Apple iMac 2 G4 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Apple iMac 2 G4 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple iMac 2 G4

Apple iMac 2 G4

“I've had my Apple iMac 2 G4 for over two years now,...”

Written on: 10/09/2005 by yerpal (3 reviews written)

I've had my Apple iMac 2 G4 for over two years now, and it has never crashed, or needed rebooting EVER!!
Friends and professional photographers told me this, but I never believed them after my lousy experiences with all Windows computers to date, but it's true, these Macs are a breeze to use, and are so reliable and solid on the operating system. I leave mine in sleep mode all the time, it has been running non-stop since I had it. The five year extended warranty I took out, seems to have… Read Full Review

Yerpal's Response to yerpal's Review

Written on: 26/05/2006

Just came accross this in my favourites. To update...
Mac still going strong, sleep/used 24/7 never off, never crashed. Love it and love my ipod too. Soon to buy a macbook

Yerpal's Response to yerpal's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

Latest update...
<br/>Bought the Apple iMac 2 G4 computer system for £999.00. Sold three years later on eBay for nearly £500!
<br/>Value for money.
<br/>Time wasted trying to fix bugs and look for missing drivers etc etc nil!
<br/>
<br/>Bought a Mac book; more of the same....

Themaninthevan2001's Response to yerpal's Review

Written on: 19/11/2006

The Apple iMac 2 G4 is a nice computer system. The designs are crazy; really sexy and with futuristic looks.

Read 3 Comments

“The iMac in this form has been with us for a while now...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by pj1240 (1 review written)

The iMac in this form has been with us for a while now but it is still a beautiful machine to both look at and use. Apple os X is a really good solid operating system and ilife apps are a joy to use. Apple make thing simple. You can get it out of the box and be using the imac within 15mins. The design is like all Apple gear - just beautiful. It's relatively quick (although you could take into account the ease of use as an aid to speed). You don't feel like you have to slog through to make it… Read Full Review

“IMacs are the best and they cover all the rest, if you...”

Written on: 16/07/2004 by Nikki001 (39 reviews written)

IMacs are the best and they cover all the rest, if you have the money and you desperately need one then get it go and treat yourself. They are really great and they look just amazing… Read Full Review

“Overall the Apple iMac is a very nice computer to use...”

Written on: 27/01/2004 by roadblock7 (1 review written)

Overall the Apple iMac is a very nice computer to use but could do with a better keyboard which is backlit.
A big improvement from my old Apple Powermac 8600 250mhz which in itself was a good introduction and old machine which i have not got rid of.
Panther seems to be quite good but there may still be bugs to iron out either in it or in Safari the Browser Apple supplies with IMAC.
The looks of the computer is rather unusual looking and is very 21st Century unlike most PCs which are more box… Read Full Review

“When the flat panel iMac first came out it said "you...”

Written on: 17/10/2003 by redbaron (16 reviews written)

When the flat panel iMac first came out it said "you know you want me on your desk" and it was true I did. The Apple iMac G4 800MHz Superdrive is a consumer machine that appeals to techies alike. The spec of the iMac is excellent a 15" LCD monitor worth around £400 as well as a DVD & CD RW itself worth £500 you practically get the computer for free! It is space efficient and well designed. On the negative side a consumer machine that can be pitched at families with kids may have to be… Read Full Review

“I bought this six months ago, and I never knew how...”

Written on: 03/06/2003 by Hawaii Steve. (1 review written)

I bought this six months ago, and I never knew how easy computers were to use before. I still use Windows machines at work, but they're slow, take up too much space and just aren't intuitive. Many people are put off Apple's for three reasons.
1. Lack of software. Not true. Apple has all of the major big releases, it doesn't have as many games (but that just means you don't get the bad ones), and Apples own software is so good you don't really need anything else.
2. The MHz myth. More MHz… Read Full Review

120591_Greg.'s Response to Hawaii Steve.'s Review

Written on: 01/08/2003

I own a 17" 1GHz iMac and I have to agree with the comment about the iMac and the iPod becoming a part of the family. I am a graphics designer and love this computer. It is true that this computer is more expensive than it's PC equivalents, but this one will surely last you longer and you will have less problems with it (if any!). Macs all the way!

Domsum's Response to Hawaii Steve.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2006

Thanks to their imagination and courage Apple design have turned computers into household love-objects, huh? My wife bought me a 800mhz 17" 'sunflower-inspired' iMac w/ 80Gig HD, from new in '02. I recently bumped it up to 1gig ram (£50). It's not easy to consider upgrading to G5 JUST yet, as this serves my needs...although the thought of one of those new G5's (one day with a blu-ray drive...?) makes my mouth water - I wonder if that's on the horizon, wouldn't surprise me. I use a Maxtor 300GB Firewire external HD which is a sublime system for editing your holiday movies, works well. For those who want to keep the whole thing oiled, I use a free application called Onyx to keep HD optimized.

Jamesgray22's Response to Hawaii Steve.'s Review

Written on: 15/02/2004

Yes, excellently put Hawaii Steve. I want to add my two pennies worth.
<br>I have just graduated from a Film and Video course at Derby University, and I found Apple hardware and software so usefull for editing my films, that I bought an iMac with 15" monitor and 1Ghz processor. Im never going to even share a room with a PC any more! When we would screen our films at the university, it became instantly obvious as to who had edited theirs on PC. Their sound would be out of sync, the image would jump a little. It was horrendous. But mine were perfect because I had put my film through Apple. Thank you Apple. And I do feel like a member of a little community of Apple iMac users.

Cat1Not2's Response to Hawaii Steve.'s Review

Written on: 29/10/2003

Was going to write my own prosaic review of the 17" mac but it's all been better said. I would add however that I came from a non computer background with practically no knowledge and would regularly avoid using those baffling pc's in work...with the mac I found that after no time at all I was zapping around the net listening to and burning cd's and have just finished my first movie. If someone had told me I could produce a movie onto dvd 9 months after buying a computer I would have scoffed in their face...the truth is apple software makes it so easy and you could do it in 9 weeks...I still avoid the pc's in work!

Read 4 Comments