Channel 5 Reviews

Channel 5 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Channel 5

“Rubbish app”

written by Thaddeusc375 on 15/04/2023

It is impossible to register as you can’t enter a date of birth. What a ridiculously ignorant company

“Channel 5 should listen to viewers”

written by SusanJE on 24/07/2022

From what I have read when Neighbours finished there will be a mass exidus from this terribble channel. This review machine is also terrible as I could not say exactly what I think of Channel 5. It is about time Channel 5 listened to what their viewers want. I too will make a point of never watching Channel 5 regardless of what they put on.

“jeremy vine”

written by margaretchristine on 12/11/2019

Please replace Jeremy with Anne Diamond. He is dreadful. Okay on radio, just, but not on TV. Absolutely dire. Just too silly.

“sometimes okay ”

written by lhChristian484 on 19/03/2016

dear channel 5, my 5 I would like to say during the day I am busy and don't get a chance to watch my shows I therefore watch them at night, but now I can't due to the new update of your app. the graphics and sound doesn't match and the subs never work. its a nightmare trying to watch something. Please fix the ASAP!

“Great Childrens Channels”

written by poppylife on 10/12/2012

Channel 5 are by far a great provider of Childrens programmes. My children always rush to the Television in the morning, so that they can tune into Milkshake, the dedicated Childrens channel. Although the BBC do offer CBBC, our favourite is still Channel 5, which is a credit to the tv channel, who to be fair are a lot smaller than the BBC. I really cant recommend Channel 5 enough, they really are a great provider of Childrens programmes, from Noddy to Roary the racing car. It isnt just me that thinks they are great, my Children are the best judges, and they adore it.

“The home of crime”

written by londongirl72 on 28/02/2012

I've never been a big fan of Channel 5 until they started buying the US Crime dramas that have turned around their programming and viewing. Since the introduction of CSI, and their spin offs to adding The mentalist, Criminal Minds and other hit Crime dramas I tend to just watch this channel. I usually set up my Sky+ box to record series and I watch these when I feel like watching with the advantage of being able to fast forward the ads. Lately though, they've lost some programmes to Sky Channels such as Living TV, so some of their Brand New programmes are in fact shows that have previously been shown on other Sky channels, however if you do not have Sky, these are Brand new to you. I can't comment on their day time programming as I am usually at work.

Foxylady47's Response to londongirl72's Review

Written on: 15/05/2013

Channel 5 shows good films & documentaries

“From time to time Channel 5 comes up with some very...”

written by Stevewebb99 on 01/03/2008

From time to time Channel 5 comes up with some very good history programs and also some good natural world offerings as well. Their current series - 'Ice Road Truckers' is the best thing on TV at the moment - full of drama, suspense and gritty human emotion.

“I am surprised to hear that half the country does not...”

written by Stunt Gerbil on 26/09/2005

I am surprised to hear that half the country does not have C5. What are they missing? Loads of terrible films. Appalling late night sleaze. The worst sports coverage imaginable. Quite good news coverage. Loads of terrible cheap house, holiday, move abroad, relationship programmes. Somehow C5 is fantastic though. At least ITV have the money and should not do better. C5 seems to do quite well on a shoestring. Scrap those exploitation programmes late in the evening though. Remember this is England!

“Channel Five may have preposterously tacky...”

written by alan cole on 18/08/2005

Channel Five may have preposterously tacky documentaries and low grade entertainment shows, and is all very silly and populist, but it does have good films. Channel Five shows loads of films, lots from the golden era of the seventies, as well as more recent stuff of the sort that used to get shows on the other channels, but now hardly makes an appearance. It's not bad really and it's free. Oh and the news is quite good as well, at least as good as ITV (although that is not saying much). The football is quite good also, with some inane commentary from John Barnes and co. Don't knock it.

“Channel 5 actually broadcasts at very very low power...”

written by D B JARMEY on 22/09/2004

Channel 5 actually broadcasts at very very low power output causing poor picture quality. It is not broadcast on many, if indeed any, repeater transmitters. That means that over 50% of the country cannot receive it anyway. Our town Calne of over 15,000 people is a good example. Could do with more wildlife and science programmes (like Discovery). Could and should be a quality alternative.