stayed 1 week in tolroy manor in aprivate cottage in...”

written by on 01/08/2010

i stayed 1 week in tolroy manor in aprivate cottage in trevithick merchants house which had plenty of room really modern loved it. There was plenty to do there swimming pool was nice enjoy it in the entainment club playing bingo, watching the shows and the stripeys aaron, ben and zoe dance and perform i will be going back next year cant wait gutted to go back home to wales.

“We had a Brilliant Holiday, we stayed in the...”

written by on 27/07/2010

We had a Brilliant Holiday, we stayed in the Trevithick site at Tolroy in a Privately owned House, booked through John Fowler, The Decor was up to
great Standard. There were plenty of facilities for the Children, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts and a fantastic Club with Entertainment every day for children and Adults. It was not far from the beach and other local attractions.

We would not hesitate to go back next year, but would recommend the Trevithick Site as we thought it was the nicest part of Tolroy manor

“dont stay there its horrid its damp got bit to death...”

written by on 15/07/2010

dont stay there its horrid its damp got bit to death by bed bugs lasted 1 nite there and left after that gave me full refund straight away,what does that say about it then folks ,just dont go infact the name is well suited because john fowllers is fowl dnt stay in any of his parks,be warned

“We booked a week holiday in the merchant 4 houses, we...”

written by on 01/06/2010

We booked a week holiday in the merchant 4 houses, we went during term time so was very quiet. On arrival the staff were very welcoming, we were directed to our house, the house was very clean and spacious apart from the very small kitchen. However the following morning we noticed ants on the dining table, we reported this immediately and a housekeeper was sent round with spray which did elimate the ants. The stripes were fantastic and very entertaining with the children, the childrens entertainment was brill and the adults was ok but very limited. During the week i did notice i was getting bites on my feet which got very bad by end of week. I told the receptionist about this on departure and was told she would check the house. I would recommend this holiday as we had a brill holiday, the children loved it....i would just recommend you take some cream for bites just in case! Will def book again for next year.

“Stayed for a week in half term, To be honest the park...”

written by on 31/05/2010

Stayed for a week in half term, To be honest the park itself needs some updating but paid very little for a weeks accomodation in Cornwall especially within school Holidays. I read the reviews before we left and was pertryfied about what we were letting ourselves in for, but to be fair we had a nice 4 birth chalet. Yes, there was a slight smell of damp as you entered and condensation on the single glazed windows, but the sofas were leather and the cooker worked, overall was very clean and tidy, modern furniture and a flat screen TV. Fresh bed linen and comfyish beds. All crockery from Ikea etc etc and as a base for a holiday was value for money. You get what you pay for and for those who like 24ct gold carpets and matching diamond encrusted taps they really shouldn't waste their money as they will be disapointed from the off. I think personally a holiday is what you make it regardless of where your base is.

“Just come back from a weekend away 16-19 April, Tolroy...”

written by caz n pete on 24/04/2010

Just come back from a weekend away 16-19 April, Tolroy Manor Hayle,in which we had a fantastic time staff at the holiday park were so helpfull and friendly, entertainment staff were great and kept us entertained.
chalet we had was good and not far to walk to for the entertainment in the evening.
As this was the begginning of the season it was fairly quite but we enjoyed this.
The area the park is in is nice and peacefull
This is a good base to explore Cornwall
All in all we had a fantastic weekend and would recommend it to any one

“We have just returned from Tolroy Manor after our stay...”

written by on 21/04/2010

We have just returned from Tolroy Manor after our stay over the easter period. We stayed in one of the private houses which i must say was a very high standard, very clean and very well equipped. The park itself was clean and friendly and felt very safe as we were with 5 children. The only downfalls are that the shop is not open enough but there is a local spar 2 mins away. The reception staff were friendly based on which one was on duty! I would not hesitate to return there but in the accommadation that we stayed. There seems to be different levels of standards. As for the location of the park, it is ideal distance wise to all the local attractions. Overall brilliant holiday.

“Site was good and there it ends. Chalet was dirty and...”

written by on 14/04/2010

Site was good and there it ends. Chalet was dirty and smelt very strong of damp for a family of six there was in sufficient hot water when speaking to reception staff we were told that no staff were available to assist as we found out during our visit,one female staff covering reception, bar,any thing else that was needed. sleeping in the chalet was bad the sofa bed had a mattress that was about one inch thick, the double was so hard caused discomfort.If you were unfortunate enough to brush against the window woodwork you were left with dirt on you clothing cutlery draw fell off when opened.We were in a very large party that paid a large sum of money for the stay, many of the party were youngsters and low and behold no swimming pool fact nothing for the youngsters in our party In my opinion we paid an awful lot of money for accommodation that was very bad and gave a bad picture of Fowler Holidays Having had links with holiday leisure in the past I was of the impression that the accommodation had not been inspected buy site management or site management was very poor or not interested Our visit was an annual event ,we are a successful youth rugby team and our visit did not encourage a return to this site or any recommendation to others.
In general our visit to your site was disappointing to all of our party and I am sure that this can not be a true example of John Fowler Holidaye
It would be interesting to see your comments and therefore give you my address[[email protected] ]
G. R. Scanlan

“on arrival, there was codensation on the windows. ”

written by on 06/04/2010

on arrival, there was codensation on the windows.
the place smelled damp. There was one electric heater not working so was very cold, so cold we had to come home early!!! we had 4 children and 2 adults staying there. Kitchen was unclean, hence we ate outdoors. Uncomfortable bed, as hard as nails and uncomfortable furniture throughout. The iron would not heat up. The kettle boiled and water remained luke warm.
Oh and if you like swimming in bed...book this cottage because its plastic sheet galore!!!! Don't forget your trunks!!!!