F. Hinds Reviews

• Layout of shop

F. Hinds - Ask a question now

“Terrible service”

written by Martyn23 on 23/03/2024

Terrible customer service. Chain clasp developed fault just over a month after purchasing. Took back to shop who tried to say clasp had been pulled, which it hadn't. They said we'd have to claim off insurance, whic fortunately purchased at an extra cost, and sent it off to be fixed. Three telephone calls later and they said the chain still hadn't been returned. Went to shop, six weeks later and they said they had recieved an email from head office four weeks earlier telling them to replace faulty chain. No apology from shop, no admittance of faulty goods, and to top it all they said we would need to take out new insurance if we wanted to cover the replacement chain. Absolute joke of a company - avoid Carmarthen branch at all costs.

“F HINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE”

written by AnnaKathleen on 20/01/2024

My dealings with F Hinds began approximately 8 years ago when I decided I would like a few 9ct rings other than my engagement ring and eternity ring. At first there was no bother at all with F Hinds as I knew my ring size and it was a question of either pick the ring up from a local store or it would be sent by Special Delivery. I made add that I have spent a small fortune with this jeweller and accumulated some nice rings. However, out of the blue after returning items to store because I did not like them or did not fit I was told I had 13 accounts (no mention of what this meant ) or the relevance of these accounts which I hastened to say I did not set them up. I received my first letter from F Hinds. The context of the letter was most unpleasant and I am sure then that this girl was on about accounts and the store losing money because I had made a return and yet they state in their terms and conditions a customer is perfectly entitled to refund an item of jewellery within 30 days and also they have a 14 day Cooling Off Period and I quote "If you (or the recipient of your gift) are unhappy with any purchase we will try to assist you. As your purchase, will have been made through distance selling methods (i.e via the internet or over the phone), you are entitled by law to cancel the order with 14 days of receiving the goods. This is known as a "cooling" off period and is extended to 30 days from the date of dispatch under our returns policy. Later on I received another letter from a customer service assistant telling me of the problems of returning goods and a long sob story. I promptly told him where to go. The head office of F Hinds have told all their staff in 115 stores throughout the UK that I have 13 accounts with them and I know categorically I do not have 13 accounts. You would think out of common courtesy they would explain what 13 accounts mean. I never realized that buying from a store was a criminal offence. I am copying their recent letter into this and it is as follows: We have noticed from our records that you currently have thirteen customer accounts with our company. Furthermore, it would appear that the majority of the transactions that you have processed through these accounts have been refunded shortly after purchase as as such this activity is viewed as being suspicious. As a result of this, we are writing to confirm that your custom is no longer welcome with out company and would ask you to refrain from any further purchases from F Hinds Ltd either in store or online. We regret this action has had to be taken but in the circumstances and acting in the best interests of our staff, we feel we have no other alternative on this occasion. I must pick up on their accusation about returning an item to store shortly after purchase. I always whether it be an on line purchase from any store on line or bought on the high street return it straight away. In F Hinds case you normally have to wait 7 days for the refund to be processed. All returns I made I had a receipt so I take umbrage with that comment. I must write about my experience with their Gosport store when I took back a ring which did not fit and the store manager was 30 minutes on the phone to Head Office to see whether or not he could make a refund. I said to the shop assistant at the store good job I do not have to go anywhere in a hurry. Also the Havant store manager has quoted I have 13 accounts. I will reiterate that I have spent a small fortune at F Hinds store. My spending on rings far outweighs any returns I made which was few and far between. I feel I have personally been victimized by this company. I would also add that many of their rings that are advertised on their website are not viewable in the windows of the stores. I would say I bought blind on many occasions taking pot luck on my purchases. The staff of F Hinds have a maleovent attitude which must be put into their training on how to treat customers. I would appreciate any comments on my experience with F Hinds.

“Disgusting ”

written by Aaliyah404 on 04/11/2023

Disgusting service We bought our engagement ring from clacton store and from day we bought it we was told to wait 2 weeks then on pick up we got handed the diamond ring in a plastic bag and was rude to my girlfriend. 4 weeks later diamond fell out of ring and we took it back and was told ring would be sent to there head office was told it be 3 weeks...after many calls and no contact from the store we now told it would be a further 6 weeks as it had to be taken to a diamond specialist.. She then told us that someone had rung us and told us that it would be 3 to 4 weeks...we NEVER recieved any call at all...they proceeded to tell us they did call us but couldn't give us a name who called us. We told her they did not call and she then said " we called you & we was told it be 3 to 4 weeks...NO call was ever recieved..call logged checked..no call. We are taking legal action as we want refund under consumer rights " not fit for purpose" but she still refuses to give us any date on ring. Absolutely disgusting customer service. I would never use this company again & has made this very special event into a heartfelt nightmare... We are now left with no ring!

“Very Disappointed ”

written by Lavie on 24/07/2023

I purchased a watch from Watch Shop, and unfortunately, the timepiece turned out to be faulty just a few days after the 30-day return policy period. When I visited your store to request a refund, I was met with an unwelcoming and unprofessional attitude. Despite politely explaining the situation, the store staff, particularly a lady with a bob cut hairstyle, black-framed glasses, and blonde hair, took an aggressive stance, threatening to involve the police if I did not leave immediately. This demeanor left me feeling deeply upset and disheartened, as I had only come to seek a resolution for the faulty product. I believe that as a valued customer, I deserve to be treated with respect and courtesy, regardless of the circumstances. It is my firm belief that a genuine customer concern should never be met with hostility and threats of involving authorities. Such behavior is not only unbecoming of a reputable establishment like Watch Shop but also reflects poorly on the company's commitment to customer satisfaction. I will never return and i do not recommend anyone to.

“Lifetime Battery”

written by WatchOwnerwithnobattery on 15/05/2023

Have a lifetime battery replacement for my watch. Used it a number of times. I the past a five minute over the counter exchange. Now it's can you pick it up tomorrow. As they only have shops in.major shopping centres it's not worth the petrol and time. Good way of getting out of a lifetime commitment.

“Buyer Remorse ”

written by Davis151 on 18/04/2023

Dear F.Hinds, I want to share something that you should think about if you care any more about customer service. I collected my returned Rolex watch today from your Crawley shop. I’m very disappointed with the fact that you are not able to repair my watch or change the bezel after keeping the watch from March 9th - April 15. I was told by the service center that the clasp was not repairable and was quoted £1,100 for a second hand clasp and £120 to change the bezel over! I asked for the watch to be returned as this is absolutely unacceptable. When I collected the watch at 10am today I walked over to James Stephens Jewellers in Crawley and showed them at 10.10am this morning they said “Absolutely, sure we can repair this it’s a very minor bend and we can change over the bezel for you”. I left the watch with them today 15th April at 10.55am 45 minutes later on the same day they called me and said the watch was ready to be picked up. The price they charged was £30! The watch clasp is as good as new and they also steam cleaned it. I am really shocked and amazed that F.Hind a so called reputable company tried to trick me! Disgusted customer

“WORST COMPANY EVER!!”

written by Diya72 on 04/10/2022

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY FOR REPAIRS, RINGS, WATCHES, ANYTHING THAT HAS DIAMONDS OR EDGES AS EVEN THEY TELL YOU, YOU HAVE 6 MOUNTS WARRENTY, THST IS NOT THE CASE. THEY ARE LIERS AND THEAVES. REPAIRED A 2500 POUND DIAMOND RING, AFTER 4 MOUNTS ONE OF THE DIAMONDS FELL OFF, TOLD ME IT WAS MY FOULT WITCH IT WAS NOT AS IT WAS NOT FIXED PROPERLY AS I TOOK IT TO A PROFESIONAL RING REPAIR SERVICE IN CENTRAL LONDON. TRUST ME STAY AWAY AS WARRENTY DOES NOT WORK WITH THEM. THEY WILL FIND ANY EXCUSE, TO AVOID IT

“Awful experience, poor quality jewelry and expensive”

written by Bianca.alb on 11/02/2022

I bought 3 pairs of earrings in May - one was a gift, the other 2 for myself (a 60£ ‘white gold cubic zirconia studs’ and a cheaper pair of studs). So I wore the 60£ pair twice and one of the stones fell off. The second pair of studs, though pretty, again lost most of the pretty stones after being worn only a few times. Of note, I do not sleep with my jewelry on and I am careful with it because, oh well, I liked them and so on. So I went back to the store I bought them from (Luton mall) to ask about how they could be repaired/replaced. I had the earrings and stones which fell in the box. The lady who served me was very professional and kind. However, she came back after speaking to ‘the manager’ saying there was nothing they could do about it. I was very disappointed. I do not recommend this store or brand or business. Their jewelry is poor quality, expensive and they do not care to look after their customers.

“Appalling service in Peterborough store”

written by on 20/01/2022

Appalling service in Peterborough store and by Customer Services. Took a very sentimental Wedding Band in for resizing, was measured, inspected by the Manager, informed cost to enlarge would be £69.99 and would be returned by the 21st. I paid the charge, left with my receipt. I then received an email to state that now the cost would be 3 times the amount! and how would I like to proceed? I was never informed that the price quoted and charged would be subject to change or was an estimate. The manager even showed the price in the book on the counter to me at the time of charging me. Called Head Office to be fobbed off, stating that they only ever provide an estimate. If that is the case, why would you charge for an estimate? I have paid for a service that you now are not prepared to honour. F Hinds were not prepared to admit their mistake or honour the price, I've now got to wait for it to be returned before taking it to an honest jeweller.

“RUDE STAFF. POOR QUALITY”

written by JamieMorgan112 on 11/01/2022

Received a gold bracelet for Christmas which broke after 2 days. Returned to Doncaster store well within 28 days of purchase date for a refund. The sales assistant was rude, condescending & totally unhelpful. The way she spoke to me was disgusting. The quality of the bracelet was so poor, that it broke within 2 days & is not fit for purpose. I will never shop here again.

“APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

written by cdWallace378 on 16/10/2021

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Jewellers The issue that I have experienced was: In December 2020 I went into this branch to have a new battery put in my Rotary watch. They offered me an in "house deal" whereby for a payment of £16 they would replace free for the watches life a new battery .As Hinds are a large Company I decided to accept the offer.In July 2021only 8 months after the battery was fitted it failed.All previous batteries I have had installed by other watch repairers all lasted in excess of a year.I returned to the Orpington Branch & they had no battery in stock ,so one was ordered .A week later I returned .The assistant took over half an hour replacing a battery which other providers over 10 years fitted in minutes .They said there had been a problem fitting .They asked me to sign a receipt ,for the work .They then passed me the watch ,which they said was working.I turned to the door to leave the shop.I then noticed IT WASN'T WORKING .I went back in & advised an assistant.A different member of staff ,after another 25 minutes another staff member approached me & said "There is a fault with the watch we can repair it for £90 ,or dispose of it & give you a 20% discount on a new watch..I was so appalled at the attitude & poor service I refused .Staff have a disinterested attitude in fitting batteries They are only interested in selling their watches & jewels,.Amazingly the walls of the shop are festooned with "AWARD CERTIFICATES"received by staff in the branch .I then went to another Jewellers shop they investigated & said my watch mechanism had been damaged by installation of faulty batteries.A repair of the mechanism cost £60 which I accepted ..I contacted Hinds Head Office by e mail & told them in detail what had happened & asked for £60 for the damage incurred by them .They refused. It occurred on: 14/10/2021

“Very poor customer service”

written by Ab1972 on 18/03/2021

Purchased some earrings for a family members birthday online and was provided with a delivery date. When the item did not arrive i called the Customer Service team in Uxbridge only to be told basically it was tough and i should have paid more for a better postage option. Was told they wouldn't even look into it for 10 days and then it would be down to me to call back. Asked to speak to a Manager only to be told no one was available and then when i did make a subsequent complaint I was told i hadn't even asked to speak to one. I don't know what the products are like as i have still not received my purchase but the customer service is awful and at the end of the day although all companies have problems, its how they deal with these that is the mark of a good company and my experience with F.Hinds has been absolutely awful.

“My disabled client I work for walked into the...”

written by Hickey253 on 16/12/2019

My disabled client I work for walked into the Liverpool shop today looking for a small cardboard or plastic jewellery box as he needed to put a gift in ( he'd made a purchase elsewhere but didn't want the person he purchased the item for knowing how much he'd spent so didn't want the box from that particular shop ) the male assistant in F Hinds asked if he could help & when he explained he needed a cardboard or plastic jewellery box the assistant said it was £6 pounds & went to get him 1 when I heard the word £6 pounds as my disabled client got out his money & walked in & said "your not paying £6 pounds for a box to put a gift in " & we left

“Attentive, patient staff who know their stock”

written by davidcarpenter.co.uk on 28/03/2018

Went in today to Hinds after visiting several other jewellers, looking to buy a watch. I knew pretty exactly what I was looking for. The staff member who served me was endlessly patient, courteous and helpful, and really knew the stock. She was able to select, from among their extensive stock, several watches that fulfilled all my detailed requirements. I could have searched all day without finding what I wanted, there were that many watches to look through! Seriously impressively high standard of attention to a fairly average customer (me). Next time they'll be my first stop when shopping for jewellery in Walsall!

“WARNING! DO NOT USE F. HINDS”

written by 131Briggs on 02/03/2018

WARNING! DO NOT USE F. HINDS. Particularly the "Life time battery replacement and reseal". Waste of Money have used it once have ruined a very expensive watch and won't sort the damage or refund the charge. As we will never visit again this is a very expensive battery replacement ! F.HINDS have extremely poor customer service and do not stand by their workmanship! People on the front line in the shop were very polite it's a shame they haven't got the quality of service that you would expect. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING OF VALUE TO REPAIR THEY DO NOT HAVE THE SKILLS.

“Can't even fit a watch battery”

written by DPS80 on 18/01/2018

Unfortunately, I took my watch to the Cambridge branch of F Hinds to get a simple battery and reseal undertaken to keep my watch waterproof, which unfortunately was a big mistake, and I wish I had seen the reviews on here before I had done this. Luckily I always take a photo of my watch before I hand it over to a shop to get a new battery put in because I take great care of my watch as it’s important to me that it looks good. Unfortunately, my watch came back scratched all around the bezel and even some of the numbers had been completely blacked out due to the white markings being scratched off. It seemed like their workshop had purposely kicked my watch about and if they haven’t done that, it was extremely poor workmanship and their skills and machinery that they’re using cannot be fit for purpose. I complained to the Branch Manager and he had the nerve to tell me that the workshop wouldn’t have done that to open up the watch so I showed him the photo that I took on the day I brought the watch in to prove what my watch was like previously, and he had the cheek to ask me what date the photo was taken. I explained that I take good care of my watch and he reluctantly said he would send off the watch to the workshop to get repaired, after I had already waited about five weeks to get my watch back so I then had to wait a further four weeks for the workshop to look at my watch, repair it, and send it back, and unfortunately, it’s not easy for me to get into Cambridge due to all the roadworks going on and lack of parking, which I also explained to the Branch Manager so this was an added inconvenience. Well, the watch was late coming back to the shop by a week and when I did receive a phone call advising me that the watch had been returned, I was advised by the Sales Assistant that she couldn’t e-mail me over a photo of the watch so I could ensure that the watch was back to its original condition so I didn’t have to waste time and money going to Cambridge and back if they hadn’t supplied a satisfactory service as my faith in F Hinds had already diminished by this point. The Sales Assistant said that the watch was now fine so I had to take her word for it. Well, unfortunately, her view of the watch being fine differs to mine. It did look a lot better, but the numbers weren’t right and still had black markings where the white markings were poorly processed, so I advised the Branch Manager that this isn’t in the same condition I brought my watch in at and he advised that he doesn’t think that the workshop will be able to do anymore, which is a bit of a joke considering how intricate a lot of jewellery is so reluctantly I took my watch back as I didn’t want to waste any more time going into Cambridge to be disappointed. I therefore complained to F Hinds’ Head Office to be advised by a member of their Customer Services department that she believes that the new condition of the watch was down to wear and tear and I wasn’t due any compensation, yet, the photo of the watch taken before I took it into the shop, which I sent to her, clearly shows the numbers being fine. So the deterioration wasn’t down to wear and tear at all, if I’ve had the watch for ten years and the numbers have been fine, yet F Hinds had my watch for two months and the number markings are now black and white. If you value your watch and you don’t want to be accused of lying do not go to F Hinds. They obviously don’t value their customers. I certainly won’t be setting foot in any of their shops anymore.

“Watch battery”

written by HaileeDalton on 26/10/2017

Took watch into Orpington branch a month ago for a simple battery replacement and to be made waterproof. They apparently sent it off and promised be ready after 2 weeks - didn't hear a thing. Called them said be another week. No news so went into shop...said workshop broke watch on opening - battery leaked. Will return watch and give refund. Nevermind fact that watch broken!!!! Went in to collect apparently broken watch got refund. My husband has just opened up watch battery intact - still old one probably as not working. Obviously hadn't even sent watch off. Don't bother going there!!!

“Disgusting service bought a ring that was £1200 it...”

written by IslaC27 on 02/10/2017

Disgusting service bought a ring that was £1200 it broke after 18 months , bent from the join they put in and the stone fell out. They are the worst people to deal with. The person I dealt with at the head office put me on loud speaker infront of her office friend while I was explaining this is not acceptable. I asked her not to do that. Her manners are disgusting and she is all over the internet for terrible customer service. One of the shop staff told me how bad she is. Wish I had of know this before parting with my money. STAY AWAY! I am taking them to court.

“Never again”

written by freddiecaryl on 23/06/2017

I bought my wife what I thought would be a nice Christmas present of an Oliver Weber bracelet. This was a big mistake despite costing nearly £100 the plating started to come off after about 3 months.It was sent to Hinds customer support and got no further, it was returned saying it was caused by my wife's perfume (which she doesn't wear). Hinds was less than helpful and suggested I write directly to Mr Hinds.Clearly, customer satisfaction does not figure in their after sales team.

Islac27's Response to freddiecaryl's Review

Written on: 02/10/2017

Fobbed off like me

“Worse service ever”

written by Waughgo166 on 02/06/2017

The manager was rude and unhelpful and I could overhear her talking about me behind the certain well never return to the Worthing store again !

Asked by BridieH on 3rd May 2014 Report this content
Has anyone had problems with their diamond trilogy engagement ring D71/17 (shop) or 047217 (web)?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site