Classic FM Reviews

Classic FM - Ask a question now

“I suspect that Classic FM have bought the rights to...”

Written on: 23/06/2009 by makb1 (1 review written)

I suspect that Classic FM have bought the rights to play repeatedly without further charge three or four records, for example, Eine Kleine, and Vivaldi's Four Seasons ... and play bits of them repeatedly. Certainly there are other offerings as well, but too often sections of the favoured few get repeated.

“Well, I am now going to give up Classic FM (except for...”

Written on: 01/09/2008 by richardsussex (1 review written)

Well, I am now going to give up Classic FM (except for listening in the car). If I could have interent in the car I would give up on that too. Reasons:

I am sick of the endless programme trailers in between music. The chances of actually hearing music playing when you switch on are about one in three. If I want to listen to some music at 9am the following day I am sufficiently intelligent to tune in, I dont need to be told endlessly. And the presenters add practically no value. For example I… Read Full Review

Timothy A Kearton's Response to richardsussex's Review

Written on: 23/06/2009

Having been an avid listener to Classic Fm since its inception, I have to agree with everything that was written by Richard. I too, try the 'what's on at switch on' test, and predictably, there is not music playing. I switch straight over to Radio 3. You can be sure there is music playing, even if you don't like it!
<br/>I too, battled with the 'My Classic FM' player, which played a bit, then came up with 6 consecutive "you're listening to My Classic FM" announcements, which just 'used up' all your 'rejections' and would not play any more under that selection (usually Baroque).
<br/>I too, wrote to Classic Fm approximately 3 times, and I did not once get a response or even an acknowledgement. I gave up in the end.
<br/>So, sadly (for Classic FM), Richard is absolutely right. For goodness sake Classic FM, wake up and listen to your customers (the listener, that is).
<br/>Quite simply, the first item on your 'things to do' list is to.....oh...play classical music..."simples". I don't listen to your station any more, but I would if you got your act (back) together.
<br/>

Timothy A Kearton's Response to richardsussex's Review

Written on: 23/06/2009

I found this review very helpful because...it hit the nail right on the head.

Read 2 Comments