Yo Sushi Reviews

• Quality of food

Yo Sushi - Ask a question now

“Love their fish”

written by OliviaSamova on 04/06/2018

Yo is one of those heartwarming places that just makes a girl feel great. I needed a bit of an all protein diet to combat some excess fat and of course I turned to fish. Love their sashimi and their nagiri and of course all their sushi. A friend of mine is a student and if we both go out she gets us student discount on top. Bonus!

“My favourite Japanes cuisine ”

written by DJ_Stuart on 23/12/2013

The food is always served very quickly and prepared to the highests standard. In addition the staff are friendly and attentive.

“Tasty grilled salmon”

written by BenjaminJ on 04/11/2013

I like the grilled salmon with its sweet, sticky soy based sauce. Salmon is rich of vitamins and I usually prefer it when I'm ordering a meal. Salmon meat contains Omega 3 fatty acids and will help you lower the level of cholesterol in your organism. The restaurant is welcoming and this is the reason why I go there twice per month.

“My go to Sushi joint”

written by elephantman8888 on 09/08/2013

Need good sushi at good prices? Why go anywhere else! Yo Sushi is where I always end up when I am in the mood for Sushi. Very highly recommended

“I love sushi, and was in a rush, and so decided to...”

written by kkff on 10/01/2011

I love sushi, and was in a rush, and so decided to check out Yo Sushi - I'd always thought it to be a Westernized chain restaurant without any authenticity, but I gave it a go.

Upon arriving, we were quickly found a seat. The staff were friendly, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was lively and the place was clean, but that's where my praise stops.

Although the food isn't particularly expensive for this kind of restaurant, it wasn't of a very high standard.
It arrived quickly but was luke-warm which suggests to me that it had been sitting on the side in the kitchen for a while. The rice was bland and although it was cooked, it didn't taste like it.
The chicken tasted of fish, and the fish tasted of nothing at all. It was also VERY oily.

I'm sure that not all of their restaurants are like this, and they may have just been having an 'off-day', but I won't be going back.

“All the staff were very friendly, the service was...”

written by SarahJane2010 on 15/09/2010

All the staff were very friendly, the service was quick and the food was good quality. The cost did mount up but it does with sushi restaurants. I would definitely go back again and recommend to others.

“Have used the Yo Sushi outlet at Gatwicks North...”

written by bestbear on 21/10/2004

Have used the Yo Sushi outlet at Gatwicks North terminal and have always enjoyed the food. Very relaxed atmosphere and great to be able to watch the staff make up to dishes. Service can be a little slow when you want to place a drinks order and believe it or not when you want to pay the bill!!

“Yo! Sushi is fantastic for either a quick snack or a...”

written by missdornag on 26/03/2004

Yo! Sushi is fantastic for either a quick snack or a full meal. Ever wanted to try a bit of everything from a menu? This is the place for you. It's kind of like a Spanish tapas in the sense you can get loads of little meals. For the weak-hearted or the sushi virgins, hot meals are also available like rices, deep-fried chicken, prawn of vegetables and even soup. Each person has their own station with a still and sparkling water tap with a few garnishes for food. For the first time, try gyoza (dumplings), chicken katsu (breaded), tempura (lightly battered) veg and firecracker rice. It's as cracking as it sounds!!

A4Pacific's Response to missdornag's Review

Written on: 08/04/2004

Should mention the price, VERY expensive for the amount of food per plate !

Guest's Response to missdornag's Review

Written on: 01/08/2011

hmmm review or advertisement?