Samsung C100 Reviews

• Style

Samsung C100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Samsung C100

Samsung C100

“ALERT!Two brands of C100 in Nigerian market.One bought...”

Written on: 15/08/2005 by t t mbam (1 review written)

ALERT!Two brands of C100 in Nigerian market.One bought from a Samsung distributor (D)and the other bought from Tosman computer electronic store Ikeja Lagos(T). T;1. Carton is darker 2.Write up inside the phone(with battery removed)appears sharper than the one bought from 'D' 3.A waste basket crossed with an x is drawn on the inside of the one bought from T. 4.A sticker of same waste basket crossed with x is on the charger. Can Samsung investigate this please as this phone is popularly… Read Full Review

“The Samsung C100 has a beautiful colour display which...”

Written on: 10/01/2005 by sree1231 (1 review written)

The Samsung C100 has a beautiful colour display which is based on the Samsung sft screen technology, even though the refresh rates are good, a lot needs to be done as far as the screen size is concerned.. a little bigger screen would have enhanced the sales of the phone ..
Even though the keypad and the lights are solid, messaging from this phone is a nightmare, for one there is no one-to-many sms function, the typing is tedious and the response time is large when the characters exceed 240… Read Full Review

“Happy with its look and sound. ”

Written on: 30/11/2004 by ranjulb (1 review written)

Happy with its look and sound.
Tone and PICtures cannot be attached in SMS. seems like attachement is possible from a personal folder alone but never able to save anything to this personal folder that you never send anything from this personal folder!! Not possible to SEND TONE AND PICTURE -hectic?
Reception is low, ring sound is good only for some perticular frequecny. retains most setings after battrey removal. But some settings do reset. IRDA commincation works fine with LAPTOP… Read Full Review

“I've been using my Samsung C100 for about 2 months....”

Written on: 08/09/2004 by Aws (1 review written)

I've been using my Samsung C100 for about 2 months. Few problems had arised with it, only for slow messaging and long recharging time. But I found that this phone is very nice and attractive… Read Full Review

“Tried connecting to a pc with an A 300 cable. Never...”

Written on: 22/06/2004 by strugglerzinc (1 review written)

Tried connecting to a pc with an A 300 cable. Never worked. Don't know if there is a cable available for the Samsung C100 mobile phone. Haven't tried the IRDA though. Animated menus are not slow like some would have you believe. Shortcut keys are very convenient. The WAP browser is good enough. Not great but good. I haven't had any problems with this phone so far… Read Full Review

“I bought the Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone a few...”

Written on: 22/04/2004 by catting33 (1 review written)

I bought the Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone a few months ago over the internet for £89.99 which is a bit more than in most shops but i have to say i think it is nearly worth every penny: i like the colours and the layouts but the annoying thing is that it has quite slow starting menus, for example when you turn on the fone you have to wait about half a minute for the sms service to "Initialise".
But that's really the only annoying thing about it… Read Full Review

“Overall if the one to many sms is provided...the...”

Written on: 30/03/2004 by gopinathp (1 review written)

Overall if the one to many sms is provided...the Samsung C100 mobile phone is just great… Read Full Review

“I bought this Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone in Oct....”

Written on: 20/02/2004 by sdrazfar (2 reviews written)

I bought this Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone in Oct. '03 and found out that I had bought just the right phone, it has an excellent array of tones with good sound quality and loudness and it's screen resolution is extremely superb. It has all the features I needed except MMS and not so good reception… Read Full Review

“I just bought this Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone as a...”

Written on: 30/01/2004 by dan524844 (8 reviews written)

I just bought this Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone as a replacement for my sharp gx10i and iam delighted, this phone is amazing, samsung have really gone up in the world, the menus are nicley designed and are very nice to look at (unlike the sharp gx10i) the ringtones are the best i have ever heard. the screen has got a nice bright colour display, that is unusal compared to other budget phones, the only thing i can knock about the phone is the size of the screen, it could have been a bit bigger!!… Read Full Review

“I've just got the Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone in...”

Written on: 20/01/2004 by grafwat (1 review written)

I've just got the Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone in less than 2 weeks now. I met all I saw in its catalogue on vodacom website. It's just a great phone with a great design. The display is second to none, the ringing tones are better than best, the power management is excellently ok and the reception is well acceptable. Thanx to SAMSUNG. Some people might feel very different from my own feelings, but for me, the phone is just ok and it's cost-effective… Read Full Review

“I had purchased the Samsung C100 one month before and...”

Written on: 10/12/2003 by praveenjalan (1 review written)

I had purchased the Samsung C100 one month before and it was working fine till yesterday. Now it has automatically been disturbed and it has stooped working.The mobile gets switched on but after sometime it automatically gets hanged for sometime and again it works. None out here is able to give solution to such problem… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to praveenjalan's Review

Written on: 17/07/2011

A couple of things come to mind when I look at the details surrounding this review.

1. Click Consult PAY YOU a reasonable amount of money to do their accounting. Therefore, is it conceivable in any way that you might leave a less than complimentary review when they ask you to? (bearing in mind that they also gave you a great review on your own site)

2. You are one of a handful of people who have left a great review in the few days following a rather incriminating review detailing how shockingly they treated a non-associated customer. Would the timing suggest that they contacted you (and other customers who are guaranteed to leave great reviews) to help push down negative details of their customer dealings?

Read 1 Comment

“I was previously using a Siemens C55, and belive me u...”

Written on: 20/11/2003 by neoregx (1 review written)

I was previously using a Siemens C55, and belive me u wont find a better sms text editer other then that. The reseason i replaced it with my Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone was its 64K color screen and so is the colored WAP browse. Its realy great to have a colored browser but unfortunatly have 128*128 resolution, Samaung choos a bigger Font and it allows it to disply little info even with 5 lines of text. One thing i cant understand why does they keep displaying the Signal and Battry status in… Read Full Review

Suryakirantnv's Response to neoregx's Review

Written on: 30/11/2003

Any idea on how much this Samsung C100 costs both in grey market as well as with bill??

Read 1 Comment

“I have just bought the Samsung C100 sim free, I am...”

Written on: 17/11/2003 by joyg (2 reviews written)

I have just bought the Samsung C100 sim free, I am experiencing difficulty in usung the wap. I have been onto my service provider vodafone but I still come up with the message no network connection or error 400 or error 500 can anyone help me to sort this out… Read Full Review

149297_Akinwumi Tayo's Response to joyg's Review

Written on: 27/03/2004

I bought a samsung c100 the phone is quiet good but the wap browser is not functioning.pls what can i do,to rectify this problem

Read 1 Comment

“Had my phone for just over a month. Pleased with most...”

Written on: 07/11/2003 by Disturbed UTT (1 review written)

Had my phone for just over a month. Pleased with most the features but a few bad points let it down.
Problems I've had:
Slow Menus,
Slow non-smooth games (default and downloaded ones),
Very slow WAP (The pages load up quickly enough but scrolling and typing in WAP in painfully slow),
If I have the message alert tone turned on and not the vibrate, the tone will stop working after a while but then be back again after a short time (Samsung say it is my handset but I have changed it once and have… Read Full Review

Joyg's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 17/11/2003

could you tell me how managed to set up the wap to actually work, I am having trouble keying in the ip address it will not let me put in the last zero of the last three digits i.e. 012 it stores as 12 can you help

Jillybabyuk's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 03/02/2004

I love this phone its great. My only problem is i cant get colour backgrounds can any one help me?? email [email protected] if you can. thanks

Disturbed Utt's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 10/01/2004

I don't have any trouble accessing WAP, the problem I have is scrolling on a WAP page using the one line at a time scroll option. But using the side buttons is fine. So when the page has already loaded onto my phone it can't be down to the network provider. I think the problems I have had are just down to my phone, but I have taken it back to the same shop and had it replaced but still have the same problems. So, I'm not sure if CELL TALK UK has had a bad batch but they weren't very helpful at all.

Tonymontana's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 30/12/2003

I too have had problems accessing wap on o2.They,ve texted me the settings but I never received them (twice).Also folowed landline instruction to no avail. Good phone otherwise but I think its going back to the shop.!!

Blueysea's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 01/12/2003

My Samsung C100 is working fine, your WAP problem has got nothing to do with the phone it's your network. I'm on virgin and the WAP is fast. The games on my phone work fast aswell, aswell as the menu's so I can't really see where your coming from there. When you compare the colour screen with other colour phones you will see that it is much better quality.

Disturbed Utt's Response to Disturbed UTT's Review

Written on: 22/11/2003

When I got my phone it was already set up to work with all the different service providers, all I had to do is choose what one I wanted to use. Try getting the WAP settings sent to your phone. I know 02 can do this from their web site.

Read 6 Comments

“The Samsung SGH-C100 has very good volume and the...”

Written on: 07/11/2003 by joyg (2 reviews written)

The Samsung SGH-C100 has very good volume and the ringtones are very good
colour display very clear, I am really pleased with the C100… Read Full Review

Tanky's Response to joyg's Review

Written on: 06/01/2004

You can get ringtones and graphics from either the sammsung club http://www.samsungelectronics.co.uk/sfc (wap.samsungmobile.com)
<br>
<br>or www.Esato.com if you use Esato tell it you have a nokia 6610 the screen size/resolution is the same

Read 1 Comment

“The Samsung SGH-C100 a very good mobile phone, but I'm...”

Written on: 24/09/2003 by f3rhan (1 review written)

The Samsung SGH-C100 a very good mobile phone, but I'm not stisfied with the WAP Browser… Read Full Review

Baswettina's Response to f3rhan's Review

Written on: 14/10/2003

I agree totally , i have never managed to enter the wap, it keep saying error 400 and error 500.

Read 1 Comment

“I just got my samsung SGH-c100 yesterday and the first...”

Written on: 01/09/2003 by manjidude (1 review written)

I just got my samsung SGH-c100 yesterday and the first thing that i noticed when i first held it was the wieght of the phone, its soo lite that i forgot that it was in my pocket one time. After a few texts i think that the number pad feels and works great. the wallpapers in the phone are great, very much helped by the 65,000 colour screen, which i was extremely impresses by. The java games which are preloaded on the fone,like pac-man and bowling are a very fun way to loose some time or play… Read Full Review

“Well the Samsung SGH-C100 is a Good mobile phone when...”

Written on: 01/09/2003 by drsheikhu (1 review written)

Well the Samsung SGH-C100 is a Good mobile phone when you have a limited money serves all the basic purpose of the fone. Tones and picture quality are too good even for some latest mobiles, by some leading companies. So when you want a cheap mobile with good functions and with some style the only choice left is Samsung C-100… Read Full Review

“The Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone is value for money...”

Written on: 26/08/2003 by Dev. (1 review written)

The Samsung SGH-C100 mobile phone is value for money considering competition(India). The most remarkable feature about the phone is the display. The clarity is amazing.I have used nokia 6610 but the depth of the images are stunning.The polyphonic sound qualy is very good too although i have some doubts about the ringtones provides. The battery is superslim and powerful. The grey areas of this phone are lack of blue tooth connectivity and its size. I personally prefer the size of nokia 8310 so… Read Full Review

“Samsung have done it again with a superb slim and...”

Written on: 17/08/2003 by scarborian (32 reviews written)

Samsung have done it again with a superb slim and lightweight handset that will make you the envy of your friends, especially if they have the older N500, N620 or Nokia 5210i!
So lets get the basics out of the way first. The call quality on this phone is superb and equal to a dect phone used on a BT landline. With its built-in aerial the phone managed to hang on to calls even in known poor signal area's. The keypad is a good size and the keys easy to use, even for sausage fingers, although the… Read Full Review

Ravindra183's Response to scarborian's Review

Written on: 11/10/2003

I am not able to download any ring tones or games or any clips by gprs, it says unsupported content for ring tone, data too large for clips n not supported for games can some one help me, calling up samsung office was waste of time n money, Any help would be apprecaited

Manuhomoeo's Response to scarborian's Review

Written on: 25/04/2004

Gr8 phone, Great value for money. cute styling, very fine finish, fine colours and all and all.
<br>T9 making problems since new words cant be added & finally hmmmm battery ....it could have been a little bit more back up...it hardly reaches the second day full. 36 hrs with moderate use..with out vibra & with service light on..Any how a good buy.

Joyg's Response to scarborian's Review